Upsell from TA for 5-18 Zuiderdam for $435 PP

Mooregre

I just got a call from my TA and was informed that we could receive upsell from Signature to Neptune Suite. Cost is $435 PP. We are on a 7 day sailing of the Zuiderdam (7 day Alaska Cruise). I felt the cost was too high and offered a counter. Do you believe that the price is final or might they counter because the sailing seems to be soft? Any recommendations you might have would be greatly appreciated!

You weren't the only one who got the offer so if they get enough takers there will be no more upsell offers. I turned one down recently because I didn't like the location of the cabin (to far from the Neptune Lounge) but learned it was the only cabin available. I quickly reconsidered and fortunately it was still available when I called back. On other sailings there were several cabins available so it might have been worth waiting for a lower offer.

Thank you for your impute. We are going to take that plane ride you suggested and will be happy with our Signature Suite. It is our first time on HAL (we usually cruise on Celebrity) and we are excited about our upcoming journey!

While the price was reasonable for a Neptune suite, we would not have taken the up-sell on a 7 day Alaskan cruise..

When in Alaska, we never would spend that much time in our cabin to fully enjoy a Neptune suite..We enjoyed our sea days out on deck, where we could easily go to different area's to view the magnificent scenery..

We would rather spend the extra $850 plus on special shore excursions such as the float plane..

Cheers...Betty

We already have a confirmed reservations to do that tour. I have read numerous positive reviews and can't wait!

I'm told the afternoon flight tends to have better weather. Just pray you don't run into Ketchika's "liquid sunshine." But if you do refund is immediate and it sure helped with that bar bill LOL

I would have taken it in a heartbeat.

Me too!!

I dont say no to Up Sells. and I wont be posting online to ask you guys if it is a good deal or not, Yes, Yes, Yes-- hurry up & call HAL and give them my credit card number.. Like the final seconds of an ebay auction:D:D:D

Thank you for your impute. We are going to take that plane ride you suggested and will be happy with our Signature Suite. It is our first time on HAL (we usually cruise on Celebrity) and we are excited about our upcoming journey!

I think this is a great idea too, I am addicted to suites & upsells and have no control!

While the price was reasonable for a Neptune suite, we would not have taken the up-sell on a 7 day Alaskan cruise..

When in Alaska, we never would spend that much time in our cabin to fully enjoy a Neptune suite..We enjoyed our sea days out on deck, where we could easily go to different area's to view the magnificent scenery..

We would rather spend the extra $850 plus on special shore excursions such as the float plane..

Cheers...Betty

I agree with Betty above 100%. IMO, you won't spend enough time in your cabin on a 7-day Alaska cruise to justify the cost. And that Misty Fjords float plane ride was one of the major highlights of this trip for me. The beautiful scenery literally brought tears to my eyes!

Hope you have a fantastic time!

KitKat

Thank you for you comments! Our TA called today and they accepted my upsell counter offer. We are now in a SA Neptune Suite! Got a lower price for a much better suite and location. We still have money to take a couple of those tours you suggested. Many thanks!! :)

Thank you for you comments! Our TA called today and they accepted my upsell counter offer. We are now in a SA Neptune Suite! Got a lower price for a much better suite and location. We still have money to take a couple of those tours you suggested. Many thanks!! :)

Congratulations!!

I am glad that HAL accepted your counter offer.

Just our of curiosity, how much lower did you go, and how did you decided on that amount to counter offer? did your TA suggest it?

The amount was about half of the offer from the TA last week. The price was a counter offer I gave to the TA last week. I am sure this doesn't happen often and the ship may be lacking passengers. In a any event, we were moved from SZ to SA Suite. We are lucky and pleased!

That's Wonderful..Glad you were able to get the better SA suite for your cruise..

Hope you have aw lovely trip to Alaska....

Betty

The amount was about half of the offer from the TA last week. The price was a counter offer I gave to the TA last week. I am sure this doesn't happen often and the ship may be lacking passengers. In a any event, we were moved from SZ to SA Suite. We are lucky and pleased!

See you in the Neptune! :)

Archived