“It’s Been a Lovely Cruise!” Majesty of the Seas 4-Nt Bahamas Review & Pics May 6 '13

Great Review of one of my favorite ships Stacy! Majesty was my first cruise, in 1992, I had to be talked into cruising for our honeymoon... and she is the ship that made me fall in love with cruising!

Edited by MaryEBS

Thanks again for the great review!

Do you have a recommendation for our pre-cruise (Majesty) 2 day stay? We are flying in to Miami - no car; enjoy laying on the beach or by the pool. Any recommendations?

Thanks again - more excited to sail the Majesty!

If you want to stay in Miami Beach, I suggest South Beach. You can taxi there from the airport, and then to the cruise terminal, and do very well without a car there for 2 days. We love the Clevelander Hotel, and also the Essex House is very nice. The best part about SoBe is you can get everywhere in the area without a car--either walk, or take the bus on Washington Avenue. There are many really fun places to explore: Ocean Drive, with all the Art Deco hotel properties, Collins Avenue, Lincoln Road (restaurants, shops, galleries, and great for people watching!) and a lesser known area called Espanola Way. I love SoBe, and while it's not someplace I'd ever want to live, it is a very fun place to spend a few days.

You can also use Priceline to get a better deal on hotels. And one caveat about the Clevelander--if you stay there, when you make your ressie, ask for a room on the "quiet side.";):)

If you have any questions about SoBe, just post them.

Great Review of one of my favorite ships Stacy! Majesty was my first cruise, in 1992, I had to be talked into cruising for our honeymoon... and she is the ship that made me fall in love with cruising!

Hey Mary! Glad to see you posted. I know we both love Majesty :) Hope you are doing well.

If you want to stay in Miami Beach, I suggest South Beach. You can taxi there from the airport, and then to the cruise terminal, and do very well without a car there for 2 days. We love the Clevelander Hotel, and also the Essex House is very nice. The best part about SoBe is you can get everywhere in the area without a car--either walk, or take the bus on Washington Avenue. There are many really fun places to explore: Ocean Drive, with all the Art Deco hotel properties, Collins Avenue, Lincoln Road (restaurants, shops, galleries, and great for people watching!) and a lesser known area called Espanola Way. I love SoBe, and while it's not someplace I'd ever want to live, it is a very fun place to spend a few days.

You can also use Priceline to get a better deal on hotels. And one caveat about the Clevelander--if you stay there, when you make your ressie, ask for a room on the "quiet side.";):)

If you have any questions about SoBe, just post them.

I need to try Lincoln Rd. sometime. I didn't care for SoBe myself, but maybe I'd like that area.

I need to try Lincoln Rd. sometime. I didn't care for SoBe myself, but maybe I'd like that area.

There is so much more to SoBe than Ocean Drive. I think you would enjoy Lincoln Road, as well as the other areas in SoBe. Even the little side streets are fun to explore! If you have a rental car, then there are even more areas to explore nearby, such as Coconut Grove and Little Havana.:)

Edited by KeywestK

There is so much more to SoBe than Ocean Drive. I think you would enjoy Lincoln Road, as well as the other areas in SoBe. Even the little side streets are fun to explore! If you have a rental car, then there are even more areas to explore nearby, such as Coconut Grove and Little Havana.:)

I will have to try that. I have been to Coconut Grove a few times and really liked it.

And I would recommend to you Kenny Chesney's CD "Be As You Are". The entire CD is songs about the islands. I really enjoy it.

I see why you like this CD, I appreciate you letting me know about it. I am listening to it now here at work.

Is "Island Boy" your favorite song?

BTW--the other day I was driving to work and this truck in front of me had an "Island Boy" decal on the back window. I thought it said "Ocean Boy" and got a good laugh once I saw that it said "Island Boy." I thought, there's only one Ocean Boy.... :)

Quick question, where did you clear customs? Where do they check passports before you get to Key West or in Miami.

We are planning on taking this cruise and have friends meeting us - didn't know schedule thanks.

Quick question, where did you clear customs? Where do they check passports before you get to Key West or in Miami.

We are planning on taking this cruise and have friends meeting us - didn't know schedule thanks.

Hi, we went through Customs on the ship in Key West. US Citizens are around 10:30, we went a little early around 10:00 and walked right through. Deck 5, A Chorus Line Lounge, Aft.

You show your Photo ID/passport and SeaPass card and you're on your way, ready to explore KW.

I see why you like this CD, I appreciate you letting me know about it. I am listening to it now here at work.

Is "Island Boy" your favorite song?

BTW--the other day I was driving to work and this truck in front of me had an "Island Boy" decal on the back window. I thought it said "Ocean Boy" and got a good laugh once I saw that it said "Island Boy." I thought, there's only one Ocean Boy.... :)

Island Boy and Old Blue Chair are my two favorites.

.... Form that old blue chair I caught some fish and some rays,

And I watched boats sail in and out of Cinnamon Bay.

I let go of a lover who took a piece of my heart,

Prayed many times for forgiveness and a brand new start....

Island Boy and Old Blue Chair are my two favorites.

.... Form that old blue chair I caught some fish and some rays,

And I watched boats sail in and out of Cinnamon Bay.

I let go of a lover who took a piece of my heart,

Prayed many times for forgiveness and a brand new start....

I knew it!! The first song is "Old Blue Chair" and I figured you liked it a lot. How, I have no idea...

Great lyrics.

Edited by LuckiStac13*Majesty*

I knew it!! The first song is "Old Blue Chair" and I figured you liked it a lot. How, I have no idea...

Great lyrics.

I neither sing or play the guitar as well as Kenny (obviously or I'd be somewhere other than where I am) but I've done that one more than few times sitting on the lifeguard chair down at the beach at night.

Stacy,

I really enjoyed your report. Our first cruise was on Majesty in '99 and we were hooked.

I would love to see your pics of your after stay in Ft. Lauderdale. We have an upcoming cruise that ends in Ft. Lauderdale, and we are thinking of staying there a day or two. What is Lauderdale By The Sea?

Thanks,

Steve

Stacy,

I really enjoyed your report. Our first cruise was on Majesty in '99 and we were hooked.

I would love to see your pics of your after stay in Ft. Lauderdale. We have an upcoming cruise that ends in Ft. Lauderdale, and we are thinking of staying there a day or two. What is Lauderdale By The Sea?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve, thanks so much. I will definitely be adding pics of our post-cruise stay at the Bahia Mar, sometime this weekend. Check back tomorrow evening or Sunday, they may be here.

Lauderdale By the Sea is a nice little beachside town just about 10 minutes north of Ft. Lauderdale Beach. It's more quiet and laid-back than Ft. Lauderdale Beach, and we like to go to a little restaurant there called The Village Grille. There is a nice fishing pier called Anglin's Pier that's nice to walk on.They have a few restaurants and shops there as well. The people are very nice and we really enjoy it there.

I've never stayed in LBTS, always just stay in FLL, and we have a car so we drive there each day we're there. I'd definitely recommend for you to check it out sometime when you're in the area. Especially if you like the beach!!

Thanks, I'll check it out. I think I just want to taxi from the ship to a nice place we can "park" for two days and then taxi to the airport.

Understand completely. Ft. Lauderdale Beach is where you want to be then. I have stayed at several places in the area, so I should be able to help, if you want me to. Not sure what kind of price range you're looking at, but the Courtyard Ft. lauderdale Beach is one of my favorites...we go there for a drink when we're walking down near Las Olas. Have stayed there as well. Right on the beach, basically and within walking distance to everything.

I would definitely stay at the Bahiar Mar again, we didn't even need the car (we just wanted it for LBTS), you can easily walk to everything or take a 2-minute taxi.

Stay tuned for pics this weekend...

Edited by LuckiStac13*Majesty*

Thanks for a great review. I love the Majesty. She wasn't my first cruise but my first balcony in 1992. Back then not too many ships had them and we felt very lucky. It created balcony monsters, however. We have been Looking for something to do over the Memorial Day weekend and I would be very interested in seeing your pix of the Bahia Mar. Don't you just love Lauderdale by the Sea? My favorite hotel is unfortunately booked up for next weekend. Keep cruising and giving us such great reviews.

Hi, we went through Customs on the ship in Key West. US Citizens are around 10:30, we went a little early around 10:00 and walked right through. Deck 5, A Chorus Line Lounge, Aft.

You show your Photo ID/passport and SeaPass card and you're on your way, ready to explore KW.

Thanks so when we get off in Miami we just get our luggage and leave, if so perfect! I was thinking of going into office and saving a day of VACATION.

Thank you so very much for your commentary and especially the pics of Majesty of the Seas----she was the first shp we tried with Royal and we are now officially "Royal Rules !" fans. The crew was great and when a number of them transferred over to Monarch, we followed them there with a "surprise, we're here".

Loved the pics of Key West especially since we use to live in Philly and spent every Memorial Week, either on Majesty for a day or the entire week at at guest house on Fleming Street, it was tradition. Heaven forbid they gave our room to someone else or our regular cabin on Majesty :mad:.

Glad to hear you all had a good time.

Thanks for a great review. I love the Majesty. She wasn't my first cruise but my first balcony in 1992. Back then not too many ships had them and we felt very lucky. It created balcony monsters, however. We have been Looking for something to do over the Memorial Day weekend and I would be very interested in seeing your pix of the Bahia Mar. Don't you just love Lauderdale by the Sea? My favorite hotel is unfortunately booked up for next weekend. Keep cruising and giving us such great reviews.

I'll bet you remember MJ since you had your first balcony! I am a balcony monster as well, I can relate.

Bahia Mar pics to come this weekend!