Do you cruise Royal exclusively?

My first cruise was on Royal, and every one since. I have never even entertained the thought of another line, nor have I ever compared prices or itineraries. I shop for a cruise as if Royal is the only cruise line, that's a given. Anyone else? Sometimes I wonder if I shopped around I might get better deals, I don't know.

To me that makes no sense. On the few that I have done I looked at several lines and decided what price and itinerary fit what I was looking for at the time. I don't understand brand loyalty with cruises. I see people who have sailed the same ship 3-4 times. I have zero desire to take the same vacation over and over. Norweigan has new ships coming out with one being home ported in my state so that is where I would look for a next cruise as I like the change.

I shop around, but usually end up with RCCL. We've done one Disney cruise (which I loved) and one Celebrity cruise (not so much love here, but it's just not my style of cruising).:D We will be diamond members after our B2B cruise this September on the Oasis!

Tara

One good reason to stick with one cruiseline is to build your position in their loyalty program. Crown and Anchor offers very good perks (such as free alcoholic beverages, free internet minutes, balcony discounts, savings certificates, etc) especially when you reach diamond and diamond plus status.

Because we like to sail out of NY/NJ, our choices are limited, and sticking with one cruiseline means repeating the same ship over and over again or having to fly to other embarkation ports to sail on different ships.

We tried Carnival, and once was enough. We had a sub-par experience on the Miracle and we will not consider cruising with Carnival again.

We've done two cruises with Princess (out of Brooklyn NY), and they were excellent. We felt that Princess offers a similar cruising experience to RCI, yet we still found ourselves missing the WOW factor of RCI ships.

We will probably try Celebrity sometime in the future, perhaps when they put a new ship in NJ.

RCI excels in the things that are most important to us, so for the most part, we will stick with them and continue working towards becoming a diamond/diamond plus cruiser.

While I have truly enjoyed all of my Royal cruises, I do shop around and cruise other cruise lines (1st Holland America coming up in a few days :)).

If I had limited myself to just one cruise line, I would've missed out on many, MANY wonderful experiences. As others have said, I don't understand people who only sail ONE cruise line, or out of ONE port, or to just ONE region of the world, just for the sake of not "fixing what ain't broke".

So far we have only cruised with Royal. I like their customer loyalty program! I have looked into NCL, Celebrity, and Disney. I think I would book one of those 3 if the price was right! I've always wanted to try NCL's freestyle cruising. But hen I think that's one less cruise that will add to my cruise points with Royal! Lol

My first cruise was on Royal, and every one since. I have never even entertained the thought of another line, nor have I ever compared prices or itineraries. I shop for a cruise as if Royal is the only cruise line, that's a given. Anyone else? Sometimes I wonder if I shopped around I might get better deals, I don't know.

we have only been on Royal. So far have been impressed with the service had a few mishaps but have had great customer service from the C&A.

Yes we stay loyal to RCI too.

1 princess and 2 carnival and 40 plus RCI.

Got caught up in the C&A program...very much enjoy D+ and see 350 points very near on the horizon.

We are not unique I have friends who stay loyal to Holland America and Carnival.

As far as taking the same ship again and again, no problem. It's like visiting an old friend

We are 'nearly' loyal to RCI. Now that we're Diamond and like a drink at night it would be throwing money away if we cruised elsewhere due to the Diamond lounge drinks on an evening.

The only other line we'd look at now would be Celebrity due to them matching our status and having evening cocktail events as well.

We have done 2 on Royal...the Oasis and the Allure. True to no line, we have sailed Celebrity, Princess and NCL, and 1 on Carnival. Now looking at Celebrity and a Royal Princess cruise from NY. Agree with Donna. Princess offers a fine product. :) Ships are beautiful.

One good reason to stick with one cruiseline is to build your position in their loyalty program. Crown and Anchor offers very good perks (such as free alcoholic beverages, free internet minutes, balcony discounts, savings certificates, etc) especially when you reach diamond and diamond plus status.

I agree as we didn't really stray far while achieving our D+ status and the perks you mention are not available on other lines.

We started cruising, as many do on inexpensive Carnival. We do like their photo props (we have a gorgeous photo at the piano). But it just felt cheap all around.

Once we started with Royal, we really love it. I've ventured to Celebrity, but they match our status and while they do have some nice perks, there isn't a balcony discount. The new ships have really great entertainment, but its a much quieter sailing.

We were going to book the British Isles on the Vision for August (they have an incredible price coming out tomorrow for the Tues Sale), but after researching we ended up booking Celebrity instead.

so there you have it, I'm not totally loyal to Royal, but in a way yes, since I've really only ventured over to their sister shipline.

We look at price and itinerary when booking a cruise. That means that we have sailed on several different lines. That said, we have ended up on Royal Caribbean often enough to be Diamond. I have also noticed that not all ships are created equal within Royal Caribbean. There have been one or two cruises that weren't "all that." I'll continue to book my cruise based on price and itinerary because the ship is just a way to get to see the world.

Almost loyal to Royal. My first choice because it is just the best fit for me, but sometimes there are reasons that make another line a better choice. I will take any Florida-based two-night cruise because I still work, live in Florida, and enjoy quick weekend getaways. Sometimes the dates just work better on other lines, such as the three-night Sensation that left on Thanksgiving Day, so I didn't have to take extra time off work. I won a free cruise playing bingo on a Carnival cruise, so choosing the next cruise was a no-brainer. I have booked a studio on NCL's Epic for January because of the great setup for singles/solos, but if I have a travel partner by then, it might be cancelled and rebooked on another NCL ship or RCI.

We look at price and itinerary when booking a cruise. That means that we have sailed on several different lines. That said, we have ended up on Royal Caribbean often enough to be Diamond. I have also noticed that not all ships are created equal within Royal Caribbean. There have been one or two cruises that weren't "all that." I'll continue to book my cruise based on price and itinerary because the ship is just a way to get to see the world.

If you really want to "see the world" a cruise ship is not the best way.

If you want see some of the world, while sleeping in a safe clean bed, while eating good meals, seeing shows and having people dedicated to serving you, then cruising is the way to go.

I wonder how many people always prefer the line of their first cruise. Our first cruise was Voyager and as you will see from my profile we have also been with Princess and Celebrity. Both lines are good, but I keep coming back to RCCL. My last cruise on Celebrity was a great itinerary but I did not like the ship (i should have sailed Brillance instead) and so this summer I am "coming home" to RCCL once again.

Archived