Which way does Summit dock in Bermuda?

RosiePosie1013

Technically both sides give a view of the island. One side is a view of the pier and the other side has the view looking towards Hamilton.

The ship tends to alternate to perform maintenance and exercise the life boats. There is a site that gives the view of the ships in the port and if you look at that you may be able to figure out which side it will but you really won't know until it docks.

We were in Stateroom 8146 on the June 16th voyage, and we had a marvelous view of Hamilton (which I preferred over looking at the dockyard). You will have a nice view regardless of which side of the ship you are on. Bermuda is a beautiful place to visit.

Hi Tom, thanks for the link:D I will be there next month:D

Yippppeeeee!!!!!!!:D:D:D

You should have an amazing time!! The staff, especially the officers, are some of the nicest, most welcoming, and sincere I have ever met. Captain Leonardoss is always wandering around and actively meeting people throughout the ship. Ti-Ann, the Captain's Club Hostess, is an absolute sweetheart! Truthfully, there were so many people that made this cruise so special that I ran out of room when writing about all of them on the comment card! Have lots of fun :)

You should have an amazing time!! The staff, especially the officers, are some of the nicest, most welcoming, and sincere I have ever met. Captain Leonardoss is always wandering around and actively meeting people throughout the ship. Ti-Ann, the Captain's Club Hostess, is an absolute sweetheart! Truthfully, there were so many people that made this cruise so special that I ran out of room when writing about all of them on the comment card! Have lots of fun :)

Hi,:) I met Ti-Anne a long time ago and think I saw her one other time.

(Can't for the life of me remember when:eek:) but I do remember her being

very nice.:)

I was on Summit back in November and it will defintiely be fun to sail

her again.....this will be my 6th time:D.

Glad you had such a great cruise.......and you know you may ask for

additional stationary if you have more to write;)

It could go either way. Last year when we docked in Bermuda, the starboard side faced the Dockyard. On our cruise this year the portside faced the Dockyard, so there is no sure fire way to know how the ship will be positioned.

You've got a 50/50 chance of getting what you want. To be honest I chose this year's stateroom assuming that we'd have a lovely water view facing Hamilton, and we ended up watching all the action in the Dockyard. DH thought it was great and confessed that he actually preferred it to the water view!

I will be on Summit on Aug 25 and have a port side balcony so hoping for a port side to the dockyard.:)

I checked the portfever.com archives and the last time she docked starboard to the pier was May 15. Every sailing since then she has been starboard side to the dockyard. Not to say tomorrow when she arrives she will be the opposite.:)

She should arrive about 7am eastern time tomorrow and can be seen on the webcam as noted above http://www.portbermudawebcam.com

Archived