Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

I'm wondering if those colors are being projected onto the ship as part of tests for the festival nighttime.

The last shot seems to show snowflakes or something else projected onto the hull.

It also looks like you can see beams of light coming from across the water onto the ship.

Maybe the light tests are for lights being projected, not lights on the ship.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see what you are saying about the light coming from across the other side. or some reason when Celebrity Reflection was in the same stage it looked like most of lighting came from the ship to creat a cool "Reflection". Then again I could be wrong as I never saw any light coming from the other side like now with Quantum.

Edit: Anyone else notice that you really cannot see quite well the word "Seas" in the middle of deck 14. The word Quantum is very clear.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

I cant speak German, but the music sounds great and whole thing is VERY lively with the crowd and would be fun to attend regardless of language barriers. Thanks for sharing the link.

I cant speak German, but the music sounds great and whole thing is VERY lively with the crowd and would be fun to attend regardless of language barriers. Thanks for sharing the link.

The last few band were awesome, I'm enjoying, I'm surprised a majority of the music they sang was in English

NDR has an article up about Quantum that includes 20 photos taken onboard Quantum of the Seas while preparing for the festival today.

http://www.ndr.de/unterhaltung/events/ndr2_papenburg/An-Bord-eines-Fast-schon-Traumschiffes,anbord102.html

One of them appears to be the first actual photo of the Windjammer looking to be in a rather complete state. Very classy compared to previous ones and IMO not even close to the simple photo they used with her announcement.

papenburg680_v-vierspaltig.jpg

The caption translates to:

Despite construction site, it can be guessed already: Here it is going very luxurious. The dining room offers plenty of space and glamor.

But that is certainly more buffet than dinning room. To me it feels like if the Titanic had a buffet, this would be it.

There is also a photo of the theater:

papenburg664_v-vierspaltig.jpg

With the caption:

The stage of the theater is being strengthened. Except for the blue velvet seats 1,300 guests can sit and pursue theater, it still takes a few weeks.

This one obviously didn't translate as well.

It's amazing how much the other spaces that we saw during the press event have already progressed. Many look much closer to finished and are being cleared of the construction stuff. The video on the page is worth a watch to. Lots of great shots including the theater, no video from the Windjammer though. See if you can catch the inappropriate drawing in the elevator though. Clearly the workers get bored some times.

Edited by DEIx15x8

NDR has an article up about Quantum that includes 20 photos taken onboard Quantum of the Seas while preparing for the festival today.

http://www.ndr.de/unterhaltung/events/ndr2_papenburg/An-Bord-eines-Fast-schon-Traumschiffes,anbord102.html

One of them appears to be the first actual photo of the Windjammer looking to be in a rather complete state. Very classy compared to previous ones and IMO not even close to the simple photo they used with her announcement.

But that is certainly more buffet than dinning room. To me it feels like if the Titanic had a buffet, this would be it.

With the caption:

The stage of the theater is being strengthened. Except for the blue velvet seats 1,300 guests can sit and pursue theater, it still takes a few weeks.

It's amazing how much the other spaces that we saw during the press event have already progressed. Many look much closer to finished and are being cleared of the construction stuff.

The Windjammer looks great. Thanks for sharing the link and great find.

With the caption:

It's amazing how much the other spaces that we saw during the press event have already progressed. Many look much closer to finished and are being cleared of the construction stuff.

Great find. That rock climbing wall looks particularly challenging!

I have been questioning the odd two toned pain colors on the hull of the ship. (If your not sure what I'm talking about take a look at this picture: http://www.hd1080i.de/wp-content/uploads/schiffsvideos/live-ausdocken-der-quantum-seas-live-hd/IMG_3086.jpg ) I think it's safe to confirm that it is related to the new Air Lubrication System. Check out this photo of the Celebrity Reflection being floated out (too large to embed).

http://www.cruisecurrents.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Celebrity_Reflection_at_night_-_Sept_2012.jpg

You can clearly see the exact same two colors were used with the same section (around the bow thrusters) being the green color. None of the other Solstice class ships had this characteristic when being floated out (once fully loaded and sailing it's below the water line). Reflection has the Air Lubrication System as well (though not to the same extent, more as a test) so it's logical to assume that this is where it generates those air bubbles and the reason for the different distinction.

Edited by DEIx15x8

I have been questioning the odd two toned pain colors on the hull of the ship. (If your not sure what I'm talking about take a look at this picture: http://www.hd1080i.de/wp-content/uploads/schiffsvideos/live-ausdocken-der-quantum-seas-live-hd/IMG_3086.jpg ) I think it's safe to confirm that it is related to the new Air Lubrication System. Check out this photo of the Celebrity Reflection being floated out (too large to embed).

http://www.cruisecurrents.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Celebrity_Reflection_at_night_-_Sept_2012.jpg

You can clearly see the exact same two colors were used with the same section (around the bow thrusters) being the green color. None of the other Solstice class ships had this characteristic when being floated out (once fully loaded and sailing it's below the water line). Reflection has the Air Lubrication System as well (though not to the same extent, more as a test) so it's logical to assume that this is where it generates those air bubbles and the reason for the different distinction.

The oasis has the same two toned color.

Oasis is a solid dark blue the whole length. It's the area normally under water that I'm talking about, the part below the black stripe.

You won't see the dark blue. It will be underwater once more weight is added on the ship. You have to remember she doesn't have much weight in her yet.

Another great find! Did you see the Dreamworks characters by the H20 pool? Another first for Royal Caribbean although NCL has Nickelodeon characters by the pools on NORWEGIAN GETAWAY and NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY.

Another great find! Did you see the Dreamworks characters by the H20 pool? Another first for Royal Caribbean although NCL has Nickelodeon characters by the pools on NORWEGIAN GETAWAY and NORWEGIAN BREAKAWAY.

Your right, didm't notice that before. Not sure what stage of development the Dreamwork deal was put in place for Allure, but this is the first class that had it from dat 1 of development. If they are investing in art then they must be confident in this deal lasting for a long time.

After watching the video I've noticed some interesting info and bits. Especially at 00:18 you can get away with that drawing up on the wall over there. But you'll be fined up the wazoo here in the us. Then when he was inside the indoor pool at 01:10 he mention "Alaska" does that mean a quantum ship will be going to Alaska?

After watching the video I've noticed some interesting info and bits. Especially at 00:18 you can get away with that drawing up on the wall over there. But you'll be fined up the wazoo here in the us. Then when he was inside the indoor pool at 01:10 he mention "Alaska" does that mean a quantum ship will be going to Alaska?

I noticed that too. I wasn't sure of it, but it definitely is interesting that he said that. I doubt that one will go there anytime soon, but I guess it could be a possibility.

This guy is not a maritime expert. He does all kind of topics, even talk shows, and frequently provides a lot of incorrect details about ships/cruisong that just come to his mind. There are a lot of live reports in Germany from the ports, mainly Hamburg, whenever a new or special ship like Queen Mary 2 is in port or a port festival is happening. Most comments from the reporters and other so called experts you can ignore, sometimes anoying.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

With the caption:

It's amazing how much the other spaces that we saw during the press event have already progressed. Many look much closer to finished and are being cleared of the construction stuff. The video on the page is worth a watch to. Lots of great shots including the theater, no video from the Windjammer though. See if you can catch the inappropriate drawing in the elevator though. Clearly the workers get bored some times.

Thanks for sharing. Nice to see a bit more of the ship.

I noticed in the video that runners are going to have to keep an eye out for the bear's toe. :)

b702baed95e20f733d94d09be8ff706a.jpg