Classic to premium drink upgrade

betterthanvegas?

Hi,

Thinking of booking the infinity from harwich on the 30th of September of this year. If we book an ocean view or above, we get the classic drinks package for free. Does anyone have experience upgrading to the premium package? I'm told it's possible once onboard but just want to see of anyone actually did it? Thanks lads!

Also if anyone has any experience of this ship, please share. We've been on liberty of the seas and Norwegian epic before.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Greetings

Your TA should be able to upgrade your package for you. It costs $11.50/day to upgrade. With the Premium you also get the upscale waters, coffees, and juices at no extra charge. Have a great time.

Good Sailing

Tom

I think it is possible to upgrade until the last three days of the cruise. That way you can try the classic package. Its also useful if the first days arent sea days and therefor you cant really use the premium package.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

I think it is possible to upgrade until the last three days of the cruise. That way you can try the classic package. Its also useful if the first days arent sea days and therefor you cant really use the premium package.

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

This is correct.

Also, if only one wants to upgrade, you can do that onboard. If you upgrade before sailing, both must upgrade. We just got back from the Eclipse. My husband upgraded part way through the cruise (upcharge was prorated). I kept the Classic Package.

We're planning to wait till onboard to see if necessary. My husband only drinks Coors Light - with an occasional bloody mary, so if we decide to upgrade it will probably only be me depending on the wines available with dinner. If we do it ahead of time both people have to upgrade.

Yeah, I'd be happier upgrading prior to the cruise and just paying for everything now. I do think the premium is the way to go too, esp if you drink beer like we do! Hopefully a lot of the good beer will be there...

We have 125 days till we sail and have already upgraded to the Premium. Reflection has Michaels with 64 craft beers! On our Roll Call we have set up a 'tasting group' with 5-6 of us. 2 trips per day 5-6 beers per trip, we should get to try all 64 in 5 days. Then each can have their favorite on the final day! The wifester likes a good Red wine, and the better one are offered on the Premium list, then there are the premium coffee's! Need I go on?

Thanks everyone. Planning to book via celebrity on the phone or online as its cheaper than my TA. Just found out I didn't get a job I really really wanted so need to book a holiday to cheer myself up!

Perhaps you are not comparing "apples to apples". I can't really understand how booking direct would be less expensive. It could be the same, but I would think it would be more and the TA should be able to give you an OBC.

We have 125 days till we sail and have already upgraded to the Premium. Reflection has Michaels with 64 craft beers! On our Roll Call we have set up a 'tasting group' with 5-6 of us. 2 trips per day 5-6 beers per trip, we should get to try all 64 in 5 days. Then each can have their favorite on the final day! The wifester likes a good Red wine, and the better one are offered on the Premium list, then there are the premium coffee's! Need I go on?

I have read on the boards that Michael's does not open most days till 5 or 7 PM, so hopefully you have late seating dinner so you can get your first trip in during happy hour and your second trip in post dinner before they close. And it's not 100% certain that they will have all 64 varieties in stock. Hopefully your tasting group will consist of some hardy beer drinkers and not just some guys having beer muscles online. ;)

I'm not a beer drinking but I'm drinking through the martini and molecular bar menu again. :D

I have read on the boards that Michael's does not open most days till 5 or 7 PM, so hopefully you have late seating dinner so you can get your first trip in during happy hour and your second trip in post dinner before they close. And it's not 100% certain that they will have all 64 varieties in stock. Hopefully your tasting group will consist of some hardy beer drinkers and not just some guys having beer muscles online. ;)

Have you gone to a wine or beer tasting and know how it is done?

You can certainly "get your money's worth" of the premium package on port days. We use it for good lattes or teas at Cafe Bacio at least once a day, to get fresh squeezed juices and bottled water before even getting off the ship. Then pre-dinner cocktail, wine with dinner. Even at just that, it's worth it :-) you don't need to be constantly drinking to make the package effective.

We are sailing on Eclipse in August and several times since we booked (179 days ago not that we are counting! !!) we havd tried to upgrade our classic drink package to premium but with no success. Both our ta & Celebrity direct said we have to upgrade on the ship -it cannot be done beforehand. I notice that many people who live outside the UK have been able to upgrade prior to sailjng, is any one able to cast some light on this situation??

Yeah, maybe it's a regional thing re upgrading before/onboard although I don't know why that would be. Never done a drinks package but we've decided to make this holiday a great one as I'll have finished my MA thesis and really need a break! Better book it now!!

We upgraded when we boarded the Eclipse last month. Since I had a the prepaid gratuities and a lot of OBC to use, it was a great way to use it. We had booked private tours, so we couldn't use it for excursions.

I was disappointed that Michael's wasn't open earlier so I could try some of the beers. But it worked out OK, since we spent so much time in the Molecular Bar, I didn't need another beer. :D

We're in Ireland. I think it work differently here. TAs not so big. Maybe I just don't know enough TAs! I know it makes no sense to me either.

I have no experience booking outside of the US. It certain cannot be very popular with the TAs in Ireland.

Jagoffee, your comment made me think so I had a phone around some TAs and found one that was marginally cheaper than with celebrity but also included transfers and 5 wine events with jean smullen. So going to go with them. Thanks for putting the idea in my head!

Wait until you get on board as it will be less trouble. I booked a cruise and got the Classic Package. I paid up front for the Premium because I wanted to be sure that I got it. Got on board and didn't have either one. Went to the Guest Relations and was told that my name was not on the sheet. I showed them my Email and documentation from the TA that I had stored on my cell phone and was told that it didn't mean anything. Thankfully we were still in port and I could call my TA and was able to get to get in contact with them. About 3 hours later it was straightened out.

I don't like giving away my money and then having to fight to get it back. After that incident I will pay after service rendered and let them fight to get it. Too many things can happen between now and then and it is better to keep the money until the cruise is over.

Have you gone to a wine or beer tasting and know how it is done?

I was disappointed that Michael's wasn't open earlier so I could try some of the beers. But it worked out OK, since we spent so much time in the Molecular Bar, I didn't need another beer. :D

As has been confirmed by the above posting, all I was doing Wallie was letting you know that Michael's does not open till at least 5 or 7 so it would be impossible to have your first beer tasting during the afternoon. I have to assume that a beer tasting would consist of an individual polishing off the entire bottle, but if 6 of you are going to only have 2 oz samples, then your 5-6 beers per trip can obviously be knocked off fairly quickly. Either way, I was just passing along some information in case you did not realize that Michael's was not open during the afternoon.

Archived