Azamazing Evening April 15th 2014 cruise

Glenndale

I rechecked the excursions brochure today for details of the Azamazing evening and cannot see anything listed.

Has any decision been made on this yet?[/QUOT

Likewise, no mention yet of the "evening" on the 17 night, 17th march 2014 asia explorer cruise. We guess its either manilla or bali, but confirmation would be good as we have lots of alternate plans for both ports.

Also, bill if you are lookng in, can you get UK reservations to confirm our hotel pre cruise? Currently our booking says conrad hilton singapore, but we embark from hong kong. Trivial i know, but we are hooking up with friends from the US on this cruise, and we would like to be able to make plans around location and arrival times into HK. Many thanks. David

Likewise, no mention yet of the "evening" on the 17 night, 17th march 2014 asia explorer cruise. We guess its either manilla or bali, but confirmation would be good as we have lots of alternate plans for both ports.

David, if you download the brochure for our cruise, the AzAmazing evening is listed as Village Festival at Fort Santiago, Manila 19 March at 7.15 pm - 3 hours.

No Azamazing evenings listed yet for Journey's February 17 and March 3 cruises from Hong Kong to Shanghai and back. The good news, I suppose, is that Azamara can't call these trans-Atlantics and renege on their "every cruise" promise.;)

The good news, I suppose, is that Azamara can't call these trans-Atlantics and renege on their "every cruise" promise.;)

Dear fellow Cornellian (as I assume from your CC name); hope someday you can move on from this disappointment.;) You have provided me with a lot of insights about Azamara over the past year, and I always enjoy seeing the name marinaro and the number 44 together once more.

Edited by CintiPam

No Azamazing evenings listed yet for Journey's February 17 and March 3 cruises from Hong Kong to Shanghai and back. The good news, I suppose, is that Azamara can't call these trans-Atlantics and renege on their "every cruise" promise.;)

I'm on the same sailings and, if it helps in your planning, Bill posted here several weeks ago that the AzAmazing Evening for the 17 February cruise is expected to occur, with no hint of content, on 22 February during our long port call in Okinawa...

I'm on the same sailings and, if it helps in your planning, Bill posted here several weeks ago that the AzAmazing Evening for the 17 February cruise is expected to occur, with no hint of content, on 22 February during our long port call in Okinawa...

Thanks for the helpful posting.

My fellow Cornellian apparently does not understand what winkies are for.

Bill clearly said on Thursday of last week it would be during this week the early 2014 info would be posted for Journey, not sure why everyone is now posting 48 hours later saying where is the detail.

Edited by uktog

Given escalating shore tour costs I would like to know where our "evening event" will be way before next year...don't need absolute details just the port will do...that cannot be too difficult please.:confused:

Also I understand Azamara is wanting non US citizens to only book in their own country..Bill given that the internet is a world wide market these days why is that?:mad:

Sue

Bill clearly said on Thursday of last week it would be during this week the early 2014 info would be posted for Journey, not sure why everyone is now posting 48 hours later saying where is the detail.

I don't understand why everyone is so fired up about April 2014 in the first place. It's 11 months away :confused: I'm just now starting to think about shore excursions for my Norway cruise late July.

Floris

I don't understand why everyone is so fired up about April 2014 in the first place. It's 11 months away :confused: I'm just now starting to think about shore excursions for my Norway cruise late July.

Floris

Because there is significant activity on the roll calls arranging private tours for our April cruises and it would be prudent not to schedule something that conflicts with the Azamazing evenings. Some people actually plan ahead, Floris, even though you may not.

Hello 2014 AzAmazing Evening Followers -

Last week I informed you that we expected to have a portion of our 2014 Azamara Events input into our US website sometime during this week and thanked you for your patience. As I prepare this message it's almost 7 PM in Miami and after checking with the tour operations department, I must ask for your continued patience.

In an effort to help you understand why it is taking more time that was originally estimated, there are two issues that require more work. First, finalizing the ideal type and size of venue with our tour operators. Second, considering certain timing changes on a few itineraries' ports of call to accommodate the event and the scheduled Land Discovery shore excursions that will be offered on that day. These issues are primarily in the first-quarter of next year and in certain regions, especially in Mexico, Taiwan and Japan.

Following our hasty publication of our 2013 AzAmazing Evening events in 2012, we learned from your feedback that it's best to do the right things right the first-time. Hence, the need for more time.

I understand your anticipation level is high and that planning your destination experience is part of your enjoyment. With that in mind, I've been told that we will have the completed and approved AzAmazing Evenings posted on our website, which I'm hopeful will occur sometime next week, based on feedback from today.

To answer your questions about specific voyages, I can share with you preliminary information about the targeted port planned for the AzAmazing Evening (AZE) event. Remember this caveat: this information is subject to change and is NOT final.

Azamara Journey: 2014 Departure Date and AZE Date

Jan 6 - AZE / set Jan 13 - Ho Chi Minh City

Jan 21 - AZE / set Jan 30 - Bangkok

Feb 3 - AZE / set Feb 10 - Ho Chi Minh City

Feb 17 - AZE / TBD - Okinawa on Feb 22

Mar 03 - AZE / TBD - Hiroshima on Mar 7

Mar 17 - AZE / set Mar 19 - Manila

Apr 3 - AZE / TBD - Phuket on Apr 6

Apr 15 - AZE / set Apr 25 - Aqaba

I hope this information helps with your planning and alleviates some of your frustration with the speed of our planning process.

Please enjoy your weekend ahead.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Given escalating shore tour costs I would like to know where our "evening event" will be way before next year...don't need absolute details just the port will do...that cannot be too difficult please.:confused:

Also I understand Azamara is wanting non US citizens to only book in their own country..Bill given that the internet is a world wide market these days why is that?:mad:

Sue

Hello Sue -

Please let me know on what voyage you are sailing and I'll check to find the targeted port planned for the AzAmazing Evening event.

Your point is well taken about the impact of the internet providing transparency about its global marketing programs. We would like nothing more than to communicate the same everywhere, but based on local laws, regulations and business practices, this is not always possible. In fact, the US/Canada, UK and Australia each have their separate marketing programs and call centers.

Once you're onboard, the remarkable Azamara experience transcends the global borders!

I'll be waiting for your voyage information.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Your point is well taken about the impact of the internet providing transparency about its global marketing programs. We would like nothing more than to communicate the same everywhere, but based on local laws, regulations and business practices, this is not always possible. In fact, the US/Canada, UK and Australia each have their separate marketing programs and call centres.

thanks Bill for the proposed dates for the AZ evenings...in my case on the April 15 cruise, 25th April co-incides with the strenuous and lengthy Wadi Rum tour...I might end up snoozing in the corner.

Re world wide marketing...we are severely disadvantaged in Australia...we travel further and generally are charged more than other nationalities. I want to be able to book where I want to book...and with the agent of my choice...I can do this with any other kind of travel without penalty. Booking a canal boat in UK or a train in Timbuktu it is ONLY the cruise industry that imposes these restrictions...nothing to do with local laws and nothing to do with currency..you quote in USD we pay in USD. We don't get the air discounts etc. Australians are enthusiastic travelers and cruising is now very popular even if we have to put up with long long plane rides..but these restrictions give us the irrits!

Still looking forward to my first Azamara cruise...and thank you Azamara for providing such a good service through you Bill to get answers to our questions...local agents often don't have this kind of information.

Regards

Sue

Hello 2014 AzAmazing Evening Followers -

Last week I informed you that we expected to have a portion of our 2014 Azamara Events input into our US website sometime during this week and thanked you for your patience. As I prepare this message it's almost 7 PM in Miami and after checking with the tour operations department, I must ask for your continued patience.

In an effort to help you understand why it is taking more time that was originally estimated, there are two issues that require more work. First, finalizing the ideal type and size of venue with our tour operators. Second, considering certain timing changes on a few itineraries' ports of call to accommodate the event and the scheduled Land Discovery shore excursions that will be offered on that day. These issues are primarily in the first-quarter of next year and in certain regions, especially in Mexico, Taiwan and Japan.

Following our hasty publication of our 2013 AzAmazing Evening events in 2012, we learned from your feedback that it's best to do the right things right the first-time. Hence, the need for more time.

I understand your anticipation level is high and that planning your destination experience is part of your enjoyment. With that in mind, I've been told that we will have the completed and approved AzAmazing Evenings posted on our website, which I'm hopeful will occur sometime next week, based on feedback from today.

To answer your questions about specific voyages, I can share with you preliminary information about the targeted port planned for the AzAmazing Evening (AZE) event. Remember this caveat: this information is subject to change and is NOT final.

Jan 6 - AZE / set Jan 13 - Ho Chi Minh City

Jan 21 - AZE / set Jan 30 - Bangkok

Feb 3 - AZE / set Feb 10 - Ho Chi Minh City

Feb 17 - AZE / TBD - Okinawa on Feb 22

Mar 03 - AZE / TBD - Hiroshima on Mar 7

Mar 17 - AZE / set Mar 19 - Manila

Apr 3 - AZE / TBD - Phuket on Apr 6

Apr 15 - AZE / set Apr 25 - Aqaba

I hope this information helps with your planning and alleviates some of your frustration with the speed of our planning process.

Please enjoy your weekend ahead.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks so much for posting the tentative listing. It definitely helps with tour planning. Can't wait to find out what is planned, though.:D

Thanks for your continued efforts Bill. We appreciate that the Azamazing Evenings are not finalised yet and look forward to confirmation (or otherwise) of the Azamazing Evening on 6th April in Phuket - the ship does not arrive there until 1pm and all ship's excursions get back after 5.30 when the Azamazing Evening starts, according to the Shore Excursion brochure. We don't want to miss the evening at the Blue Elephant or the ship's tour we planned to do there which is eight and a half hours long! This in itself is odd as it will be dark for part of it :confused:.

Thanks for the information Bill, much appreciated.

Like rugbypopsie, we might find ourselves drifting off after a tiring excursion to Wadi Rum :)

On a positive note, at least its not the following evening after a 12hr tour.

IMPORTANT CORRECTIONS ABOUT AZAMAZING EVENINGS

Hello 2014 AzAmazing Evening Followers:

On June 28, when I posted the AzAmazing Evenings from the preliminary information that I had at the time, I warned you that "this information is subject to change and is NOT final."

I need to advise you of some corrections. Yesterday, I received updated information about AzAmazing Evenings and found three voyages had changed. Below are the same voyages with the most up to date scheduled plans:

Jan 6 - AZE / set Jan 13 - Ho Chi Minh City = No Change

Jan 21 - AZE / set Jan 30 - Bangkok = No Change

Feb 3 - AZE / set Feb 10 - Ho Chi Minh City = No Change

Feb 17 - AZE / TBD - Okinawa on Feb 22 = CHANGE - Feb 25 - Tokyo

Mar 03 - AZE / TBD - Hiroshima on Mar 7 = CHANGE - Mar 14 - Taipei, Taiwan

Mar 17 - AZE / set Mar 19 - Manila = No Change

Apr 3 - AZE / TBD - Phuket on Apr 6 = No Change

Apr 15 - AZE / set Apr 25 - Aqaba = DATE & PLACE CHANGE - Apr 27 - Safaga

According to our tour operations team, the week of July 29, 2013 is the target date for having the completed 2014 line-up on our website.

I go back to my comment, that it's best to do the right things right the first-time. You can see what happens when I "jump the gun."

Lesson learned - it's better to disappoint with no information rather than the wrong information.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Does the Azamara Quest cruise Jan. 15, 2014 out of Caldera, Costa Rica have or going to have any AzAmazing Evening?

Hello Scapel -

Yes, there will be an AzAmazing Evening event conducted on the 14-night Azamara Quest's January 15, 2014 voyage from Caldera, Costa Rica.

Based on updated information that I received yesterday, it will take place on January 24, 2014 in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I'm confident that this information is correct, otherwise I would not have shared it with you.

Enjoy planning for your forthcoming Azamara vacation!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Scapel -

Yes, there will be an AzAmazing Evening event conducted on the 14-night Azamara Quest's January 15, 2014 voyage from Caldera, Costa Rica.

Based on updated information that I received yesterday, it will take place on January 24, 2014 in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I'm confident that this information is correct, otherwise I would not have shared it with you.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

i am waiting for winter 2014 from Jan 5h thru march 16th.

even if you got the dates wrong it is still a jumping off point to book private tours.. so thanks:D

IMPORTANT CORRECTIONS ABOUT AZAMAZING EVENINGS

Hello 2014 AzAmazing Evening Followers:

I need to advise you of some corrections. Yesterday, I received updated information about AzAmazing Evenings and found three voyages had changed. Below are the same voyages with the most up to date scheduled plans:

Mar 03 - AZE / TBD - Hiroshima on Mar 7 = CHANGE - Mar 14 - Taipei, Taiwan

According to our tour operations team, the week of July 29, 2013 is the target date for having the completed 2014 line-up on our website.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks for the update Bill.

Can you tell us around what time the AzAmazing evenings usually start - specifically for the March 3 departure of the Journey. In Taipei there are some Azamara shore excursions that are either full-day or afternoon, and also some private excursions that people are planning.

Thanks again for your help.

Hello Scapel -

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks for the information.

Now what is the procedure to book this event and when can it be done?

Joe