R ships Owners Suites

Caroldoll

Does anyone know if there is a separate shower? I know some of these ships were going to be refurbished. It looks like there is a tub only?

Also it looks like the Owners Suites only have one bathroom? Is this the case?

As of our last time in one (11/08): two bathrooms. One, a powder room right at the entry door. The other, a full bath at the other end of the suite. Small Jacuzzi tub, definitely with the shower in the bathtub.

I heard that they were refurbishing them, but it probably has not gotten done. Those tubs were high. Although, I was only in a Vista Suite. I was so hoping for a separate shower. Gettin' old is tough! LOL

I heard that they were refurbishing them, but it probably has not gotten done. Those tubs were high. Although, I was only in a Vista Suite. I was so hoping for a separate shower. Gettin' old is tough! LOL
.....I think you will find that service, food and overall ambience will exceed your expectations...We prefer Regent but about once a year go on Oceania due to itinerary. The R ships are nice experience...Rob

and I could stay there forever. We are thinking of an R ship, and I only ever was in a Vista Suite. I heard they were refurbishing them and I wondered if they took that dangerous tub out and made it a shower. I think from at least one post that maybe that has been done, but possibly not to all of them.

I agree on the Marina and Riviera!

There is a lovely deck outside the Terrace Cafe on the R ships.

There is a lovely deck outside the Terrace Cafe on all of the ships.

173127.jpg173609.jpg but the larger ships certainly have more space and therefore more stations at their Buffets.

Restaurant-7-Overview-1.jpg175550.jpg

Well, let me differ.

The first time we were in an OS (on Regatta in Nov '05) I had just blown out my knee (torn meniscus) and really NEEDED that jacuzzi. If they remove that lovely tub and put in a shower (no matter how fancy), I will have no need to spend the extra money.

Now on the "O" ships they have room in the top suites for both a shower and the jacuzzi, but the "R" ships are enough smaller that such is not the case.

And in defense of the "safety" issue (or perhaps I should say in opposition to the safety issue), on that first time in an OS I was using crutches on shore and a wheelchair to get to the dining rooms so clearly I was handicapped in movement.

Next June we were on Insignia in a VS after my knee surgery and I still needed the Jacuzzi (with my epsom salts) but I was also able to manage just taking a shower when I wanted. I was careful but didn't feel in danger. Obviously, I didn't try a shower in rough seas ...

To each his own!

As an aside, many Americans (don't know about Canadians, just the U.S. variety) prefer showers. But Brits (and others) seem to prefer tubs. (I say that because the English couple in our building clearly do.)

Given that O is marketing more to Europeans as well as those from Down Under, maybe it's not such a great idea to eliminate tubs for all of you who prefer showers.

Just a thought ...

Mura

and I understand where you are coming from. I just can't handle it. I guess I will have to stick with the Marina or Riviera as I just can't get in and out of those tubs. I wish you the best, and I do hope you can feel lots better.

Oh, I'm fine now! The problem was fixed a long time ago and while I have some arthritis in my knees, it isn't a real problem.

I understand YOUR position as well!

Mura

Sorry, I wanted to say the owners suite deck on the R ship is much better than on the O ships. And eating outside on your "Suite Deck" is just much better on the R ships.

Rick

How can you possibly say that? The Owners Suites, and their corresponding verandas, are twice as large on the O ships.

o-staterooms-3d-os.jpg

staterooms-3d-os.jpg-and all of the Owners Suites (R AND O Class) have that stunning back of the ship location

002114.jpg090331.jpg

Yes they are bigger, but they don't fit a dinner table very good. On the R ship you have a round table that can seat 6, on the O ship the table is very small and that seats 4 at best. In fact the table is pushed against the wall and is very narrow. Sure the deck goes all around the cabin, with the center glass wall coming down making the deck really two decks, a left side and a right side. For me I just think the deck is better on the R ship for dining outside. Now would I change the size of the Owner Suite on the O ship, no-but I would like a wider deck in the back.

Rick

Archived