WHATS THE DIFFERENCE IN OASIS vs ALLURE??

what makes allure more expensive than oasis. I'm looking to book the family in cat. D1 or js. I know you savvy travlers have sailed both. So i'm cummin to you for help. Any recommendations on ship and cabins for family of 3 that includes a 16yr old daughter?

Not much difference other than the venue names. Oasis has Seafood Shack and Allure has Rita's unless they changed them. Other than other names of lounges being different Allure is one foot longer too.

A number of things affect the pricing of a given cruise. Sail date, itinerary, etc. Allure is probably a little more pricey because its still the newest ship in the fleet as Quantum isn't out yet.

The only difference between the two ships is:

-Allure- Chicago

-Oasis- Hairspray

They both have varying ice shows, high diving shows, Comedy shows and specialty dining.

Everything else is practically the same.

The volume of bookings and itinerary control the price at this point. Not the ship. The more popular a ships sail date is to others will set the price. Off season the both ships will have lower prices. It is the law of user demand.

...the best answer was the one given by the prior poster.....Oasis on Satuday & Allure on Sunday.

when I checked airfare, I was amazed at the difference. we fly out of San Francisco & Saturday was definitely better for flights.

We took a JS guarantee on the Oasis & wound up getting one on the 'hump' with a double balcony......fabulous.

I figured it would be a one time cruise as we are older & I assumed the ship would be to big for us but I did want to try the Oasis class.

We had such a fabulous time, We are going on the Allure this fall.

There is really only one straight through flight I liked so I booked the airfare quite awhile back. Something I would not normally do.

I also booked another JS on the 'hump'.

Not much difference other than the venue names. Oasis has Seafood Shack and Allure has Rita's unless they changed them. Other than other names of lounges being different Allure is one foot longer too.

two inches

:)

The Allure and Oasis sail out of the same port (Ft Lauderdale - Oasis on Saturdays and Allure on Sundays) and do the same itineraries -- the Easter Caribbean and Western Caribbean on alternating weeks.

I think you will find for any given week the prices for the Western itinerary (Labadee, Falmouth, Jamaica, Cozumel) to be cheaper than the Eastern (Nassau, St Thomas, St Maarten) regardless of the ship due to port popularity.

The Allure and Oasis sail out of the same port (Ft Lauderdale - Oasis on Saturdays and Allure on Sundays) and do the same itineraries -- the Easter Caribbean and Western Caribbean on alternating weeks.

I think you will find for any given week the prices for the Western itinerary (Labadee, Falmouth, Jamaica, Cozumel) to be cheaper than the Eastern (Nassau, St Thomas, St Maarten) regardless of the ship due to port popularity.

Not to go off topic, But as it so happens to play out, the cruise I have booked on Freedom (Western Caribbean) runs a little bit more than the Eastern.

And in 2011 when I booked Freedom, the Western was cheaper than the Eastern. haha. And the Eastern Caribbean for Oasis happened to be cheaper than the Western for us when we booked that one. This is when comparing the balcony pricing though.

I think volume of booking as well as a given cruise date has the biggest effect on pricing more than itinerary. Of course I could be wrong as well. lol

Not to go off topic, But as it so happens to play out, the cruise I have booked on Freedom (Western Caribbean) runs a little bit more than the Eastern.

And in 2011 when I booked Freedom, the Western was cheaper than the Eastern. haha. And the Eastern Caribbean for Oasis happened to be cheaper than the Western for us when we booked that one. This is when comparing the balcony pricing though.

I think volume of booking as well as a given cruise date has the biggest effect on pricing more than itinerary. Of course I could be wrong as well. lol

Generally speaking the eastern cruise is more costlier simply because it is further away and it take more fuel.

Archived