Luggae Tags Quicker Now....

Yes, we are staying in a Suite.....

We received our E-docs at 50 days to go....then today we received our luggage tags exactly 7 days later!

I never remembered it being that quick before...with over 40 days out....

It may be because they do not print and mail as many now....

Yes, we are staying in a Suite.....

We received our E-docs at 50 days to go....then today we received our luggage tags exactly 7 days later!

I never remembered it being that quick before...with over 40 days out....

It may be because they do not print and mail as many now....

5-7 days is the norm for receiving pre-printed luggage tags.:)

So, do they email your luggage tags? Thanks!

No, you have to download the electronic cruise document and them print the page with the luggage tags. The edocs are available on Royal's website about 49 days before the cruise.

No, you have to download the electronic cruise document and them print the page with the luggage tags..........

No, they do not "have to" do that. :)

If you enjoy making your own luggage tags, that's fine, but it is your choice.

Everybody else does not need to make their own luggage tags in advance just because that is the way you prefer to do it,

just as everybody else does not need to get their bags tagged at the pier just because that is the way I prefer to do it. :D

Don't be bitter...you could get luggage tags as well. Just book a suite.

Yes I'll be bitter ;):D I miss those pre-printed tags...getting them at the port in Vancouver BC on May 17th was a mess. :eek:... And am not interested in doing an arts/crafts project pre-cruise :(

We where not impressed with the new tags at all.... We printed them off and even laminated them ourselves to make them a bit stronger then stapled them 4 times in both sides and still they came off whilst being lumped around the ship by staff... I had to go hunt for my case in security several hours later as stupidly I forgot to add another tag of my own with my name on it... Never happened before with the ones that where sent out to you...Think next time we will pay the have them sent out from RCI rather than print our own.

We where not impressed with the new tags at all.... We printed them off and even laminated them ourselves to make them a bit stronger then stapled them 4 times in both sides and still they came off whilst being lumped around the ship by staff... I had to go hunt for my case in security several hours later as stupidly I forgot to add another tag of my own with my name on it... Never happened before with the ones that where sent out to you...Think next time we will pay the have them sent out from RCI rather than print our own.
We have had no problems with the new tags at all, the kind provided at the pier.

No printing, no laminating, no folding, no stapling needed, and they do not come off until we pull them off.

They are free and readily available - so no need to order them in advance or pay anyone to send them.

Yes I'll be bitter ;):D I miss those pre-printed tags...getting them at the port in Vancouver BC on May 17th was a mess. :eek:... And am not interested in doing an arts/crafts project pre-cruise :(

The arts and craft project before a cruise is half the fun! :p

I did what others did and just bought the laminating pages, cut out the luggage tags which i printed from the e-docs and attatched them to my bag.

Never came off. Though the luggage tags provided the day before departure came off and we had to hunt through the "lost luggage" for my g/f's bag but I will blame myself on that one because I didn't check to make sure it was attatched properly on her bag.

I solved the problem buying the cruise tags holders in Amazon. Even on a suite, Celebrity and Royal won't mail the tags to Puerto Rico. BTW, the cost to mail a letter to Puerto Rico, using the USPS, is the same than any other state. :confused::confused:

This may be a silly question but what exactly do you get sent out by RCI regarding luggage tags if you are in a suite?

Is it exactly the same as you would print out yourself in a lower category cabin or a proper laminated tag or a luggage tag in a fob.

Just curious :)

Thanks

See the FAQ on the .co.uk website for a detailed explanation of the tags for us here in Blighty!

This may be a silly question but what exactly do you get sent out by RCI regarding luggage tags if you are in a suite?

Is it exactly the same as you would print out yourself in a lower category cabin or a proper laminated tag or a luggage tag in a fob.

Just curious :)

Thanks

I believe the material is something like Tyvek. The mailed tags seem stronger than plain paper and resist tearing.

How nice for you and those staying in a suite get your luggage tags "faster" now that the rest of us don't get them at all anymore :rolleyes:

I had luggage tags in 30 seconds, as many as I needed, printed right off my printer. Two weeks after I printed the tags, I changed my cabin and had new tags in another 30 seconds.

No arts and crafts skills needed. We purchased a few clear reusable luggage tag holders and slip the paper tags in. No mess, no staples, no tape, no laminating, no waste.

M

No, you have to download the electronic cruise document and them print the page with the luggage tags. The edocs are available on Royal's website about 49 days before the cruise.

I am like 80 days away from sailing and all my edoc's are ready for printing now.

I am like 80 days away from sailing and all my edoc's are ready for printing now.

This may be an ignorant question but can I assume you've made final payment? I am new to Royal and my experience with other lines is no docs issued until final payment is made.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

I had luggage tags in 30 seconds, as many as I needed, printed right off my printer. Two weeks after I printed the tags, I changed my cabin and had new tags in another 30 seconds.

No arts and crafts skills needed. We purchased a few clear reusable luggage tag holders and slip the paper tags in. No mess, no staples, no tape, no laminating, no waste.

M

Thanks for the luggage tag holder idea. I didn't know they existed and just searched them on Google. Even though we don't mind doing our own laminating, we may just go this route and then have them to use over and over.

This may be an ignorant question but can I assume you've made final payment? I am new to Royal and my experience with other lines is no docs issued until final payment is made.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Yes, my final payment was made a few days ago.

Thanks for the luggage tag holder idea. I didn't know they existed and just searched them on Google. Even though we don't mind doing our own laminating' date=' we may just go this route and then have them to use over and over.[/quote']

Sometime we can drive to port and just folding the papers and stapling or taping, prior to leaving home, works just fine. If we fly to port, we can’t affix the tags until after the flight so the clear holders come in handy.

Someone on CC made mention of a toothbrush/toothpaste set that come in a clear holder that apparently is the same size as the luggage tags.

Lastly, the porters will be happy to write the tag when you arrive at the port.

m

Archived