Booked 3 day bahama today... Can i cancel?

Our dog blew out her cruciate ligament and the vet also found a tumor that needs aspirated (tested) and surgically removed. So she could be in for 2 surgery's in the next 2 weeks for the Cruciate and the neck tumor. I booked through a ************* TA and just emailed them the same details. IS there any 24 hours grace period? I can't believe it all happened so quickly.. I paid for cruise today and it embarks in 21 days. Any chance or did i just buy a cruise for my mom and dad?

Our dog blew out her cruciate ligament and the vet also found a tumor that needs aspirated (tested) and surgically removed. So she could be in for 2 surgery's in the next 2 weeks for the Cruciate and the neck tumor. I booked through a ************* TA and just emailed them the same details. IS there any 24 hours grace period? I can't believe it all happened so quickly.. I paid for cruise today and it embarks in 21 days. Any chance or did i just buy a cruise for my mom and dad?

Unless they go outside the stated guidelines for compassionate reasons, no, you will not be able to cancel or transfer the booking to your parents (at least one original person still needs to be in the cabin). Call someone at the TA first thing tomorrow and have them make some enquiries - you've got nothing to lose at this point.

At least you don't have to endure the "you should have bought insurance" comments...it doesn't cover medical emergencies for animals. Sorry...although I'm not a pet-lover I feel sad for anyone who has their plans changed so abruptly through misfortune. Good Luck!

I had to do this once fairly recently and was told by RCL that there is a 24 hour grace period.

Not sure how it works thru a TA. Good luck. Let us know how you make out. I hope they are open on the weekend.

not sure at all if this will help but maybe you should call RCI and inform them of the situation immediately and advise them that although you know they cannot assist because you booked though a TA, you wanted them to be aware and make a note against your booking as soon as possible - just in case you have a problem getting hold of your TA.

Hope it all works out for you and the dog.

One of my dogs has had 2 cruciate surgeries. If it is a matter of economic reasons, I understand and for me the dog would also come first. Otherwise, she probably will be fine waiting until you return from the cruise for surgery. That type of surgery is expensive but the outcome is well worth it.

Be sure your vet has had experience doing this or find an orthopedic vet.

So sorry to hear about the ligament surgery; poor pup must be in pain; the after care is long and slow but excellent results can be achieved. Weekends are always a nightmare where TAs are concerned. Maybe you could call RCCL back and ask for a supervisor.... at least they could put something on the reservation for when your TA calls on Monday to show you called within 24 hours.....

RCL basically told me call your TA.. unfortunately the world of travel is not open on the weekends....... *** ? they wouldn't even look up the reservation

I'm sure contractual arrangements with the TA prevent RCCL from doing anything to your reservation. Actually, it's not "your" reservations, it's your TA's. They own it. You contracted with them, which is why RCCL's hands are tied until they are contacted by your TA. This is a classic example of why it's good to book directly with RCCL (or at least someone that is reachable 24/7).

I normally use a different carrier for travel insurance. Does Cruise Care provide cancellation insurance for sick pets?

CruiseCare Cancellation Penalty Waiver Program

Brought to you by Royal Caribbean International®

Cancel your cruise without any penalties with our CruiseCare “Any Reason” Cruise Credits, and receive additional coverage that:

Waives the non-refundable cancellation penalties and refunds 100% in-cash if you need to cancel for a specified reason

Provides a 75% future cruise credit if you need to cancel for any other reason

I sympathize with you - I have an elderly dog and I wonder if I should make final payment or cancel - a Hawaii cruise at a great price. Had a cruciate ligament repair done on my dog and it took about 6 weeks of very little activity in order to heal - plus being an expensive operationl

Just updating.. Since the booking was just yesterday the TA was able to get it canceled. I did have to pay a 25 fee for canceling it. But you know, i don't care at this point. It's all good

great news...best wishes to your doggy!

Just updating.. Since the booking was just yesterday the TA was able to get it canceled. I did have to pay a 25 fee for canceling it. But you know, i don't care at this point. It's all good

Glad to know there's a 24 hour grace period.

We just did CVL surgery on our Boxer this past winter just before our cruise, as well. It is so stressful! I feel for you and your dog. BTW: your dog may or may not be in pain. We were told that once it was totally severed, there is so pain. Of course, they can't walk on it, either, so pain aside we felt we had to get it done for her. We chose to do the surgery. We were lucky that we knew early enough to be able to get the surgery before the cruise and have our pooch rehab enough before we left. She did recover, though, and although she still suffers some pain from arthritis (we think) she can use her leg and is "almost" as good as new.

For those that don't know, this surgery is basically the price of a cruise/and maybe airfare for a family of 3! Totally worth it for your four-legged family member.

Koohiichan

I posted a thread about this about a year ago when we went through the same thing. One of my dobermans had a torn CCL about 2 years ago and we opted for the TPLO fix. It was a pricey surgery and very long recovery but the results were incredible and worth every penny. Last year a stress fractured caused his patella to split in half on that same knee. It was an even more expensive surgery and harder recovery due to the external fixator. This happened about 8 weeks before our Oasis cruise was scheduled.

In the end, we went on our cruise and left him in the ever-capable hands of our vet. He received top notch care and they performed his PT exercises on him and the vet was continuously monitoring him throughout the day.

Is there anyway you could leave your pup at the vet while you're gone to actually have the surgery? You'll only be gone 3 days and we had to leave ours overnight for observation anyway after the TPLO. Those first few days are the hardest and I'm sure he'd be fine at the vet...

Best of luck to you and your pup. We've been through the ringer with orthopedic surgeries for ours and I know it can be tough both mentally and financially.

She is a 60 pound boxer, she's a bit oblivious to it all. Tomorrowe have an appointment to look at a mass in her throat area and our regular vet will take a look at the leg too and we'll go from there, i know you can skip surgery..But then arthritis is guaranteed and since she's like 7 i don't want that, so i'll have to end up paying the 2-3k for the surgery.I hope it's lower, but the surgery isn't a simple one from what i've read. Essentially it's like an athlete blowing out his ACL

Archived