Need Some Ideas on Where Else To Go!

rti

Hi,

We are two couples that are trying to plan a cruise for Jan or Feb 2015. We have cruised east, west, and south Caribbean, Grand Europe, Asia and toured South Africa. Any ideas on where we should go that is different and a must cruise? Greatly appreciate any ideas! We have been looking at South America but not sure what to think? :):):)

Thank you!

A couple we have done:

South America circumnavigation from Fort Lauderdale to SF. 49 days

Australia Circumnavigation r/t Sydney 28 days

West Africa - Cape Town to Dover 31 days

Indian Ocean - Cape Town to Singapore 30 days.

Suez and Indian Ocean Rome to Singapore - 28 days

Hi,

We are two couples that are trying to plan a cruise for Jan or Feb 2015. We have cruised east, west, and south Caribbean, Grand Europe, Asia and toured South Africa. Any ideas on where we should go that is different and a must cruise? Greatly appreciate any ideas! We have been looking at South America but not sure what to think? :):):)

Thank you!

If you could change your plans to May or June, then Alaska would be a fantastic choice.

Have you done the South Pacific? I don't know if Jan/Feb is possible for that though.

Otherwise I think you're wise in looking at South America for a possibility.

Thank you for all of your responses! We need to check out all of your ideas. We live in the Pacific Northwest and need to get some sunshine in January!

Thank you for all of your responses! We need to check out all of your ideas. We live in the Pacific Northwest and need to get some sunshine in January!

Then Alaska might not be the best thing for that need. We are just back from our Alaska cruise (6/23-30), a great time of year for that part of the world.

A lot depends on what type of thing you like to do in ports and how much time you have.

Another option is a segment of a world cruise. Princess has 1 leaving LA late Jan 2015. The first segment is Trans Pacific. You have to enjoy lots of sea days for this. The second segment out of Sydney visits several south east Asian ports.

We have about 3 weeks tops since both of our husbands are still in the work force.:(:(

We would just like to see as much of this marvelous world as we can! We figure we have about 2 or 3 big cruises left before we get too old!

20 Days Panama Canal & C.America

Holland America Line • ms Amsterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Half Moon Cay, Cartagena, Panama Canal, Puerto Caldera, Corinto, Puerto Quetzal, Puerto Chiapas, Cabo San Lucas, San Diego, Astoria, Vancouver, Seattle

1 departure date: Apr 28 2014

That itinerary is followed by a good 14 days in Alaska.

We'll be doing the 20 days itinerary. Because we want to have a day on a beach, see Cartagena. Canal, schmanal; we have seen some of it. But Corinto and Puerto Quetzal I want for the colonial Spanish architecture in Leon and Antigua. San Diego is a favorite city, and then Vancouver. Back home from a U.S. airport at some savings.

The great thing about HAL ships is that even the cheapest cabin is 185 sq foot, roomier than many other lines. We booked an inside J on the Main deck, just a few steps away from the promenade, the biggest balcony -- and with loungers. Also, HAL ships have the best libraries at seas, and free internet to the New York Times site. We prefer open seating.

Minuses include the average age, which is just short of deceased. The ship goes to sleep early and may be napping at other times. But we like naps too. And you may get lots of experience from newly-wed participants!

This itinerary has eemingly created little enthusiasm. i'm flabbergasted.

Australia/New Zealand.

Antarctica

Surely there a great many ports of Europe you've not yet seen.

There is far more to Europe than London, Paris, Rome. :) People travel a lifetime to see all the fabulous sights and experiences of Europe.

Hi,

Thank you!

You live in or near a very beautiful area! Have you hiked or ridden horseback through it? Totally different perspective.

Climbed to the top of Yosemite Falls? Bottom of the Grand Canyon?. Camped out under the Redwoods? All just long weekend trips!:)

For longer trips, South America! The Gillapagos!

Sorry, I haven't been to Australia, but a friend can't wait to go back, flying, not cruising.

I haven't been to Tenn. or Kentucky, but I want to go. I may be 111 before I get to all the places in the US I want to visit.

I would definitely cruise the South Pacific in a heartbeat (for a third time) on the wonderful 'Paul Gauguin'! We sailed in December both times and it was amazing! There are 7 to 14 nt. sailings (Marquesas, Tuamotus & Society Islands), and consider booking a pre nt. stay at an overwater bungalow. I don't believe rates are out for 2015 at this time. The PG just received a $7 million refurbishment in 2012.

We overnighted at both Bora Bora and Moorea (my favorite), and we loved the day on a private motu- all incredible. The ship has only 332 guests, and between the itinerary, wonderful staff, cuisine, excursions, and native entertainment, it is unforgettable! Oh, and the stunning scenery of course! (And don't worry if a balcony isn't in your budget- we had an Oceanview and never missed a balcony).

Daytime is casual attire, evenings are 'country club casual'. You can zip down to LAX and fly on to Papeete, Tahiti from there. Eight hours from LA you are in paradise. ;)

I also like the idea of seeing Australia/New Zealand, which is on my wish list.

P.S. You can check out the 'Paul Gauguin' at: pgcruises dot com

Archived