Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

I know that many will disagree with me, but any parent who has a problem here needs to address it with their children first and then the staff. Your children should tour the area with you and you should indicate what areas you see as acceptable and those that are not. Then you should interview the staff head for this area (btw I have not seen any comments from the staff) regarding safety issues in place, ratio of staff to children, etc. Most children will be perfectly safe, will listen to the instructions of the staff and have a great time. If you know that your child is willful, has obedience issues or needs additional supervision, you need to let the head staff member be aware of this. Unfortunately, some parents who have children who may present a challenge are unwilling to acknowledge this for fear their child will not be permitted in the play area and their vacation will be curtailed. Be honest, as in most things honesty will garner you more sympathy than trying to deflect the blame. Again, the majority of children will have a great and safe time, but know your child.

:o

Obedience issues? Know your child? You are talking about 3 and 4 year olds. These are babies, not adolescents.

Hi All

Now the fun part check out any pics you see of the toilet, the loo paper is behind you to the left under the sink, not easy place to reach.bend over to reach it and your butt is out the door,

yours Shogun

I imagine this would come as quite a surprise to fellow cruisers who happened to pass by your cabin at that moment.

Hi All

Shower

Was going to say this is a great improvement on past ones, first its not fixed plus the head has a good range of shower patterns .

Toilet

Now the fun part check out any pics you see of the toilet, the loo paper is behind you to the left under the sink, not easy place to reach.bend over to reach it and your butt is out the door,

yours Shogun

I imagine this would come as quite a surprise to fellow cruisers who happened to pass by your cabin at that moment.

I hollered, "Don't look, Ethel!" But it was too

late. She'd already been mooned. Flashed her right there..."

Lyrics by Ray Stevens :eek:

Obedience issues? Know your child? You are talking about 3 and 4 year olds. These are babies, not adolescents.

Thanks, PIA. I was biting my tongue.:mad: Glad you chimed in before I got a hand slap.:eek:

Nope- after the second night our steward got the message and left it by the sink!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That is good news. Our own version of Quality Control. Or as we used to say in our IT meetings, controlling the quality.:D

Hi all,

Well we made it on board yesterday by about 12:20, Sorry shogun only just seen your message!!

We have a horizontal inside cabin, very nice, a bit smaller than the horizontals on Emerald etc,

We had twin beds instead of a double but the steward had this sorted by early evening, def agree with shogun I was expecting the captain to maybe speak as we departed, not much made of it at all, doesn't even say maiden voyage on the Patter!! Was also hoping for there to maybe be a few bits in the shop with maiden voyage on but only inaugural season!!

Ship is fantastic, very nice, feel like we know it so well (all thanks to Dave :D)

I have a few pics so will upload them too.

eta5ytuh.jpg

anenypan.jpg

vebare5a.jpg

vygury6u.jpg

eremeseg.jpg

Wow, this room looks very utilitarian. No art? and what is up with the funky lights at the desk?

It does have one print (you can see it in one relection), but lacks a second one on the opposite wall. It also lacks the mirrors on the wall behind the beds. It IS very basic. But at least it has drawers in the vanity (which many ships lack in inside cabins). We'll have to see if a non-sideways inside is the same.

i do not want to start a thread about disciplining children, but do you want to suggest that a 4 year old child can not understand the consequences of disobedience, especially when the instruction comes from a parent, not a stranger,with an explanation of why certain behaviors may not be acceptable? And are no Royal Princess employees available for supervision? My children are adults now, but I always found that treating them with intelligence more often than not got the result that I wanted.

As a long time teacher and school administrator I would like to chime in and assure you that 3 and 4 year olds do not have the maturity to make certain decisions. Anyone who has supervised very young children on a playground knows that the adults need, in fact must make the safety decisions. Children at this age climb, run, jump and then climb some more. Their climbing on structures is typical behavior, not a disobediance situation. If structures are available it must be expected that children will explore them. Adults must arrange play structures so that the entire area is safe or no child should be alllowed access. Maybe the photos are deceptive and the area is "child proof" and safe for all youngsters.

Thanks. Those pictures show the walls to be much higher than one could discern from the other shot.

Mike:)

Yes Mike, The pictures at that link did show that the glass walls were higher than they appeared in the first picture. That being said, as a parent and grandparent, I would feel better if the play area was away from the glass walls. Children climb, and accidents happen, I would hate to see them trying to climb on the wooden railing part way up the glass wall.:confused:

Surely you not implying that laundry is women's work?? ;) And great spelling on that Iron sign..Oye!

I loved the "Maximus 30 minutes" -- just a little reminder that the ship was built in the land of Caesar and Augustus.

Hi Iamcruzin,

I don't believe that the intent of the Concierge Lounge is to be a separate suite guest 'lounge' in the true sense of the word, but a space where a Concierge is stationed to assist suite guests, and where those suite guests are offered an added service that offers the ability to have certain arrangements taken care in a more exclusive environment other than the main Guest Relations or Shore Excursions Desk on Plaza Deck. The Concierge Lounge also isn't meant to replace the International Cafe or Room Service menu, the Internet Cafe, the living room area of your suite, or any one of the dozen lounges and bars on the ship. For those suite guests using the services offered by the Concierge, if there is someone ahead of them, then the other amenities in the Concierge Lounge are there to add a little more comfort and refreshment while waiting.

Thanks for clarifying it makes sense now.

As a long time teacher and school administrator I would like to chime in and assure you that 3 and 4 year olds do not have the maturity to make certain decisions. Anyone who has supervised very young children on a playground knows that the adults need, in fact must make the safety decisions. Children at this age climb, run, jump and then climb some more. Their climbing on structures is typical behavior, not a disobediance situation. If structures are available it must be expected that children will explore them. Adults must arrange play structures so that the entire area is safe or no child should be alllowed access. Maybe the photos are deceptive and the area is "child proof" and safe for all youngsters.

Thank you. I'm not a teacher but a parent. From the time they start walking until they are elementary school age is the worst. You get a break until they are teens then it's a whole new type of safety issues. Some of these people who don't see a problem with this play area either forgot what it was like to have children that age or had a full time nanny and didn't have to deal with it or maybe they had Stepford children.

Your pictures definitely have that "wow" element. Thank you for posting!:)

I would love to see the angled balcony from the inside of its cabin. I am trying to follow all Royal threads but not sure a pic like this was ever posted. I will be in D420 and just curious what they look like.

I posted this question on a different thread and got no response. :( I too, would love to see the configuration of the angled balcony as I have A428.

Judy from SW Florida

Good luck. I posted a question on the balconies for E109/E110 a couple of days ago on this thread and got no response at all. I keep hoping that someone reading the thread will have information about these particular cabins or if not these two, any of the forward obstructed balcony cabins on Emerald.

Hi All

The TV in cabin movie on demand service is good those movies on muts are all there wide range of movies also those that you would not see on muts yes naked people on film on Princess ship wide range of TV shows but did not see the love boat

Yours shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Thanks Shogun! Great news :D

I posted this question on a different thread and got no response. :( I too, would love to see the configuration of the angled balcony as I have A428.

Judy from SW Florida

Good luck. I posted a question on the balconies for E109/E110 a couple of days ago on this thread and got no response at all. I keep hoping that someone reading the thread will have information about these particular cabins or if not these two, any of the forward obstructed balcony cabins on Emerald.

You may not have received a response because maybe no one has actually seen or stayed in those exact cabins yet? But while you are both waiting here are some pictures to give you a general idea:

A428

If you look at the Emerald Deck equivalent it will give you some idea of the size of the balcony...

9164514785_60251285ec_b.jpg

9166805186_4100a1caf0_b.jpg

E110

You can see it does have a metal bulkhead instead of glass and the balcony itself is of a good size...

9164514723_07cdb6897b_b.jpg

These pictures from earlier this year...

8585155682_f79b96221f_b.jpg

9166845034_6d7b180bfa_b.jpg

to dmwnc1959 -

Thank you. I'd seen another picture of the starboard side but it was only showing the outside of the bulkhead surrounding the balconies. The pictures you posted really helped. I know it is a bigger balcony but suspect it is really about the size of a Caribe balcony on the grand-class ships but what I was trying to figure out was how high the metal wall is.

to dmwnc1959 -

Thank you. I'd seen another picture of the starboard side but it was only showing the outside of the bulkhead surrounding the balconies. The pictures you posted really helped. I know it is a bigger balcony but suspect it is really about the size of a Caribe balcony on the grand-class ships but what I was trying to figure out was how high the metal wall is.

I suspect that it is the same height as a standard balcony cabin...

9167647950_990d0cd508_b.jpg

Looks like a storage area. They must move partitions and move play stuff out. No room to use these items. I hope.

I thought it looked like a storage area, too!!! It isn't some place I would feel comfortable leaving my grandchildren. Time will tell and all our questions will be revealed :eek: :D

Cheers, Denise

Archived