Elite Social hour changing?

Well said

Do not forget that it was easier to get D on RCL with the "Double up December" where every 'cruise credit' was doubled, with no consideration to actual days. Then with the RCL D you become E with CC. I feel it is the D's which become E's that swell the flood in the CC Lounge. Then the D's double up again in December to become D+ in no time and then flood the CL on RCL. Where will it all end?

But no matter what everyone says, the loyalty system worked!

If it didn't they wouldn't have kept it going so long and promoted it with the vigor they did.

Once "Elite" (or as you near it) many potential cruisers are more inclined to stick with a comp[any that rewards them. My 2 cents.

The fact that the loyalty progressed quickly for the higher catagorys of cabins we like was one of the reasons we now cruise "X" and not very much with Princess.

Once "Elite" (or as you near it) many potential cruisers are more inclined to stick with a comp[any that rewards them. My 2 cents.

I agree, the "Elite" status often keeps you comming back to one line. My BIL and his wife have talked about a cruise with us but they are Elite with Princess and we are Elite with Celebrity and neither couple wants to switch lines.

Mary Lou

Well said

Do not forget that it was easier to get D on RCL with the "Double up December" where every 'cruise credit' was doubled, with no consideration to actual days. Then with the RCL D you become E with CC. I feel it is the D's which become E's that swell the flood in the CC Lounge. Then the D's double up again in December to become D+ in no time and then flood the CL on RCL. Where will it all end?

The December deal started a few years ago and is not included on all ships. There was only one December where points were doubled regardless of length of cruise, since then Royal has gone a credit per day system.

It is much easier to become Elite on Celebrity as you get 2 points for staying in a CC cabin (or 3pts. on longer cruises), while you need to book a Junior Suite or above to get 2/3pts on Royal. A JS cabin is on par with Celebrity's S cabins, both on size and price.

We are elite with Princess and elite with Celebrity... I am very much aware of benefits with Princess but less so with Celebrity. We cruise more with Princess (23 cruises) and on Celebrity... (7 cruises, all CC or QC) so we have the elite status and we are founder members.

I will have to look at Celebrity's web site to see what benefits we get. We are booked on the Silhoutte in Oct 2014.

I know on Princess what I like the most is the "free" internet time.

Maybe Celebrity will actually give more not less benefits, not all changes are reducing benefits.

I can't remember a time over the past few years when there weren't any rumors of imminent Captain's Club changes. I think even immediately after the last time there were some changes a few years ago there were still rumors that there would be some additional changes announced "soon". These rumors inevitably come for a "reliable source" on board the ships.

Interestingly enough, that rumor was started by Celebrity themselves when the announced the new perks. In their announcement they listed all the new perks and told us to watch out for additional benefits being added in the coming months. Even the "reliable source" wasn't so reliable.

You might look at the airline loyalty programs. Many have reduced benefits over the past several years. They have had some whining, but there is little else that one can do.

I tried to be loyal to a certain airline. Once the benefits were reduced, I book with airline that has best fare and route. I no longer have Airline Credit Card.

Our first Celebrity cruise was booked for destination and Port of Galveston TX.

Like Celebrity and have chosen to cruise once a year. The first couple cruises did not think about the point system for being loyal. The more we learned about cruising from others , we have been loyal to Celebrity to reach the Elite Status. We are only able to cruise once a year in Balcony level.

It has taken 7yrs to reach Elite. Would be upset if Celebrity takes Elite from us before we are able to use on 2014 cruise.

The cruise lines need to be loyal to their loyal customers.

So far Celebrity hasn't done anything to be disloyal. All we've heard here are rumors. Celebrity usually has great integrity as a company and I doubt they will adopt a "who cares about you" attitude at this point. They treat Elites (and Selects) like precious gold so I'd be really surprised to see that change.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

But... when the change happened at RCCL we ended up with better status than we had before (slightly) so that was REALLY fair. It is the same parent company.

Tom

The cruise lines need to be loyal to their loyal customers.

So far Celebrity hasn't done anything to be disloyal. All we've heard here are rumors. Celebrity usually has great integrity as a company and I doubt they will adopt a "who cares about you" attitude at this point. They treat Elites (and Selects) like precious gold so I'd be really surprised to see that change.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

But... when the change happened at RCCL we ended up with better status than we had before (slightly) so that was REALLY fair. It is the same parent company.

Tom

Did not say that Celebrity was disloyal but would hope that they will remember those that have been loyal to them if the company decides to change the points system.

I agree with you. I would feel sorry for someone who has 8 or 9 credits and then doesn't get...

That is me and DW with 9. No big deal on losing liquor because I don't partake.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Here we go again. When will the speculation (and arguing) stop?

I'm just exercising my fingers on the keyboard while waiting for the next installment of the tipping, formal attire, smoking, horrible service, food threads.

Then again the sun could go supernova before we get a definitive answer.. ;)

Just back from the Summit and enjoyed the Elite social hour, something they did not have 4 years ago when I last sailed Celebrity. A crewman confided in me that he heard that the bean counters from RCCL are doing the numbers and will have an anouncement toward the end of the year to align the program more closely to the Diamond + program. Which means 25 cruises. Enjoy it while you can.

Star Princess 10/21/13 Hawaii, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 days, NCL 28 days, Princess 214 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity 16 cruises.:confused:

The least likely person to have any info on changes to the loyalty program is a "crewman".

The social hour is one of the least important perks to us. On our last cruise we were on tour till after 5 nearly every evening and only made it to the lounge a few times for one drink.

The laundry, internet and a few other coupons are more important to us. It is so comical that often the only Captains Club perk that is ever discussed omn CC is the afternoon cocktail hour.

M

The laundry, internet and a few other coupons are more important to us. It is so comical that often the only Captains Club perk that is ever discussed on CC is the afternoon cocktail hour.

M

Because social interaction and the cocktails can make one happier than getting one's laundry returned??? :D

I'm just exercising my fingers on the keyboard while waiting for the next installment of the tipping, formal attire, smoking, horrible service, food threads.

LOL - I totally agree with you and also there will never be an answer to suit everyone:rolleyes: one thing we can do though is put our ideas and opinions - I am sure Celebrity staff look at these sites to gauge feelings.

We joined CC in 1992, 3 Ships, and there were only 12,000 members, we have seen a number of changes, our number now has 9 digits. First change they added the tag 'Founders'. Didn't see anything different, but it was neat.

Change happens, the product is still the reason we 'choose' Celebrity, not for a couple of 'free' well pours.

12,000 members in 1992?? That was when one had to pay to join the Captain's Club. "That" was showing commitment. :D

Ray in NH

12,000 members in 1992?? That was when one had to pay to join the Captain's Club. "That" was showing commitment. :D

Ray in NH

We were luckie Ray, we got in about a year before they did the 'experiment':eek: that didnt work out to well.

I am sure Celebrity staff look at these sites to gauge feelings.

We know they do, but we here on Cruise Critic are such a small number compaired to the overall number of passengers on a single ship. Just think, 2500 pax, 7-800 elites, and 70-80 signed up for the CC Meet an Greet. We recruit every cruise we are on with our CC door sign!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200189870858990&l=c5556fb1ba

We were luckie Ray, we got in about a year before they did the 'experiment':eek: that didnt work out to well.

Huh?:confused:

Experiment? Didn't work out? :confused:

Care to share for those of us who have no idea what you are eluding to? :)

Charging to join the Captians Club.

Oh...:o

So when the Captains Club first started, there was no charge, then after some time, they started charging to join, and then they got rid of the charge again? :confused:

I didn't know that.

I'm somewhat concerned the Elite Lounge might be something Celebrity is reviewing, as it must be costing them a fortune

I disagree. Drinks are very cheap to the cruise line. Very cheap PR for Celebrity.

You forgot passports, thongs on the pooldeck and babies in the pools! :D:eek:

Archived