Favorite Foods on Princess

Luckysll

I'm going on my first Princess cruise in September (Golden Princess to Alaska).

What are some of the foods on the menus that are not-to-be-missed (buffet, room service or main dining room)? Not sure I'll go to any of the specialty dining, but if there's something there as well, it could change my mind. :D

The pizza when it is fresh from the oven...most of the items from the International Cafe especially the warm cookies...the creme brulee'...the bread basket on the dinner table each night...can you tell that I usually gain weight on a Princess cruise?!! :p

We always go to the International Cafe get a plate of cheeses and crackers and a drink of choice before dinner in the atrium and listen to the music there.

I do not eat desserts, just one of my ways to watch the calories on a cruise but fell in love with The Love Boat Dream. Dh loves the cheesecake.

love-boat-dessert.jpg

Edited by ready2cruzagain

This is a fab thread and one that I will enjoy following especially if there are photographs. Chef's table - total indulgence and should be on every cruiser's bucket list!

I did the Chef's Table on the Carnival Miracle. It was a wonderful experience, but I'm not sure I'd do it again on another ship, only because there was so much food that by the end, I found it hard to enjoy the food when I was so full.

The Love Boat Dream looks delicious.

The Parmesan Alfrdo in a crusty basket (ask for added chicken or shrimp), the Love Boat Dream dessert, and chicken or shrimp salad from the International Cafe.

I've even had the beef tenderloin from the always available menu on the Fettuccine Alfredo. The cheesy basket is a must.

Other wonderful things are the shrimp salad (as mentioned above) from the International Cafe, the pizza (especially fond of 4-cheese-a daily special) from the lido pizzeria, and the scallops appetizer from the Crown Grill and the Onion soup from the Crown Grill before the delicious ribeye there.

Have a wonderful cruise!

All of the Princess pastas are good - but yes - the Fettuccine Alfredo is exceptional. I order it as a side every night. The pasta with clams usually on the last night of a seven day Caribbean cruise reminds me of Italy, and I order that as a main.

Do the Ocean and the Pacific princess have the International Café? Is It a extra charge eating venue?

It has been 4 years since we were on Princess but will be on the Ocean Princess for 50+ days next spring. Just wondering. I have always loved the Alfredo, what about the Caesar salad is it still an always available item also?

Edited by cwn

Do the Ocean and the Pacific princess have the International Café? Is It a extra charge eating venue?

It has been 4 years since we were on Princess but will be on the ocean for 50+ days next spring. Just wondering.

No...these ships do not have International cafe...and no plans to add as far as I'm aware...

Oh well, I love chicken and shrimp salad. Last time we were on the Ocean (still the old mane then) there was no IC. But the small ships have other charms.

The pizza when it is fresh from the oven...most of the items from the International Cafe especially the warm cookies...the creme brulee'...the bread basket on the dinner table each night...can you tell that I usually gain weight on a Princess cruise?!! :p

I agree with all of the above, plus the fettuccine alfredo, eggplant parmesan, twice baked goat cheese souffle mentioned by others. I also love the spring rolls on the first night, the veal ravioli on the second formal night, and if you are lucky enough for them to be making it as a special dish on Italian night, the penne arrabiata.

Hmmm... I am noticing a cheese and pasta trend in my choices...

Everything from the crown grill and Sabatini's too. The garlic fries, the corn, the spinach, all from the crown are just a few items I loved. The chefs table is a must do. I have done 4 of them. Beautiful presentation, food, and service. Well worth the price.