123 and transatlantics

Cruise Junky

Does anyone remember if any of the previous offers have been applicable to Transatlantics? I'm thinking the first one was but not the same benefits as a Europe cruise. Can anyone remember?

Thanks.

I'm not entirely certain, but I recall a number of members commenting they could not obtain the original 123 GO offer for TA sailings. With that said, it's possible that one of the subsequent offers, may have allowed Transatlantics.

I'm sure other members will chime in with their insights.

The very first 123 promotion offered transatlantics as well - that's why we booked one for November 2013, choosing the classic drinks package. It's a nice perk to have even if we noticed on our last cruise ( with the package as well) that we'd never get even if we had to buy it because we don't drink much anyway. I'd gladly swap the Classic alcoholic package for the Premium Non-Alcoholic which unfortunately isn't possible. Ah , well, so my occasional glass of wine is covered and free, then! And it's nice not to have to sign anything when you order.

Same as grayjay's experience - I believe it was offered on the first 123 promo because it was available for this yr's fall Infinity TA. Subsequently, TA's were excluded.:(

Hope if there's another iteration TA's will be eligible! If anyone hears anything please post here!

Yes. We were able to have the first 123 applied to our already booked TA this past May. It was not considered a European cruise so we only got one of the three offers, but I was very happy!

Mike

As the old saying goes, everything has been said, but not everyone has said it. :)

So I'll chime in and say that the first 123Go promo did apply to TAs; in January, we booked a TA for this Oct. and we got the promo. (Celebrity: if you are reading this, the incentive definitely worked!)

We are on the Eclipse TA westbound in November and as a booking inducement were offered free alocholic ( with certain limitations) and non alcoholic drinks on this cruise.

I am not sure what 123 is or how this compares?

Excellent guys - thank you! I thought it was the first one (where we got it for Hawaii too). We're debating switching our Caribbean Equinox cruise for a TA and a drink package would be a great incentive. Nice to know it "could" happen :)

I just booked a transatlantic on our cruise last week and I was told that they are no longer offering the drink packages on TA's because of "over indulgence" and that it wasn't financially beneficial for Celebrity.

I just booked a transatlantic on our cruise last week and I was told that they are no longer offering the drink packages on TA's because of "over indulgence" and that it wasn't financially beneficial for Celebrity.

On a Westbound TA, a lot of people sign up for the beverage package once leaving their last port for the following 7 or so sea days. I can see Celebrity's point. ;)

Just to clarify -- do you mean they are not going to offer a drink pkg on a TA as part of a promo (like the 123Go), or they are no longer going to sell drink pkgs on TAs, period? It's hard to believe it's the latter --- unless you are three sheets to the wind before lunch, Celebrity has got to be making money on the pkgs.

For those who were able to book the 123 with the drink package for their fall 2013 repositioning TA, when was the promo offered? Was it early in 2013? I'm just trying to get a sense of when there could possibly be this promo on TAs.

For those who were able to book the 123 with the drink package for their fall 2013 repositioning TA, when was the promo offered? Was it early in 2013? I'm just trying to get a sense of when there could possibly be this promo on TAs.

If I recall correctly, the first 123-Go! promo was offered between January 7th and 27th, and then I think it was extended for a week or so. I booked a transatlantic during the time that Transatlantics were included in that first promo, but didn't take that option as I selected a reduced cruise fare. In order to get the beverage package promo, you had to purchase at the FIVESTAR or full, non-discounted rate.

Then a second round of 123-Go! was offered from March 15 to April 15th, with different parameters. That one may have been extended as well.

Then, of course, we had Pick your Perk! Just waiting to see what is next. :p

We were able to have the first 123 applied to our already booked Dec 1st TA. We only got one of the three offers but I am pretty sure we will get our monies' worth with the beverage package since we'll have so many days at sea!

Marianne

It is not part of the 123 promo on transatlantics, you can still get the pdrink package.

We have it for our cruise on Nov 3,2013 on the Eclipse out of Southampton, it was offered for a short period of time when the first 123Go was introduced.

Shirley

Archived