Hump on Balcony

Can anyone please tell me if room 1648 is a hump balcony? I will be in that room on December 8. I've read that there nice to have but I also read that it may not be a good idea to be located right next door to the royal suite because of flooding from the hot tub? The only two rooms left in that category are 1620 and 1650. Are one of them better?

Does anyone know if it will be decorated for Christmas? Read where people like to hang things on there door, so was thinking I could bring something X-Mas.

Also, I signed up for the RCC visa card. I am using it like crazy to get OBC. Do I have to submit my points when final payment is due or can I wait till it gets closer to my actual cruise date?

Finally, does anyone know if FOS will have unlimited internet package like the Allure does?

Thank you for all your help. 1st time cruising so always have lots of questions. :)

Can anyone please tell me if room 1648 is a hump balcony? I will be in that room on December 8. I've read that there nice to have but I also read that it may not be a good idea to be located right next door to the royal suite because of flooding from the hot tub? The only two rooms left in that category are 1620 and 1650. Are one of them better?

Might help to know what ship. And all the deck plans are on Royal's website. Flooding from the hot tub? Are you joking or trolling?

Does anyone know if it will be decorated for Christmas? Read where people like to hang things on there door, so was thinking I could bring something X-Mas.

Also, I signed up for the RCC visa card. I am using it like crazy to get OBC. Do I have to submit my points when final payment is due or can I wait till it gets closer to my actual cruise date?

Finally, does anyone know if FOS will have unlimited internet package like the Allure does?

Thank you for all your help. 1st time cruising so always have lots of questions. :)

1648 on Freedom is on the aft part of the hump.

Might help to know what ship. And all the deck plans are on Royal's website. Flooding from the hot tub? Are you joking or trolling?

Sorry it is on FOS, December 8, 2013. No joke, no trolling. I read it here about the hot tub flooding onto the cabin next to them balcony. I too thought that was a little crazy. May of just been a one time thing, but it definitely made for some conversation.

I guess if someone got really active in the hot tub, some could spill over.....but I don't think that's a common problem!!!

Or if someone misinterpreted the title of this thread to be referring to the verb form of the word.... :eek:

My wife and I were in 1648 on the Freedom for the April 28th sailing and loved every minute we were in it. It was the quietest cabin I have been in and I am a very light sleeper. I upgraded to it the week of the cruise and was a little worried about noise/flooding from next door, but had no trouble with either. I was on the balcony when it was in use and the noise did not disturb me at all. The location was great and there was no elevator or hallway noise. It is not near a crew passage and there was no noise from above. It is on the back of the hump and right across from the concierge lounge. Of course the noise from next door varies by occupant so good luck, but I would imagine they would have to be really loud in order to be disruptive. One interesting note. We originally were in GS 1556 and I decided to spend the extra $1,500 to upgrade to the OS and after seeing 1556 I am not sure I would do it again, but do not regret doing it. Enjoy the trip.

My wife and I were in 1648 on the Freedom for the April 28th sailing and loved every minute we were in it. It was the quietest cabin I have been in and I am a very light sleeper. I upgraded to it the week of the cruise and was a little worried about noise/flooding from next door, but had no trouble with either. I was on the balcony when it was in use and the noise did not disturb me at all. The location was great and there was no elevator or hallway noise. It is not near a crew passage and there was no noise from above. It is on the back of the hump and right across from the concierge lounge. Of course the noise from next door varies by occupant so good luck, but I would imagine they would have to be really loud in order to be disruptive. One interesting note. We originally were in GS 1556 and I decided to spend the extra $1,500 to upgrade to the OS and after seeing 1556 I am not sure I would do it again, but do not regret doing it. Enjoy the trip.

Thank you for the reassurance. I really wanted the royal suite but it was booked. Being a first cruise for both of us, I figure go big or stay home. I'm sure that wont be the case if I get the itch to cruise as much as others on do, but at least I can say we tried it. Sounds like the location is ok and that was something I was very concerned with. I specifically asked to be midship for fear of get sick. I'm sure we will enjoy it as much as you have.

WOW, I sure hope when I go on this cruise, I wont be sailing with a bunch of dirty old men, or young perverts. :eek:

Simply put, some people just need to get out more often and stop wishing for things that will probably never happen.

WOW, I sure hope when I go on this cruise, I wont be sailing with a bunch of dirty old men, or young perverts. :eek:

Simply put, some people just need to get out more often and stop wishing for things that will probably never happen.

It's all in good fun,I can assure you..I am neither a dirty old man or a young pervert........I am female...

Archived