First cruise booked this morning

Thanks to all those who replied to my questions over the past few days. We booked our trip on the Grandeur this morning. Will be sailing on Sept 27th for 6 nights to Bermuda. I am sure we will have tons of question between now and then :)

Travel insurance bought through RCI when I booked the trip :)

I am not sure how you can book SO far in advance - waiting 4 months is going to kill us. I couldn't imagine waiting over a year for a cruise :eek:

Travel insurance bought through RCI when I booked the trip :)

I am not sure how you can book SO far in advance - waiting 4 months is going to kill us. I couldn't imagine waiting over a year for a cruise :eek:

Just check in here regularly and that four months will go by quicker than you think ;)

My wife is already growing concerned about my fascination with this site :)

But with several posters sailing on the Grandeur in the next few weeks, I am eagerly awaiting reviews and more pics (a few of a GS please), plus some news about the AO.

Congrats - I am so happy for you! I believe if you go to portbermudawebcam.com right now, that is the Grandeur docked right now. I know if it's not someone will correct me.:o Either way, it is an RCI ship in Bermuda! A little tip from Lynchburg to Leesburg! :D

Thanks to all those who replied to my questions over the past few days. We booked our trip on the Grandeur this morning. Will be sailing on Sept 27th for 6 nights to Bermuda. I am sure we will have tons of question between now and then :)

Congratulations, hope you have a great cruise.

I finalized a booking for March yesterday...March 2015!:eek: If you get addicted to cruising like some people on here:rolleyes:, you may find yourself doing it too!

If you don't mind having money tied up in deposits, booking early gets you your choice of cabin and usually the best price. You can always get your price adjusted down (until the final payment deadline), but if you don't book and prices go up you're stuck with the higher fare.

My wife is already growing concerned about my fascination with this site :)

But with several posters sailing on the Grandeur in the next few weeks, I am eagerly awaiting reviews and more pics (a few of a GS please), plus some news about the AO.

The solution to that is to get her to register here herself!

We were on the Grandeur about 3 years ago out of Tampa. Nice ship for a first cruise. The bigger ships have just too much going on for a first cruise.

Bermuda is also a great first cruise destination because you get alot more than 1/2 day there.

Good choice, Enjoy

Thanks. We wanted to sail out of Baltimore because we can drive to the port. This kind of eliminated the mega ships, although that was fine with us. Our son was a little overwelmed by all the people at WDW, so we did not want to go too big on the ship. We had two choices - Bermuda or Bahamas, and my wife and I thought a 6 day cruise might be better for a first time, so that led us to Grandeur. We are excited!

Woohoo! Welcome aboard RSLeesburg!

Be prepared to meet some of the most awesome people... yes, there are still grumps onboard, but far and above I've met so many new cool folks onboard, some I've even signed up specifically to go cruise with again!

Judy

You'll be hooked by the time your cruise is over! If you book another cruise while on-board, you'll only have to pay $100 deposit and also get on-board credit! On our first cruise we decided to stay loyal to Royal and to this day have never cruised with any other cruise line - that way all our points are with Royal and we get more benefits!

Have fun and happy sailing! :)

Congratulations on your first cruise booking!!!!!!!! :D

Welcome to the family of cruise addicts!!!:D

Archived