Do you cruise Royal exclusively?

:p Well, I did not even know that. We are Crown and Anchor members (Gold)and when I copied that, I thought it was neat. I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up. :D

As I said it really was just an observation and I figured it was probably something like that. (They do have a Gold banner as well. ;))

Happy cruising!

I had been loyal to RC until they forced me away. I tend to book my cruises far in advance (at least a year). They cancelled a Caribbean cruise I had booked about a year before sail date. I didn't like their replacement offers so switched to a Med cruise instead. When the Caribbean itineraries came out for the following year, I booked one with almost the same itinerary as the one they had cancelled. The day before my Med cruise, RC called to say my cruise had been cancelled. It was really the Caribbean cruise for the following year that was cancelled, but the rep told me it was my Med cruise. She even told me not to get on the plane to Rome the next day because my ship wouldn't be there and RC wasn't offering anything for air cancellations. After much stress and misinformation, I finally figured out that she was incorrect. I decided that was probably the worst thing a customer service rep could do - what if I had believed her and didn't fly to Rome? I would have been out the money for the Med cruise as well as air fare, hotel, etc. I doubt RC would have reimbursed me for the lost money due to their rep's mistake! I booked a cruise on Holland America as a replacement for the cancelled Caribbean cruise because it was almost the same sail date and similar ports. I realized then that despite what some people think, the cruise lines are basically the same. There are a few differences but not enough to make me loyal to any particular line anymore.

Now I decide where I want to travel and look at the various itineraries. I'll pick whichever cruise has the best itinerary.

Although we like RC, Celebrity, and Princess, we like to experience other cruise lines, resorts, and land tours.

Our upcoming July and August cruises are on Regent Seven Seas and A-Rosa in Europe, with a land portion in between. We tried Oceania last November in Europe and loved it so we booked an Oceania Tahiti cruise for Jan. 2014 while on-board.

I like being a newbie on other cruise lines, no status....just having fun.;)

I would if royal's prices were comparable. would much rather sail royal. during the times we can sail the prices of royal is usually too much of difference in price. we are sailing next in July 2012 on the carnival victory a five day with 3 ports(nassau, half moon cay, & grand turks). can get a quad balcony cabin for four for $2800. the vision of the seas runs a 5 day the same extact days but to two ports(cozumel & rotan). for $2800 I would have to downgrade to an oceanview. not to mention the routes are not even comparable. When you get into 7 days cruise I can get a balcony on carnival for close to or less than most interiors on all the royal 7 day cruises.:mad:

Since Royal stopped sailing from the West Coast we started looking at Princess. We just got back this April from 4 weeks on the Star, and it was a great cruise. No show-stopping problems, but we still prefer RCCL.

We look at itineraries and cost between RCCL, Celebrity, and Princess.

Royal is our usual, but not exclusive, line. Being in Florida, it's easy for us to head to PC, Tampa, or PE when we need a cruise fix, and RC's many offerings plus our balcony discount make sailing with them an easy choice, and doing the same ships and/or itineraries over again is no issue for us at all. That said though, when we want to go more upscale, we switch to HAL. We once gave X a try for that, but it'll be a long time before we try them again, if ever, as most of the crew treated us like something slimy they found under a rock, and we were amazed at their "can't do" attitude. HAL has been the opposite, just as friendly and helpful as can be, and we really like their ships, so they'll keep getting our business. We also liked how relaxing we found NCL's Freestyle cruising when we tried them, so we'll be going on a longer cruise with them in the future. We also have tried DCL: the ship, crew, and experience were magnificent, and we were surprised at how we didn't feel overrun by children. The premium price for DCL is something we don't want to regularly pay though, so unless it's a great deal, we won't likely sail them again, but I will say you do seem to get what you pay for with them. Haven't tried any other lines, and don't have any plans to do so. So between RC for most cruises, HAL for upscale ones, and an NCL sprinkled in occasionally, I think we're set.

Our first two cruises were on Royal (Radiance) and now 20 cruises later we have been on all the mass market cruise lines except Carnival. That being said, most of our cruises have been on Royal, and yes, getting those balcony discounts sure does help. BUT....we mainly look at itinerary and pricing these days. Not a big fan of the Caribbean (not a warm weather person), and since Royal left us stranded here on the west coast we have looked to other lines.

To the poster that mentioned sailing on the same ship/same itinerary over and over, we have been on 3 Royal ships 3 times each and all the itineraries were completely different. The only time I repeated an itinerary was when I did a chick cruise with friends on the Monarch and thought DH would like the same cruise so I did it again with him.

Loyal to Royal....if it aint broke - don't fix it !! :D

We didn't start out with any intention of only sailing one cruise line. We actually cruised Carnival and then Royal. We felt at home from the first minute we boarded the Nordic. We booked the next cruise and then the next one on Royal. We've never been disappointed. Over the years, we've briefly contemplated using another line, but we love the ships and the crew and we know what we are getting....and we are about to book our 14th cruise on Royal Caribbean.

We have cruised only with Royal. I have never been disappointed with a cruise, the food, the ship, etc. I do look at other lines, check out their web sites, destinations, ship board venues and activities, but always find my way back to Royal. DH and I are happy with Royal, and don't see any reason to change.

Royal to loyal. I sometimes think about it but, Every Royal cruise ive been on has been great. Cant chance it.

This.

Cruising is not a cheap holiday. I want to spend my money with a brand that I know, that I trust, and that delivers a product that I'm happy with. I'm worried that if I go with another line and they don't give me what Royal do, then I've wasted my money. If money were no object, then I'd have no brand loyalty whatsoever, but if I have to work hard and save my money to afford a cruise, then I want to know exactly what I'm getting.

Not exclusively but primarily. Only by sailing on various lines were we able to determine that RCI was the best fit for us. However, on occasion we have cruised on other lines and have usually enjoyed the experience. Itineraries can sometimes be as an important factor as the line we have chosen and our recent French Riviera cruise on Azamara Quest brought back memories of some of our best and earliest cruises.

Have sailed twice with Princess, 2002 & 2006, Rest have been with RCL, 2004, 2008 & 2011. I do have a Coastal cruise with Princess in Sept but our Australian trip is back with RCL. We have enjoyed both lines, but for overall enjoyment which includes the ships, atmosphere etc, we prefer RCL. Depending on Itinerary & price we will sail either one. We have never sailed on HAL and have no desire to.

We've cruised on many different lines since we started cruising over 25 years ago. RCL, Celebrity, Carnival, Holland America, Princess, NCL and some no longer in business.

We'd be Pinnacle now if we'd just cruised with Royal but experiencing the different cruiselines has been fun. Holland America used to be our favorite until Carnival bought them. Now we pretty much cruise on Royal or Celebrity.

2 Celebrity, 1 Royal Caribbean, 1 Disney.

Disney was so our 6 yr old Grandson could experience cruising. However, I don't think we would do Disney again, the pools were way too small and, oh so crowded!

Also, The MDR's made me too worried for the servers and cruisers sitting at the tables. The kids were running in front of the servers while they were carrying those trays of food! :eek:

I would say RCL is normally our first choice but have not been on a RCL ship in two years we like to to try different cruise lines for the experience and tend to stray but we do come back like we are doing this December on Liberty.

We went on Royal for our honeymoon, and Royal is the only ship leaving Baltimore on days we want.. we didnt want to Fly to Florida, and we wanted to return to Bermuda. I have been on carnival, but thats a party boat, im 40 and not in the mood. I find Royal is for a calmer crowd. Celebrity was FANTASTIC to Alaska, thats all I have cruised on.

last 5 were on rcl but the one to alaska is HAL. We wanted to go on the one that was the best and after much research we concluded that it would be HAL. It will be different since my last 3 rcl cruises were freedom 2x and Oasis.

Going on Allure next year.

We love the rcl product and are somewhat loyal. I have a friend who wants to cruise with us but she wants to do Disney. Sorry, not interested.

Just a quick note..

I enjoy visiting to the 'same ports' several to many times. It is no different than spending a week every year at the family mountain cabin or at the same resort at the beach!

Always something new to discover....even in a port that one has already visited!!!

I'm platinum on Carnival.

Elite on Celebrity.

I've relatively recently started back to cruising on RCI after a 10 year hiatus. (Diamond)

I'm Platinum on Princess.

I've also cruised Premiere (defunct), MSC, NCL.

At this point I have a short list of lines I'll consider and if all things are more or less the same I'll cruise Celebrity first, then Princess and then RCI and be happy to be on any of those. (though someday I'll try HCL I suppose).

Heck if the price were right, I'd cruise on Carnival again. Some of my best cruises and worst cruises have been on CCL.

Archived