Just off Oasis

What was the best thing and what was the worst?

Good question!!

Other than not being at work, the best thing was the kids club, and comedy show!

And the worse (in our opinion) was the food! It was eat-able but def did not even come close to " WOW"

which port did you do ?

I'm interested in Falmouth, Cozumel, Labadee for beach time (no excursions) and that is free to go.

and

park café and café promenade ...do they have the same food ?

At the ''pier'' area where the caroussel is are those specialty food spots?

Thanks for you help

which port did you do ?

I'm interested in Falmouth, Cozumel, Labadee for beach time (no excursions) and that is free to go.

and

Thanks for you help

We did the Eastern, Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten so I won't be much help there.

Park Cafe is in Central Park and has yummy roast beef sandwiches....we only got our morning coffee in Cafe Promenade but never ate there.

The carousel is on the boardwalk, 6 th deck aft....this is where you will find Johnny Rockets ( free breakfast but charge for lunch and dinner), Seafood Shack ( charge ) and the Donut Shop (free). The rock walls are also here

Hope this helps!

delete

Good question!!

Other than not being at work, the best thing was the kids club, and comedy show!

And the worse (in our opinion) was the food! It was eat-able but def did not even come close to " WOW"

Good question!!

AGREE!

We lasted only 2 nights in the MDR. Our kids went to Windjammer and we went to the specialty restaurants.

which port did you do ?

and

Thanks for you help

Cafe promenade and park cafe do not ave same food. Park cafe has made to order salads, wraps, paninis and roast beef sandwiches. They also have desserts. They also serve breakfast and coffee.

Cafe promenade has ham and cheese croissants and other daily sandwiches, cookies, brownies,cakes. Yum!

How were the lines/crowds? Did you try any specialty restaurants?

I just got off crowds only at certain times, pool areas sometimes, parades and some lines for pictures.

We went to Giovanni's and choppes fantastic !

Cafe promenade and park cafe do not ave same food. Park cafe has made to order salads, wraps, paninis and roast beef sandwiches. They also have desserts. They also serve breakfast and coffee.

Cafe promenade has ham and cheese croissants and other daily sandwiches, cookies, brownies,cakes. Yum!

I agree with this. In addition, there are several drinks available at Park Cafe, such as hot coffee/tea, iced tea, lemondade, and flavored water. The Cafe Promenade usually only has hot coffee/tea and ice water available, however I was pleased to see that the CP on Explorer has iced tea available also.

I agree with you -- we thought the food was pretty bad in the MDR. We loved the Park Cafe, Giovanni's and Chops. We didn't try the other specialty restaurants.

I kind of wished the Park Cafe would have stayed open past 6pm... I could totally have eaten something from there for dinner!

Ann

Any shows/entertainment you were disappointed in ?

Come Fly With Me. My granddaughter whispered to me "what is this all about"? We all loved the Aqua and Ice shows...my DH and I liked Hairspray because it kinda went off the rails and became hilarious!!!

There were 10 of us in our family group--40 and older. We had 2nd seating in the MDR--ate there every night and thought it was quite good but not spectacular.

We liked Come Fly With Me and the ice show. Loved Oasis of Dreams and Comedy Club, didn't like Headliners. Most were crowded but not full. Also loved Hairspray.

We thought the service in the MDR was excellent. A few in our group wanted 2 or 3 entrees and others wanted only appetizers and 2 desserts, etc,--no problem. Many different (and unusual) drink orders also and everything was perfect. Also loved breakfast in the MDR. Liked the entertainment in Dazzles also. We found the piano bar person to take many and very long breaks.

We were midship on deck 9 in 2 junior suites and 3 balcony cabins. They unlatched the dividers between the balconies for us and brought extra lounges. We loved our location. (Ocean view.)

Park Cafe was a favorite--besides the great roast beef and tuna melts, the egg salad sandwiches were also good. good desserts too--especially key lime tarts. Liked the pizza at Sorrento's also--spinach pizza and seafood pizza particularly.

How late does Sorrentos stay open? Can you get a pizza to take back to your room. We thought we might just do pizza and salad one night for dinner.

We did Sorrentos the first formal night. Our group was 7 including our 3 grandchildren..5,8, 10. We had pizza and chocolate chip cookies. The kids were in heaven. You get the cookies at the cafe right across from Sorrentos. You can also get salad and drinks there. I don't know how late it stays open as we left when the prommenade filled up with people in gowns and tuxedos.

I, too, don't know exactly how late Sorrento's is open but it seemed almost always open when we were around. I took 4 pieces of pizza back to the room one day and also took lots of stuff back from the Park Cafe.

What was the best thing and what was the worst?
The D category stateroom are cramped and even smaller than we anticipated. We were jammed into the Main Dining Room so we booked the specialty restaurant pkg. Chops was good ... the others just so-so.

Watch the charges. I specifically said I did not want speciality water and yet we were charged $26 for 4 glasses. Our final bill had a $50 charge for towels that had not been there just hours before when I double checked the final tab. The salads in the Park Cafe are good. I took the roast off of the bun and trimmed it as there is a ton of fat. Elevators are fast. We enjoyed "HairSpray" and the Aqua Show. We were underwhelmed with "Come Fly With Me" and walked out of the Headliner show which was a group of Abba imitators. Yes, definitely make your reservations ahead of time. We booked the shows the first day and still didn't get the Comedy Club as there were 6 in our party. Later I was told that you could only book 2 at a time for that venue. Ports leave much to be desired. We can always find something to do in Cozumel but Labadee and Jamaica are geared toward $$$ for RCI. We won't ever do that itinerary again. We thought photos were more confusing than ever. There were piles on the table that hadn't been sorted by staff with people grabbing and going through them on their own. With this particular group, it was our 3rd cruise together. We all decided that we actually had more fun on the 5 day Jewel out of Tampa two years ago. If you are a young family with children or grandparents will your grandchildren, the Oasis is for you!

Archived