So excited...I have an aft wraparound suite!!!!!

cruz chic

Pack light? That was last cruise.

All kidding aside, congratulations and may your luggage arrive when you do in your fabulous cabin. :)

Oh let's hope so. Since my luggage was lost in February I take a bigger carry on and less checked.

We have just booked Oceania Marina cruise departing Barcelona Oct 9. Anybody have any tips on what to see and do in ports that are interesting and fun. We are spending 4 days on Barcelona before the cruise any suggestions of what to see and do.

We have just booked Oceania Marina cruise departing Barcelona Oct 9. Anybody have any tips on what to see and do in ports that are interesting and fun. We are spending 4 days on Barcelona before the cruise any suggestions of what to see and do.

Go over to the ports of call boards and then hit Europe. Then hit Spain. Carol (English in Spain) has tons of information there. ALso, why not go to Oceania and check out your roll call.

Definitely check out the ports boards as recommended but if you list your ports we might be able to help.

Good for you going to Barcelona early - one of my favourite cities:D

If you get a centrally located hotel and like walking you can walk to many of the sites:D

Do a walk down las Ramblas in the evening and enjoy people and muse watching.

Hit the boqueria (the farmers market) for breakfast or lunch. Little restaurant in the back - fresh food, delicious and watching how they manoeuver in their small space is amazing.

Definitely got to La Sagrada Familia (cab/metro for this) ( or ho ho bus, but the waits and lineups can be long depending upon when you are going). and see the church that Gaudi inspired. It's amazing. Buy your tickets on line and skip the lineups.

Do the Gothic area, the Cathedral and explore Gaudi's amazing buildings. They are incredible inside and out.

Barcelona is an amazing city - tons of outside cafes (extra but I don't care) and wonderful restaurant.

Eat tapas and enjoy Spain:D

That airfare sounds pretty reasonable.

I think you should join me on my cruise. I'd be happy to have you hang out in my suite. Leave hubby at home if he doesn't have the holiday time:D.

I was pretty happy with it. At least it is booked and I can't believe it will go down a lot more, even in late September.

Don't tempt me. His continuing to work has already cost me a trip to the Virgin Islands, Hawaii, and use of a timeshare in San Francisco. Grrrr...

ML

I was pretty happy with it. At least it is booked and I can't believe it will go down a lot more, even in late September.

Don't tempt me. His continuing to work has already cost me a trip to the Virgin Islands, Hawaii, and use of a timeshare in San Francisco. Grrrr...

ML

That's it. He must be punished by having a week to think over what he has done wrong:D;).

Last night I received an upsell for my August 18th cruise. I usually book thru a ta so I've only received one before. I was super surprised to get it this early and the price was pretty reasonable. Ever since I've seen one of these wrap around suites I've wished for one but I just couldn't justify the price. It's been a pretty sucky couple of weeks for me so I'm really pumped about having my first Neptune suite:D. Thank you Hal. Ya done good.

Congratulation!!!!

You will have an amazing trip. Since your upswell was so early. Now you get more than a month to dream about what a wonderful time you will have to!! So fun!!!!

Congratulation!!!!

You will have an amazing trip. Since your upswell was so early. Now you get more than a month to dream about what a wonderful time you will have to!! So fun!!!!

Thank you. I'm afraid of the koolaid factor;).

Ugh!! I know but it is oh so fun while drinking the kool aid.

I didn't see your post about what the Sitka question was.

We booked a boat and went whale watching, fishing, otter watching, puffin watching, etc tons of fun. Then went to fortress of the bears which I would highly recommend NEVER go to. They didn't offer shuttle then. It was not what I expected. We live by the San Diego zoo, I don't really know what I was expecting, but felt like the charge to get in was crazy, it was muddy and smelly,but it's a non profit and hopefully the bears are getting something out of it but it didn't appear very nice from me the ignorant visitor .

Next off to the raptor center which was great and then we walked back thru the national park. It was a beautiful walk and at the bridge was fun to see all the fish. Brief walk in town and then back to the ship

Ugh!! I know but it is oh so fun while drinking the kool aid.

I didn't see your post about what the Sitka question was.

We booked a boat and went whale watching, fishing, otter watching, puffin watching, etc tons of fun. Then went to fortress of the bears which I would highly recommend NEVER go to. They didn't offer shuttle then. It was not what I expected. We live by the San Diego zoo, I don't really know what I was expecting, but felt like the charge to get in was crazy, it was muddy and smelly,but it's a non profit and hopefully the bears are getting something out of it but it didn't appear very nice from me the ignorant visitor .

Next off to the raptor center which was great and then we walked back thru the national park. It was a beautiful walk and at the bridge was fun to see all the fish. Brief walk in town and then back to the ship

I didn't really have a question. Cow princess was just giving me some great ideas about what I can do. I had knee surgery 11 days ago and it's been a lot worse than I imagined so I need to pick things that might be easier. I'm generally fairly active so this is new to me. That said, when things were normal I would never get in a canoe. I'm afraid of getting stuck in it or it tipping over.

I didn't really have a question. Cow princess was just giving me some great ideas about what I can do. I had knee surgery 11 days ago and it's been a lot worse than I imagined so I need to pick things that might be easier. I'm generally fairly active so this is new to me. That said, when things were normal I would never get in a canoe. I'm afraid of getting stuck in it or it tipping over.

Sorry about recovery not going as you anticipated :(

We have went on Alaska cruise and have been quite adventurous and we have also not done much on a cruise. All times have been great. From your post I gather that you will make the most of whatever circumstances in mid August and still have a fabulous cruise.

Take it easy and pick the excursions that won't impact the healing that you will have had over the next month and you will still have a blast.

Heck you can just stay aboard and sit and enjoy the beautiful harbor from your aft suite balcony while sipping coffee or drinking mimosas :)

Think of this as perfect time to enjoy the ship a little more and your lovely suite.

We did the same when we were in the penthouse..... Knew that wasn't going to be likely again anytime soon. We still went on shore excursions but they weren't long ones and ended up spending a lot more time in cabin.... Kids loved the jacuzzi on the balcony and have sort cute pics of them in it sailing away from San Diego harbor.

Sit back in your lounge chair, rest your knee and enjoy!!!:D

We had a great time in Sitka but a lot of our enjoyment as well was cruising in on ship. Beautiful scenery

That's it. He must be punished by having a week to think over what he has done wrong:D;).

I think he might see a week alone as a good thing!!;)When i worked, I traveled a lot and he had to take care of the house, dogs, etc all alone. He started to get a little annoyed that I was gone so much, and that was before our dog developed diabetes and went blind. It would be harder now, but since I am retired, I am home thinking of things for him to do. So, if I left, even though he would have to come home earlier than usual to give Kasey her insulin, he would probably be OK with my being gone!

Much better for me to stay home and remind him how we could be on another Alaska cruise, if only he wasn't still working :D

It is getting hot here again and I would love to go to a glacier and lay on it!!

ML

I think he might see a week alone as a good thing!!;)When i worked, I traveled a lot and he had to take care of the house, dogs, etc all alone. He started to get a little annoyed that I was gone so much, and that was before our dog developed diabetes and went blind. It would be harder now, but since I am retired, I am home thinking of things for him to do. So, if I left, even though he would have to come home earlier than usual to give Kasey her insulin, he would probably be OK with my being gone!

Much better for me to stay home and remind him how we could be on another Alaska cruise, if only he wasn't still working :D

It is getting hot here again and I would love to go to a glacier and lay on it!!

ML

We had some really hot weather earlier this week. Thankfully it's cooled down because I can't stand it when it's too hot. It hate it when it's too cold or hot. I'm never happy:D;).

Lorene

I am so sorry that you knee isn't progressing with the healing process as quickly as you had hoped.

I think I'm likely just being impatient. I went to a dr in my neighbourhood this morning to check my incision. Other then some of the dissolving stitches not dissolving he said that I'm doing fine since it hasn't been long. I just expected I'd be back to my exercise regime quickly after. The physiotherapist said its going to take 2 to 4months to recover. I just wish I would have known this going in instead of hearing everyone is different.

I'm going to go back to work on Monday and my employer has provided me with a parking pass and I'm very grateful for that. Parking in downtown calgary is $30 a day.

Thx KK, I appreciate your concern.

I just expected I'd be back to my exercise regime quickly after. The physiotherapist said its going to take 2 to 4months to recover. I just wish I would have known this going in instead of hearing everyone is different.

If we knew what recovery was going to be like before we went into these types of things, we never would go into these types of things. ;)

Archived