“Live” from the "Enchantment of the Seas" July 19-26,2013 Back-2-Back

The lighting around the ship at night is nice.

null_zpsb45b87f2.jpg

The moonlight from the ship the other night was so nice.

null_zps7468df1b.jpg

Lots of nice rum on top of the Coco Loco

null_zps7f254be8.jpg

null_zps1170fb44.jpg

A little painting around the outside windows.

null_zps5bc48bf1.jpg

Someone was a special Barbie Girl on the first cruise. Second cruise this magnet sign was gone.

null_zps2bc543ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Let us know about the parking. I'm curious to how efficient they are in getting us there and whether you feel safe in the parking lot. We are planning on doing off-site parking for our Freedom cruise in October. We want to save the big bucks for our onboard drinking, oops, I mean purchases.:D

I used the parking lot that is part of and by Radisson (Park Port Canaveral). Odd part is I paid $ 3.95 per day by pre-paying. Looking at their site now I see that the pre-paid is now $ 7.95 and the day of is $ 8.95. I'm not sure if what I paid was last minute summer deal or what, but its quite difference in price. In any event I was happy with them and plan to use them in November when I cruise on the Freedom of the Seas, hopefully they will bring back the $ 3.95 price.:)

http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/index.html

I used the parking lot that is part of and by Radisson (Park Port Canaveral). Odd part is I paid $ 3.95 per day by pre-paying. Looking at their site now I see that the pre-paid is now $ 7.95 and the day of is $ 8.95. I'm not sure if what I paid was last minute summer deal or what, but its quite difference in price. In any event I was happy with them and plan to use them in November when I cruise on the Freedom of the Seas, hopefully they will bring back the $ 3.95 price.:)

http://www.parkportcanaveral.com/index.html

No, it was less when we went in March and April also, so I think they raised their prices since it is such a great place to park. next time we go out of PC we will use them again. Probably the best parking place we have ever used.

We will be on the 4 night in October and I am wondering how formal people are in the MDR. We did not plan on packing a suit for my husband, just dress shirt and pants. Would he look out of place? Trying to make the trip with 2 carryons and not any extra space.

Love all the pics and info. Thank you soooooo much for this!

I wouldn't worry to much about it on a "Short" cruise. I saw people in Jeans and a nice shirt on elegant night. When I was on the three day cruise I ate in the dining room that night and some were dressed to the hilts, others in Jeans and a shirt. I wore slacks and a polo shirt that night. The second elegant night on the 4 night cruise I ate in the Windjammer but I saw many people not dressed up that night. Just don't go there in a short and tee shirt. :-)

awesome review and fantastic photos.

just one question, we loved Park Café on Allure and was wondering, is it open on the first day? We are so looking forward to the fantastic roast beef sandwich and the wonderful salads, want to head there as soon as we board if its open.

thanks for taking the time to share your cruise with all of us!

Park Cafe was open on the first day from Noon-330. It's very good.

What time can you board the ship on set sail day? Thanks for the fab review!!

Most cruises I've been on, I've in most cases always been on by 11am if I get to the port early and in most cases I do except this cruise.

I saw that the kids have a white shirt/ black light party, not sure what it is called. Do they do that for the adults as well?

I've seen them on cruises for adults but not on either of these two.

I'm interested in the Royal Tots nursery. Not sure if they let you in without having kids, but curious on the set up for my friend who is sailing with me.

The nursery was pretty small. 3 fisher price toys: door, ball toy, and one other. I think a separate little area for cribs. Tv playing a movie in this area as well. We didn't have our kids with but went to check it out briefly. Hope that helps.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was going to go look but then didn't want questions to be asked and then I look like a creep. :-) Sorry I wasn't able to help with pictures.

In a related story, Carnival Cruise Lines has reported an apparent man overboard off the Fascination somewhere in the vicinity of Nassau, Bahamas. They have a photograph of the man, but, are unable to locate him anywhere on the ship. The ship will continue to circle the area until the man is found.

Am sure they are still trying to hunt me down to "Buy" the picture I made them take of me. Is funny after I did that one I almost walked over to the two NCL ships too and get my pictures taken there if they were still out snapping them. :-)

The Haines magic show didn't appear to be on this cruise unless I missed. Such a shame was hoping to watch it a second time.

Wow, my bad. Guess I really should have read the "Compass" I post. But that's the night I was "Not So Sober" after Fat Tuesdays so I guess completely missed looking at it. It's the night of Day 3. I'm so mad now that I missed watching it a second time.

Just found your review today! Fun!! I wonder if I can convince DH to tack on a short cruise on Enchantment after our trip to Disney World in December?? We'll be in the neighborhood...

Love the photos, and for some reason I'm really thirsty

Enjoy your last couple of days!

I say go for it JoanD!!! Tell your DH its good after mouse therapy. Will do you both a world of good.

Thanks for the live review, especially as we're sailing on Enchantment for the four night itinerary straight after a week on Oasis next month. She looks lovely after the revamp.

Glad you've had such a good couple of cruises and thanks for the added information . I would have loved to have seen some photos of the refurbished balcony cabins. Did you manage to sneak a look at any of them?

Wish I was able to get into some of them, but alias I wasn't. Maybe next time. That's going to be tough going from Large ship to Small ship. I did small ship (Carnival Sensation) to large ship (Carnival Freedom) last fall, not sure how I would have liked it the other way around. In any event you'll be on a ship and at the end of the day that is all that matters. Have a great cruise!

The second elegant night on the 4 night cruise I ate in the Windjammer but I saw many people not dressed up that night. Just don't go there in a short and tee shirt. :-)

There's a second elegant night? Which night is that? According to the Compasses you posted, all nights say casual except the second night.

The second elegant night on the 4 night cruise I ate in the Windjammer but I saw many people not dressed up that night. Just don't go there in a short and tee shirt. :-)

There's a second elegant night? Which night is that? According to the Compasses you posted, all nights say casual except the second night.

Only one per cruise. Meant that from the three night one and then the four night one.

Really have enjoyed reading this. Now less than 10 days out from our cruise and we've used this live post as a cruise boot camp for us! You've done a great job! I'll certainly be trying that conch salad from Fat Tuesday's in Nassau now that I've seen a good review on it.

Thanks for the review - it was a lot of fun to sail along.

My 17yo daughter and I will be on the EN next Friday for the 3 night.

I was wondering how long the walk took.

Walk to Junk Beach & Fat Tuesdays isn't really to far maybe 15 minutes or so. It's depending on how fast you walk or stop for a picture or two though.

If you take the boat ($8 pp round trip) to Paradise Island and then walk to Atlantis that's about a 10 minute walk.

Really have enjoyed reading this. Now less than 10 days out from our cruise and we've used this live post as a cruise boot camp for us! You've done a great job! I'll certainly be trying that conch salad from Fat Tuesday's in Nassau now that I've seen a good review on it.

Thanks for following along and have a great time at Fat Tuesdays. If you don't like "Spicy type hot" be sure to tell your wait person at Fat Tuesdays you don't want hot. My first one was excellent and perfect but hot. Second one I asked to be not so hot. :-) Both were so good, I want one now. Believe that goes for anywhere you get one, be sure to advise of your spice desires.

Have a great cruise!

Great review! My boyfriend just surprised me and booked the Aug. 9th sailing on Enchantment for my birthday so your review was perfect timing! Thanks for all of the great pics and ideas for when we head out!

Great review! My boyfriend just surprised me and booked the Aug. 9th sailing on Enchantment for my birthday so your review was perfect timing! Thanks for all of the great pics and ideas for when we head out!

Check-in with the folks on your roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1855037

Very excited to see all things Enchantment of the Seas, especially that elusive fourth-night menu! The only downside to this glorious "Live" review is if weather dictates we miss Coco Cay on my Sept. 9th cruise, I'm going to sit on the deck weeping. Those photos were stunning!

Very excited to see all things Enchantment of the Seas, especially that elusive fourth-night menu! The only downside to this glorious "Live" review is if weather dictates we miss Coco Cay on my Sept. 9th cruise, I'm going to sit on the deck weeping. Those photos were stunning!

I've added a bunch more CoCo Cay photos to the FB page from both visits. I'm still in process of uploading more photos there from the trip.

One does not have to be a "Friend" to view for those wishing to remain stealth. I completely understand that. Just don't want those wanting to remain stealth to think they can't see additional photos. :-)

Have a super cruise in August!

Did you back in to Nassau both cruises? We are doing a 4 night in a couple weeks, we have a port side balcony cabin and was wondering if we will be facing the dock.

Thanks much :D

Both cruises went to Nassau and Coco Cay with the four day having a sea day. Both trips the ship backed into the docks. However there is no set dock the ship ties up at.

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

If you want to hear and see the comforting sounds of the waves brushing along the shoreline of Coco Cay during this trip. Be sure to check the link below to a video I took of the relaxing sights and sounds on July 23, 2013.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1395036700718450&set=vb.100006363995348&type=2&theater

Great review ! We were on the 4 night portion of your cruise. It was our first time on an RCCL ship and I did book another while on board.

While the service was great, I found the food was hit or miss but now I know what to skip on the menu:p

Margo

Edited by Motherwitch

Thank you, thank you, thank you! we leave August 12th. I especially want to say thank you 100 times over for posting the Adventure Ocean stuff. We will have 4 adults and 2 8 year olds and I foresee them having tons of fun at AO.

you're the best!

We've just booked the 4-day for next year.

Did your sailing have the Quest game show?

Thanks!

Yes. Both sailings, generally the last night. Great event to watch and participate.

Great review ! We were on the 4 night portion of your cruise. It was our first time on an RCCL ship and I did book another while on board.

While the service was great, I found the food was hit or miss but now I know what to skip on the menu:p

Margo

Glad you had a awesome first cruise and booked that 2nd cruise! Welcome to your new addiction. :-)

Thank you, thank you, thank you! we leave August 12th. I especially want to say thank you 100 times over for posting the Adventure Ocean stuff. We will have 4 adults and 2 8 year olds and I foresee them having tons of fun at AO.

you're the best!

You're very welcome! Have a super cruise! Y'all will have a great time. All the kids on board and there a lot seemed to be having a great time.

Even with all the kids on board they were all well behaved.

Fat Tuesdays is literally right next door to Junk Beach. You walk to Junk beach and you can't miss it. :-) Better spot than Señor Frogs IMHO.

You should try the Daqueri Shack in Nassua. all fresh fruit. you have to take the local bus there. The best on the island.