Any fav's with new food menu this year?

I thought the food in Giovanni's Table was excellent. I had the chicken wrapped in ham and it was amazing. The tiramisu was heavenly. I also had lunch there and had the lasagna and would walk back to the ship to have that again!

In the MDR I don't think I had a bad meal so difficult to choose a favourite, all the food was well presented, extremely tasty and for me the vegetables were cooked perfectly :)

I had a look at the menus and they look amazing. We've only cruised P&O before and there's been the odd night where I've struggled to find something I fancy, but there's something every night that I like the sound of, so I'm a happy bunny.:)

DH and I both really liked the new menus. There wasn't anything we had that we really didn't like, except for the dessert sampler they offered one night.

The garlic soup was to die for. I would have ordered two had I known. DH ordered the Strip steak which is a classic entree that they offer every night and he said it was very good. I tasted it both times he ordered it and it had good flavor and not dried out at all. The chicken breast from the classic daily menu is very good as well...moist and very flavorful. Their mashed potatoes are better than they use to be (coming from my DH who had the old ones on prior cruises). The best dessert in our opinion was the Blueberry Peach Crumble (offered on the first night).

I really enjoyed a few items. I really like seafood:D

Starters: Seafood Ceviche, crabcake

Mains: Garllic tiger shrimp, snow crab salad, seas scallops

Desserts: Carrot cake, lemon meringue pie, warm chocolate cake, sticky bread & butter pudding

Mojo Pork Chop.

That was my first thought! I'm not even a pork chop fan and this was one of the best entrees I've ever had! Many of the new soups also were very very good. The Asian Coconut seafood soup was very memorable. Also the chilled Banana and Rum soup was GREAT!

Our whole group (6) thought that many of the new main dining room dishes were a great improvement.

Desserts: Carrot cake, lemon meringue pie, warm chocolate cake, sticky bread & butter pudding

Yes, the bread pudding! If you've had the bread pudding at Ohana in Disney World, it's very similar. No weird dried fruit in it. Just plain soft bread, sugar, butter, and cream. Delish!!

I enjoy the Beef Sliders w/Steak Fries. They're on the menu every night. You can even order them as an appetizer.

We did that too one night, as a shared extra entree, just to try them. Not bad at all.

Seafood Pasta, the lamb and tiger shrimp are the main courses we loved the most.

Favorite appetizer was a Creamy mushroom with a flaky croissant like bread on top....crave this still!!! The mushroom soup the next night was wonderful as well.

By far the best dessert is the sticky bread pudding.

Looking at the menus of RC Website, i don't see the Indian menu options in the MDR. Have they removed them from the menu?

Yes, I can't remember any Indian entrees on the new MDR menus.

Yes, I can't remember any Indian entrees on the new MDR menus.

Any reason for the removal? Was their not much demand for them? It was a nice differentiator from some of the other lines.

That's too bad. My mom especially is a very picky eater and she almost exclusively ate the Indian options.

Edited by vpat48

You can still order Indian food -- ask your waiter -- they will bring you a list from which you can pre-select for the following evening -- basically, made-to-order. My friend, who's vegetarian really liked this option......but you have to ask -- it's not advertised.

I am a very picky eater, but even I enjoyed the food greatly every evening.

For me the best starter was the Double-boiled chicken consommé, followed by the Cesar Salad (available every day).

For the main courses, the ones I really loved were:

- Linguini Pomodoro (available every day)

- Premium Angus Beef Sliders (available every day)

- Three-Cheese Tortelloni (but without the mushrooms)

The dessert I still crave for was the Baked Alaska. Extremely sugary and so heavy. But the taste was absolutely fantastic.

Vpat48... I wondered the same thing. We enjoyed the Indian options. We often ordered a main each, plus the Indian option each night to share (yes, we are gluttons when we cruise)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I only found one sugar free dessert on the menu. I hope they still have at least one to choose from.

I am also happy to say the have improved the desserts as well. I always found it ironic that with all the food you eat on a cruise, the majority of the desserts were sugar-free. That has changed. They had a very nice variety to choose from.

DW said the pork chop was fantastic. Well, she also said she liked the prime rib, beef tenderloin and the sea food. Me I loved the chilled soups, chicken marsala and the sticky bread and butter pudding

So, basically, she liked the food;)