WOW ! Up To 400 People Remove Gratuities

I want late - both both were full. However, it has been ages since I had dinner in the Windjammer (I had a buffet dinner once in February 2008 and I cannot remember the last time I had dinner in the buffer prior to that - so this will be something different for me).

You just may like!! :D

Perfect!

What happens is new people have to pick something and late dining is usually available. Not knowing what MTD really is.

The dining system reservation procedure seems to be total chaos. When you make any reservation now traditional dining is locked out and they force you to MTD. There is a seat in the MDR for everyone, they just haven't figured out the mix yet. I've seen posts where people have picked traditional dining fully expecting to change to MTD on board. Now I'm stuck at a table where no one shows up?

They have a computer to figure it out. When they did not have computers traditional seating made sense to the cruise lines. Computer software changes everything. I think Royal would prefer if everyone did MTD. They can turn the tables more and get more productivity out of their dining staff. If they don't eliminate Traditional entirely expect them to make more tables MDR and force a higher percent to MTD. As far as a table with no shows that happens all the time. When they have four or five specialty restaurants they are selling and hyping it happens a lot.

You just never know!! Give it a whirl with a smile!!:D

I've done it 28 nights - 21 on NCL and 7 on Princess. This will NOT be my first time. I've done flexible dining plenty and I prefer having a set dining time.

I've done it 28 nights - 21 on NCL and 7 on Princess. This will NOT be my first time. I've done flexible dining plenty and I prefer having a set dining time.

Got it. You'll probably be miserable in the jammer so let's hope something opens up for you. If not, try to grin and bear it with a smile!! Happy happy happy as Mr. duck dynasty says.!!:D

awhcruiser-I dislike the MDR because it is slow, loud, times are awful. It feels like I'm being hauled in and out like cattle. Early is too early and late is too late. Food is OK. Hate formal nights. Forget breakfast and lunch-ugh never. Did both once and NEVER again. If I'm going to eat the MDR food-I'll use room service, at my own time in peace and quiet with the family-in room dining.

Got it. You'll probably be miserable in the jammer so let's hope something opens up for you. If not, try to grin and bear it with a smile!! Happy happy happy as Mr. duck dynasty says.!!:D

awhcruiser-I dislike the MDR because it is slow, loud, times are awful. It feels like I'm being hauled in and out like cattle. Early is too early and late is too late. Food is OK. Hate formal nights. Forget breakfast and lunch-ugh never. Did both once and NEVER again. If I'm going to eat the MDR food-I'll use room service, at my own time in peace and quiet with the family-in room dining.

I'm with ya. Back in the day, used to get all dressed up for the 2+ hour dinners. My family is over it, we do other options now as well.

You obviously don't know me very well. One of my two favorite cruises was on NCL. Further, I said I was not a fan of flexible dining. I never said I wouldn't eat in the MDR or did I say I had anything against the buffet.

Nor have I tried sticking any words in your mouth that you never said.

I'm with ya. Back in the day, used to get all dressed up for the 2+ hour dinners. My family is over it, we do other options now as well.

Good point. I'll be able to skip all the formal nights. Well that is a plus worth keeping in mind.

You obviously don't know me very well. One of my two favorite cruises was on NCL. Further, I said I was not a fan of flexible dining. I never said I wouldn't eat in the MDR or did I say I had anything against the buffet.

Nor have I tried sticking any words in your mouth that you never said.

No, I don't know you that well. You just sounded like you don't like buffet-that's all. No harm no foul-right!!:)

Stacy and Debde, If you don't mind I would love to sit at your table ......WHEREVER !!!!!

I am right along with you.

Formal nights are been there,done that, for us. Every night does not have to be a gourmet event. We don't eat 2 hour multi course dinners at home every night , so its no big deal to us.

Some nights just grabbing something from the buffet, or a sandwich and a bowl of soup or a nice salad is just the ticket.

We all work crazy hours at my house , some nights dinner is something you have to remember to eat rather than plan. :) And we do go out quite a lot to all kinds of restaurants with family , friends and just ourselves, so dressing up and going to dinner is not the highlight of our trip.

Actually sitting out on deck with a plate from the buffet watching the world go by is more of a thrill for us. That is definatley something we don't get to do at home

What time are we meeting up in the Windjammer?

I always do the prepaid gratuities and tip extra to the excellent people who serve me. Personally, I'm appalled that people do that, remove the tips before they leave, but it doesn't surprise me at all. This is the human race, after all... :/

I always do the prepaid gratuities and tip extra to the excellent people who serve me. Personally, I'm appalled that people do that, remove the tips before they leave, but it doesn't surprise me at all. This is the human race, after all... :/

What are you appalled about? How do you feel about people who assume those that remove gratuities from their seapass accounts have not tipped at all?

Stacy and Debde, If you don't mind I would love to sit at your table ......WHEREVER !!!!!

I am right along with you.

Formal nights are been there,done that, for us. Every night does not have to be a gourmet event. We don't eat 2 hour multi course dinners at home every night , so its no big deal to us.

Some nights just grabbing something from the buffet, or a sandwich and a bowl of soup or a nice salad is just the ticket.

We all work crazy hours at my house , some nights dinner is something you have to remember to eat rather than plan. :) And we do go out quite a lot to all kinds of restaurants with family , friends and just ourselves, so dressing up and going to dinner is not the highlight of our trip.

Actually sitting out on deck with a plate from the buffet watching the world go by is more of a thrill for us. That is definatley something we don't get to do at home

What time are we meeting up in the Windjammer?

How about we all meet at 7:30? I'm flexible, I don't really care, as long as I'm in the Windjammer and there's a bar within reach. I bet we'd have a ball, and the best table around. Afterwards we can head out by the pool and have a few cocktails :)

You too Deb!

Edited by LuckiStac13*Majesty*

When it comes to the issue of tipping, responses on CC make it clear that there is no "One size fits all" or one answer that satisfies all. Basically that's because non mandatory tipping is a very voluntary personal matter. It is often interesting to read the various debates on the issue, excluding the inane remarks of some, they do offer an explanation of the various views.

When it comes to the issue of tipping, responses on CC make it clear that there is no "One size fits all" or one answer that satisfies all. Basically that's because non mandatory tipping is a very voluntary personal matter. It is often interesting to read the various debates on the issue, excluding the inane remarks of some, they do offer an explanation of the various views.

RCI offers options. The problem is some people think that their choice of options is the only correct one.

How about we all meet at 7:30? I'm flexible, I don't really care, as long as I'm in the Windjammer and there's a bar within reach. I bet we'd have a ball, and the best table around. Afterwards we can head out by the pool and have a few cocktails :)

You too Deb!

And anyone that shows up at the table in formal wear immediately gets thrown in the pool........and has to buy the first round *LOL* :)

Edited by babyher

And anyone that shows up at the table in formal wear immediately gets thrown in the pool........and has to buy the first round *LOL* :)

Sounds good to me. It takes me so long to get ready for MDR dinners that I am exhausted by the time I'm finished, haha! Just takes too much time away from relaxing and enjoying other things, IMO.

Sounds good to me. It takes me so long to get ready for MDR dinners that I am exhausted by the time I'm finished, haha! Just takes too much time away from relaxing and enjoying other things, IMO.

I don't get a lot of opportunities to wear my formal shorts. You guys leave me alone. I'm not getting them wet!:mad: