Does any ship or cruise line offer a discount for single passengers?

Also, don't always assume that you will need to pay twice the rate on a cabin if you are solo. Some lines will offer a discount on selected cruises depending on the situation without having a blanket "solo cruiser" policy. I have booked solo cruises on lines that don't actively market a solo price and paid less than 2x. It all depends on their complex formula for pricing. I did back-to-back Mediterranean cruises booked with 30 days notice on Royal Caribbean and paid only about 1.5x what the rate would have been for 2 persons. I just pretend to do booking online to see what the various rates would be for 2 people and then do the same for 1. If they really want/need you, even if you're solo, they may offer a better price. For cruises a little further out in time, they are not likely to offer such an offer, however.

RCI frequently offers discounted rates, they just don't advertise it. You have to price it out to see how much they are charging. I was looking at a 6 nighter to Bermuda this fall was that 499 ppdo, and it priced out for a single at 768. You just have to price it out....Keep looking.....:)

ncl has studio rooms and I believe the quatum is going to have something simliar

Yes Quantum Is Going To Have 28 Studio RoomsAccording To The Press Release For Quantum OTS

I've had some great solo rates on Princess. Usually, I find the best solo pricing for inside & oceanview cabins. I always stay in an oceanview when I travel by myself because balcony cabins never seem to be discounted :(

However, RCI does have some sales for almost last minute bookings where they might have 150% supplements. The Tuesday sale flyer will show what the single supplement is for these sailings.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Once you reach 340 points in Royal's loyalty program, you can book a single in a stateroom for 150% of the single person rate.

Except over Christmas or New Year's, or the ENTIRE MONTHS OF JULY AND AUGUST.

:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

Well, the Quantum looks more and more appealing for me. :o

I have a sinking (that may not be the best term) feeling that those studio cabins just may command a hefty price, more so than the single supplement of other cabins!

As others said: Price it out, I've found sweet deals in the past and cruised once solo as a result. In addition to Quantum, I thought one of the Freedom class (may have been Freedom) was getting some added, and another smaller ship... but I don't really recall what I read, but I saw it on here, somewhere.

Some other boards (not to be named here *smile*) have threads dedicated to finding a room share, if that tickles your fancy.

Judy

Princess also gives you double credits as a solo. Be careful about the solo cabins though on NCL they are sometimes pricier than booking a different cabin solo, they are the cutest cabins though...I love them. Otherwise I usually (not always) find the best solo prices on Royal.

Archived