WOW ! Up To 400 People Remove Gratuities

I always tip extra because the suggested gratuities are less than I gave before they changed. Also a thing called inflation. Several waiters have told us how people would not eat in dining room on last night. Just a certain amount of lowlifes everywhere you go. I see people put $1 in the collection at church. My father used to put $1 in collection......in 1950.

I always tip extra because the suggested gratuities are less than I gave before they changed. Also a thing called inflation. Several waiters have told us how people would not eat in dining room on last night. Just a certain amount of lowlifes everywhere you go. I see people put $1 in the collection at church. My father used to put $1 in collection......in 1950.

So now we are judging someone at church? Maybe that dollar was all they could afford? So judgmental of people when you don't know their situation. Not tipping on a cruise is no where near the same as not giving at church.

To be honest, after traveling with royal after year I received the best service onboard the adventure. I didn't remove the tips but I was happy not to give nothing extra

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

typical, watching others business and judging them at church. CRACKS ME UP!! But you're there to pray, correct?!

Edited by LuckiStac13*Majesty*

I want late - both both were full. However, it has been ages since I had dinner in the Windjammer (I had a buffet dinner once in February 2008 and I cannot remember the last time I had dinner in the buffer prior to that - so this will be something different for me).

So go see the maitre'd as soon as you get on board and ask to be moved to a seating. Hopefully they will have space available and can move you. Worst case, use MTD. There's no reason for eating at WJ if you'd prefer to be in the MDR.

We love MTD and would never pick traditional. love being waited on. We love formal nights because we don't eat out much other than when we are on cruises. But we rarely go to the MDR for breakfast or lunch. We prefer to be outdoors for those meals. Hope something opens up for you!

awhcruiser-I dislike the MDR because it is slow, loud, times are awful. It feels like I'm being hauled in and out like cattle. Early is too early and late is too late. Food is OK. Hate formal nights. Forget breakfast and lunch-ugh never. Did both once and NEVER again. If I'm going to eat the MDR food-I'll use room service, at my own time in peace and quiet with the family-in room dining.

Edited by awhcruiser

Seriously? You are watching what people give in church? I hope you find enough time to get a few prayers in too.

We love MTD and would never pick traditional. love being waited on. We love formal nights because we don't eat out much other than when we are on cruises. But we rarely go to the MDR for breakfast or lunch. We prefer to be outdoors for those meals. Hope something opens up for you!

Well, one of our differences is I hate being waited on. I'd much rather get up and get my own food than have someone bring it to me. Even when the waiters in the Windjammer offer to get us drinks I decline and go get them myself.

Wow....

So, without knowing any of the people, let alone their personal circumstances, whether it be on a cruise or in a church- you feel comfortable in judging and labeling them??

Yes, there are a certain amount of lowlifes...... as you say...:rolleyes:

Edited by KevinKruzer

Wow....

So, without knowing any of the people, let alone their personal circumstances, whether it be on a cruise or in a church- you feel comfortable in judging and labeling them??

Yes, there are a certain amount of lowlifes...... as you say...:rolleyes:

Let some people type long enough-you can really get a feel of true character around here!! :eek:

I understand the point you are trying to make, but I think you have a pretty odd way of making it. It doesn't read very well.

As long as she keeps booking cruises I'd say she is still playing.;) Why should she have to jump though hoops to opt out of something that she has no intention of using while at the same time making that space available to someone else. It sounds pretty unselfish to me.

my time dining, in a sense, is an opt out. why? because if you do not eat any dinners in the mdr (not even one) the dining portion of your gratuities gets allocated to the wj and specialty servers. also with mtd you are not assigned a specific waitstaff.

my time dining, in a sense, is an opt out. why? because if you do not eat any dinners in the mdr (not even one) the dining portion of your gratuities gets allocated to the wj and specialty servers. also with mtd you are not assigned a specific waitstaff.

MTD is in no way shape or form opting out of eating ANY meals in the MDR. There are a growing amount of passengers that never want to eat in there-ever!!

For the record, I'm now on a different ship. Asked around AGAIN. They all seem happy with the new gratuity policy and their separate wage increase. This applies to regular crew only - the ones covered by tips being discussed.

Also the only show last night was at 8:30 - right during late dinner - also our MTD regular time. We opted for the WJ early so we could go to the fabulous Ballroom Fever production show and were grossly reminded of why we don't eat in the WJ - for multiple reasons. :(

No that is not the case as. Why? Because then MTD becomes full and people are forced into traditional dining.

WOW

You would get along great with a woman I used to work with. She would screw you over ten different ways Monday through Saturday . But she was a "good person" because she went to church every Sunday, and her husband is an usher , and they belong to the parents guild, and they always make a big donation to the Bishop's Appeal......blah blah blah .

That person putting the dollar in the plate might not have much in their pocket , but they can buy and sell the ones that have to judge everyone and everything they see.

Let some people type long enough-you can really get a feel of true character around here!! :eek:

Oh Boy have you said a mouthful .

There are some people (not just here, but on all the boards ) where I think "Hell I can just click ignore on this fool, but some poor SOB has to live next door to them , work in the cubicle next to them, are related to them and has to deal with them on a daily basis" YIKES!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Think some people need to mind their own business...whats it got to do with anyone else how each person decides to tip ..or not...some people struggle to afford the cost of a holiday ..if you want them on your bill then ok if not still ok.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

I believe the crew gets a list if you are a returning guest. If you removed your tips from a previous cruise they know it. So they know u stiff. So you may want to think twice about removing tips.

A list of returning guests yes, lists about the current sailing for sure, a list of people who removed tips on a previous cruise......I doubt it.

I believe the crew gets a list if you are a returning guest. If you removed your tips from a previous cruise they know it. So they know u stiff. So you may want to think twice about removing tips.

Removing tips from your seapass account equates to stiffing the staff how?

They just don't get. Just like if you don't show up the last night-you stiffed.:rolleyes:

What I don't get is do they even read the threads or just post the same archaic thoughts that we have read over and over and....?