Liberty of the seas....Black sheep?

So I've been trolling the boards for several weeks hoping to run across some reviews or posts about the the subject ship. NO LUCK! I'm starting to feel like its the black sheep of the family or something. Whats up with that? :eek:

So I've been trolling the boards for several weeks hoping to run across some reviews or posts about the the subject ship. NO LUCK! I'm starting to feel like its the black sheep of the family or something. Whats up with that? :eek:

Could be because Liberty spends half the time in the Med and those cruises don't seem to get as much attention here. We sailed on Liberty over last Thanskgiving and thought the ship was beautiful and the crew was outstanding. Even got to watch a Patriots football game on the big screen on the pool deck.

Could be because Liberty spends half the time in the Med and those cruises don't seem to get as much attention here. We sailed on Liberty over last Thanskgiving and thought the ship was beautiful and the crew was outstanding. Even got to watch a Patriots football game on the big screen on the pool deck.

Bob, I have been enjoying your posts and wealth of information for years! Now, I find out you are a Patriots fan? SWOON!!:)

Bob, I have been enjoying your posts and wealth of information for years! Now, I find out you are a Patriots fan? SWOON!!:)

Well, we were not the Patriots fans, we were cruising with a group who were rabid Patriots fans. Not that I dislike the Patriots, but we were just along for the ride and enjoyed the novelty of watching a football game on the pool deck of a cruise ship.

Well, we were not the Patriots fans, we were cruising with a group who were rabid Patriots fans. Not that I dislike the Patriots, but we were just along for the ride and enjoyed the novelty of watching a football game on the pool deck of a cruise ship.

Bob, when is your next cruise? Would love to sail with you someday

We sailed on Liberty this spring and loved it. We had sailed on Freedom several times before, so we felt very at home on Liberty. The crew on Liberty was awesome. The entertainment was great. We went to Cozumel and Belize. I would be happy to answer any questions if you need more specifics.

This was what I posted (and we have booked the Mariner for January 2014!):

We just got off the ship yesterday. Beautiful ship in great condition, and we really enjoyed the food in the MDR. The menu change was for the better and to our mind bridged the gap between Celebrity and RCCL food wise. We saw no need to dine at Chops (which was our original plan) as we were quite happy with the meats on offer at the MDR. We were scheduled for the 2nd seating at the time of booking because first seating and MTD was full but we managed to change to MTD with a 6.15pm reservation every night, which we were VERY grateful for because with a 9-month old infant, there was no way we would have made the 9pm dinner time! Windjammer food was touch and go but nothing to complain about. Had milk shakes twice from Johnny Rockets and ate there once...liked the food very much.

Guest relations weren't exactly the friendliest but they were kept very busy so I guess we should cut them some slack. Our stateroom attendant was ok, but we got the feeling the SAs were overworked and underpaid. My husband walked the aisle quite a few times putting the baby to sleep and heard them arguing behind closed doors fairly regularly.

One thing I didn't like was the cancellation of the shore excursion to Florence without prior notice. The ship had changed port, that I knew, but I thought the same excursion would be ported over and since I received no notification, I assumed we were set to go. Imagine my surprise when one day before I left, I happened to check my credit card statement and saw a refund from RCCL on my account! A couple of frantic calls to RCCL later I was told the excursion had for some reason been mass-cancelled and they couldn't tell me why, just said to check onboard when we embarked. I was able to rebook the excursion at a higher price on board but was really worried for a bit because the excursion I was looking at was the "Exclusive" edition limited to 25 persons. All worked out well in the end so that was good.

As mentioned above, we also travelled with my 9-month old and were very pleased with RCCL's Fisher-Price toy lending program. That kept my infant happy and entertained. We did go to the FP theme playgroup one evening but we were the only ones who showed up that day so it was a little quiet. We didn't go the next few days because LO then fell sick and a lot of our plans re her activities were scuppered.

Really enjoyed the ice show. We felt Saturday Night Fever was so so; it was cancelled halfway due to the rockiness of the ship and we didn't go for the repeat performance.

We also used the spa during one of the port days and there wasn't too much hard sell, so it was quite a comfortable experience.

All in all, we had a good cruise experience and would sail with RCCL again. We had a great experience onboard Radiance for our honeymoon, but a not-so-good experience on Legend in Asia (more to do with the passenger demographics than with the ship itself) so we were glad this cruise turned out so well! We've already booked Celebrity over Radiance for Alaska next year but might do the Mariner in Asia...who knows?

I've been on the Liberty FIVE times; need I say more. And I'll be on her again February 1st (including Superbowl sunday - since there was so much chatter about sports on this thread). She is a wonderful ship with a great crew. I'm a tad sick of Cozumel, but thats my punishment for sailing (and living so close) out of So. Florida. but the ship has so much to keep you busy. Love the shows.

Here's Mine (from last year!):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1612903&highlight=f27tw

(is it tacky to link to my own review?) :p:confused:

OMG-Liberty is one of our favorite ships. As soon as she comes back to

FL we take her all through the fall/winter months-Nov-Mar. Nice break from Majesty and we just love Liberty for all she has to offer. Have 2 cruises booked on her for Jan and may do another one depending on price.

I've been on the Liberty FIVE times; need I say more. And I'll be on her again February 1st (including Superbowl sunday - since there was so much chatter about sports on this thread). She is a wonderful ship with a great crew. I'm a tad sick of Cozumel, but thats my punishment for sailing (and living so close) out of So. Florida. but the ship has so much to keep you busy. Love the shows.

We(my mom, sister and I) will be on this cruise too!:)

We've sailed on Liberty of the Seas multiple times in the last couple of years. These were all Caribbean cruises, but various itineraries.

We really enjoy the "Saturday Night Fever" show, but I had heard the cast changed just before the last TA. I don't know if that is true, but if it is, that may be the reason why the show wasn't so exciting. Also, lots of people leave the performance at what they think is the end, but it isn't. The entire cast comes out and does a fabulous, high energy set of dances to BeeGees' music. It is wonderful and I always feel sorry for the folks who left and missed it.

We also think the ice show is one of the best on Royal Caribbean ships--those that have ice rinks, of course.

I wish Liberty would stay here all year long sailing out of Fort Lauderdale the way Freedom sails out of Port canaveral year around.

This is my recent review on Liberty's transatlantic crossing :-)

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1823446

thank you all for your responses. I was getting quite worried that no one seemed to comment on that beautiful ship. I'm thoroughly excited about my upcoming cruise and you all have added fuel to the fire! I'll take a look at the links and reviews that have been posted now.

Archived