Royal Caribbean Shareholder Benefit Info.

Stock for OBC:rolleyes:

For the same amount of money to buy 100 shares, around 3500 with fee you could buy RCI's corporate debt paying 7% a year. That's around 210.00$ in interest you can use or combine any way you want any time you want. no paper work and nothing to submit. Buy enough, it can pay for a cruise every year, no brainer:D

It is trading at 70.87 a share, that would be 7087 for 100 shares...

:confused:

jc

• 11 months later...

I just received an email from Celebrity stating that my shareholder credit has been DENIED! According to them you can not combine credits ie ultimate drink package!!

I have combined before so this must be brand new!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just received an email from Celebrity stating that my shareholder credit has been DENIED! According to them you can not combine credits ie ultimate drink package!!

It's about three years old. (just my deteriorated memory guess)

Very few situations allow the shareholder benefit OBC anymore.

• 2 months later...

I can tell you from experience it is not easy to receive an onboard credit from Royal . I have sent copies of my stock statement for 3 recent cruises. They do not inform you if that credits applied. I call them for a verification each cruise. If you receive a obc from Royal for $100.00 you will not receive another from your stock purchase. There must be a better way since I have to fax a copy of my statement before each cruise, they do not keep their formation. If anyone knows an easier way. Help us.

I can tell you from experience it is not easy to receive an onboard credit from Royal . I have sent copies of my stock statement for 3 recent cruises. They do not inform you if that credits applied. I call them for a verification each cruise. If you receive a obc from Royal for $100.00 you will not receive another from your stock purchase. There must be a better way since I have to fax a copy of my statement before each cruise, they do not keep their formation. If anyone knows an easier way. Help us.

I scan the proxy statement to a PDF file and attach it to an email requesting the credit to shareholderbenefit@rccl.com. The scanned proxy stateroom works for a year, until you get the next proxy statement.

Edited by clarea

I can tell you from experience it is not easy to receive an onboard credit from Royal . I have sent copies of my stock statement for 3 recent cruises. They do not inform you if that credits applied... If anyone knows an easier way. Help us.
Like Bob, I email my request with required attachments. I request confirmation, and I have always received an email confirmation - once in less than an hour. They seem pretty good about confirming email requests, much less so if submitted by fax or mail. Admittedly I am not doing this very often in recent years, as usually other offers are better.

Thom

• 1 month later...
Is RCCL still granting OBC on discounted cruises?

Thanks

HK

People have reported getting the shareholder OBC on current cruises, which are all "discounted", at least in the US/Canadian market.

I have been able to get the shareholder OBC on cruises with "discounted" special rates ie: military rates. The conflict seems to arise when there are also C&A benefits associated with the reservation, even with that they seem to allow the greater benefit to be applied , at least in my experience.

I have been able to get the shareholder OBC on cruises with "discounted" special rates ie: military rates. The conflict seems to arise when there are also C&A benefits associated with the reservation, even with that they seem to allow the greater benefit to be applied , at least in my experience.

In addition to not combining with C&A benefits WOW sales and any promotion that provides some OBC also seem to be an issue.

I just received an email from RCCL. As my cruise had a $25 OBC incl. I don't get the Shareholder $ 250 OBC.

RCCL QUOTE "The shareholder benefit cannot be used in conjunction with reservations that already

include onboard credits, "dollars off/wave" promotions, loyalty offers,

upgrade offers. The option to choose between the shareholder credit and the other offer is available to you."

So watch, out don't take the $25 OBC option when going on a 14day plus cruise, as you are missing out on $250 shareholder credit!!! Always read the fine print....:confused:

I just received an email from RCCL. As my cruise had a $25 OBC incl. I don't get the Shareholder $ 250 OBC.

RCCL QUOTE "The shareholder benefit cannot be used in conjunction with reservations that already

upgrade offers. The option to choose between the shareholder credit and the other offer is available to you."

So watch, out don't take the $25 OBC option when going on a 14day plus cruise, as you are missing out on $250 shareholder credit!!! Always read the fine print....:confused:

Interesting! I wondered why they would give you the option of obc

and also wondered why someone would opt out of it...now I know.

So watch, out don't take the $25 OBC option when going on a 14day plus cruise, as you are missing out on $250 shareholder credit!!! Always read the fine print....

Are you, by any chance, getting any other C&A benefit with your booking like a balcony discount? If you do not have any other C&A benefit and are only getting the $25 OBC, you can ask C&A to remove the $25 OBC and then re-apply for your Shareholder Benefit.

Interesting! I wondered why they would give you the option of obc

and also wondered why someone would opt out of it...now I know.

When combining Shareholder Benefits was eliminated back in December 2009, the option to take the higher OBC was introduced.

Edited by cruisenfever

Are you, by any chance, getting any other C&A benefit with your booking like a balcony discount? If you do not have any other C&A benefit and are only getting the $25 OBC, you can ask C&A to remove the $25 OBC and then re-apply for your Shareholder Benefit.

When combining Shareholder Benefits was eliminated back in December 2009, the option to take the higher OBC was introduced.

This is what thy have done for me and not sure of the circumstances, other C&A benefits that may have been involved for lets_go.

Edited by zebra36

• 1 year later...

I have considerable trouble with the way that RCL interprets their own stockholder benefit. I'm booked on the Celebrity Eclipse Transatlantic 15 night cruise sailing on April 15. My Cruise Agent gave me a $100 OBC for booking with him. When I applied for the OBC described in the RCL stockholder credit document which states that we can collect a $250 OBC for the cruise, the RCL people told me that since I received an OBC from my Cruise Agent, they subtracted that amount from the $250 credit and gave me an an additional $150. While this is better than nothing, I have to wonder how they can rationalize this action. Anyone who isn't familiar with their policy would have to look for a Crise Agent who has an acceptable quote and in addition, has the LOWEST OBC, which is absurd. While RCL stock is still good stock to own, buying it to obtain a stockholder benefit is no longer a smart decision.

I have considerable trouble with the way that RCL interprets their own stockholder benefit. I'm booked on the Celebrity Eclipse Transatlantic 15 night cruise sailing on April 15. My Cruise Agent gave me a $100 OBC for booking with him. When I applied for the OBC described in the RCL stockholder credit document which states that we can collect a $250...
My educated GUESS is that your Agent’s OBC was in fact underwritten by RCCL, and was not out of his pocket. This gets very confusing as to which benefits come from where, and unless you know the PRECISE question to ask is perhaps intentionally obscure.

I have attempted to use RCI stockholder benefits often. Many times without hitch (more so in the past), many times with less than I expected but I eventually understood the rationale, and times where I never understood why that happened.

The stockholder benefit folks have actually been doing a bit better recently. It used to be if you had any "gratuitous" OBC attached to your account that originated from Royal (whether directly or through your TA), your request would be automatically denied even if the stockholder benefit was more. I had to ask them to remove the lower "gratuitous" amount and apply the bigger stockholder benefit. Now they automatically give you the difference, which, as someone pointed out, is better than nothing.

I have considerable trouble with the way that RCL interprets their own stockholder benefit. I'm booked on the Celebrity Eclipse Transatlantic 15 night cruise sailing on April 15. My Cruise Agent gave me a $100 OBC for booking with him. When I applied for the OBC described in the RCL stockholder credit document which states that we can collect a $250 OBC for the cruise, the RCL people told me that since I received an OBC from my Cruise Agent, they subtracted that amount from the $250 credit and gave me an an additional $150. While this is better than nothing, I have to wonder how they can rationalize this action. Anyone who isn't familiar with their policy would have to look for a Crise Agent who has an acceptable quote and in addition, has the LOWEST OBC, which is absurd. While RCL stock is still good stock to own, buying it to obtain a stockholder benefit is no longer a smart decision.

I'm with you...if RCL perceives that you got a good rate (lower than theirs) or OBC, you can forget any shareholder benefit. Very frustrating. We have Carnival Cruiseline Stock and get OBC for every cruise we have taken with Cunard, Princess and Carnival.