A picture of you please...

Well, I got it to post a a thumbnail... It's not a formal photo, but it's definitely one that matches my personality and style...

The backstory on it: day 4 of my 12 day safari through Kenya. Day 1 found that my MoroccanOil was absorbed into my GoToob, so all I had for my trip was my shampoo and conditioner. No hairdryers in safari camps. I just went with the flow... Zippable cargo pants (one of two pair I had with me), white ExOfficio Airstrip Lite shirt (one of 4 I had with me (different neutral colors to not scare the wildlife), I believe), my Keen Voyager trail shoes. It was HOT out there, but the long sleeves and long pants actually kept me cool. The bracelet is one I bought from a Samburu woman at the village I visited. I think I was rockin' my Marc Jacobs sunglasses, though :-)

The shirt is in my regular summer rotation at home and when I travel. The sleeves roll up if I want. The pants I absolutely use at home and I take if I'm going outside cities when I travel.

There you have it. I wander, I go with the flow, I love the adventure. I'm sure someone will think this is sloppy, but that's OK. It's me.

Hi Slidergirl,

Thank you for posting the picture. It does not matter formal or not; I just want a face to go with the post. You look lovely with your Marc Jacobs sunglasses.

M

Wow, beautiful pictures of everyone! I really enjoyed seeing them - thanks Marie for making the request.

I am totally camera shy since my weight gain. I need to get over it, so hopefully on my New England/Canada cruise coming up in a few months I will get some pics taken.

I haven't been in a full length gown since I was in my thirties and we are just starting the "cruise phase" of our lives, so maybe that will change. For now, it is lovely beaded tops and chiffon palazzo pants and other dressier pants outfits.

Thanks, everyone and keep them coming!

Debbie

Edited by Debinnova

Marie, I've always loved looking at your pictures. Here are a few pics of me, both formal and no so formal. I think they are representative of my personality:

RFR-130215-BowF2-1049249_zpse066e27c.jpg

IMG_1620_zps03ff6ad9.jpg

Laurie,

You and your husband are very attractive couple. I always love how your accessories accentuate your outfit. Please keep posting :).

Marie

Here I am on my last cruise, in a "recycled" dress from Marie. I lost a bit more weight before the cruise, so it was a little big on me. But I loved it! And when I got back, I recycled it again to another CC member.

ry%3D400

I'm not wild about this pose, but I got a "star" on the back of it, which meant it was free.

ry%3D480

You all are gorgeous. I am one of those people who hate pictures especially for the past year as I chopped my hair because I had no choice as it was breaking from medications I was on. I then decided to go really blonde - platinum and now I like it.

lawblond, I like your hair blonde. I've also been dealing with hair (and nail) side effects. Biotin helps.

Royalcruz, you do look beautiful in your one shoulder dresses. I am trying to remember the name of the actress who looks just like you. Darn it! I cannot remember. I will get back to you later...old age you know :D.

Thank you Porthopper. People tell me I remind them of the actress Jennifer Westfeldt. The problem is, I'm aging and she isn't...you know Hollywood, LOL!:)

I am totally camera shy since my weight gain. I need to get over it, so hopefully on my New England/Canada cruise coming up in a few months I will get some pics taken.

Debbie

Well, I'm a "big" girl and I look at it like this. Everyone who sees me knows I'm big. The only one who doesn't see me all the time is me. I got the photo package for this cruise and decided to just have fun with it. We took some funny pictures , my only regret is not taking more. These are the only professional pictures I have of me alone, I like them! One of the pics when I showed it to my co-workers, we all agreed it was "The Baby Jesus" pose - not sure why.....:confused::)

Well, I'm a "big" girl and I look at it like this. Everyone who sees me knows I'm big. The only one who doesn't see me all the time is me. I got the photo package for this cruise and decided to just have fun with it. We took some funny pictures , my only regret is not taking more. These are the only professional pictures I have of me alone, I like them! One of the pics when I showed it to my co-workers, we all agreed it was "The Baby Jesus" pose - not sure why.....:confused::)

Maureen, that is the right attitude for sure! I plan on getting some pics on our cruise coming up. We never take pics when we are going out or dressed up for some reason.... we always say afterwards "oh, we should have taken some pics".

I tried to load a few pics just now of me and DH (some professional business shots that I found on this computer as we are out of town at our weekend/vacation home so not really any pics on this computer) and they failed to load - so I'm assuming size was too big? or wrong format.

I do have a pic of me from 10 years ago on this computer, so I'm attempting to upload that one....I'll see if it works. This is a "before" pic! :D

Debbie

mepic.jpg.a2c4bc12173186ae15a7e18fc69b2b3c.jpg

Edited by Debinnova

Maureen, that is the right attitude for sure! I plan on getting some pics on our cruise coming up. We never take pics when we are going out or dressed up for some reason.... we always say afterwards "oh, we should have taken some pics".

I tried to load a few pics just now of me and DH (some professional business shots that I found on this computer as we are out of town at our weekend/vacation home so not really any pics on this computer) and they failed to load - so I'm assuming size was too big? or wrong format.

I do have a pic of me from 10 years ago on this computer, so I'm attempting to upload that one....I'll see if it works. This is a "before" pic! :D

Debbie

What a lovely picture!

Debbie

Beautiful - you remind me of Stockard Channing! I just copy and paste my pics onto this board, I don't do anything fancy with them...

Not sloppy - perfectly appropriate attire for an African safari. :) With your Marc Jacobs sunglasses, you were probably the best dressed person in camp. :D

Thanks. I wasn't the best dressed person in our group. One woman (had never been camping or out in the woods - she was big city), had capris and a pair of GOLD Jambu peep-toe wedges!!!!!! I think her assistant (yes, she brought her assistant!!!) forgot to read the "what to bring to wear for 10 days in safari camps" letter. At least she kept the colors a little muted. She would have fit right in with the "ladies who cruise" ;)

Thanks. I wasn't the best dressed person in our group. One woman (had never been camping or out in the woods - she was big city), had capris and a pair of GOLD Jambu peep-toe wedges!!!!!! I think her assistant (yes, she brought her assistant!!!) forgot to read the "what to bring to wear for 10 days in safari camps" letter. At least she kept the colors a little muted. She would have fit right in with the "ladies who cruise" ;)

After finding a 4 foot poisonous snake curled up along the crack of my bedroom door, I would definitely not traipse through the bush wearing open toed sandals. :D

Hi,:) I am guessing it is a digital? If so, If I can do it, anyone can;)

You should have a port on the side of your computer and a wire that

would attach your camera to the computer.....one end of the wire

goes into the camera...the other end into computer and those photos

should transfer right over. That is the first part.....if you want more

help, let us know:)

Thank you so much for helping me.

I Promise one of these days I will make up my mind to learn how to post photos. Today just is not that day. :)

It's really hot here today and though I'm in a/c right now, the heat is getting to me.

Thank you, really........ :)

I Promise one of these days I will make up my mind to learn how to post photos. Today just is not that day. :)

It's really hot here today and though I'm in a/c right now, the heat is getting to me.

No problem:)...but one question, what does the heat have to do with it?;)

I live in Florida and my a/c runs for 9 months out of 12:).

No problem:)...but one question, what does the heat have to do with it?;)

I live in Florida and my a/c runs for 9 months out of 12:).

The heat makes me slug-like and my brain slows down. Simple tasks like how to find which USB to whatever cord fits my camera, plug it in, figure out my photo program on my computer, which if my laptop, is emitting heat on my lap as I'm using it, download my photos, figure out how to upload one or two to CC with it's strange rules as to where it will accept photos from....

Hey, I'm with you, sail7seas!!! We're having a heat wave here and 90% of homes here do NOT have a/c because it's usually only this hot here for a week in August... I've already warned my co-workers that I could act stupid here once in awhile now until it cools down;)

Ladies, thank you for posting pictures of you; you are all beautiful. From now on when I see your posts I know who you are. I am no longer having to wondering about the posters. A picture is worth a thousand worlds; please keep posting.

Have a fantastic day.

M

The heat makes me slug-like and my brain slows down. Simple tasks like how to find which USB to whatever cord fits my camera, plug it in, figure out my photo program on my computer, which if my laptop, is emitting heat on my lap as I'm using it, download my photos, figure out how to upload one or two to CC with it's strange rules as to where it will accept photos from....

Hey, I'm with you, sail7seas!!! We're having a heat wave here and 90% of homes here do NOT have a/c because it's usually only this hot here for a week in August... I've already warned my co-workers that I could act stupid here once in awhile now until it cools down;)

Sorry, I wasn't trying to make things difficult:eek:

I guess ya'll live in the Northeast. I live in the South and a/c is nice

and cool here:)

Edited by Lois R

It has been hot and muggy here. We are have trouble opening our outside doors. They have become swollen from the moisture and are hard to open. In fact, one we can't open! We have never had this happen before. The garage floor is wet from the moisture. Have AC running. We like about 3 miles from lake Ontario in upstate NY. I would rather be in our winter home in Florida on the Space Coast.

It has been hot and muggy here. We are have trouble opening our outside doors. They have become swollen from the moisture and are hard to open. In fact, one we can't open! We have never had this happen before. The garage floor is wet from the moisture. Have AC running. We like about 3 miles from lake Ontario in upstate NY. I would rather be in our winter home in Florida on the Space Coast.

You know, people think Florida must be awful in the summer, but if you are living in the right part of it, it's really not too bad. It is muggy, but where I live (near Sarasota very close to the shore on the gulf coast) it almost NEVER gets to 90. It's almost always 85-87 for a high and 75-77 for a low during summer months. And of course everything is air-conditioned too.

I spent most of my life in upstate NY where very few had A/C except maybe a window unit in the bedroom, and it could be quite miserable in hot weather! And don't even talk to me about Iowa where I lived for the last 12 years--hotter than my Florida town most every day in summer and brutally cold in the winter. (I loved everything about my Iowa town except the weather--it just finally got to be too much for me!)