“Live” from the "Enchantment of the Seas" July 19-26,2013 Back-2-Back

Setting up tents for a celebration outside the straw market.

null_zps54ee5f7d.jpg

Took the Ferry to Paradise Island.

null_zpsa7b1fb91.jpg

Our "Tour Guide" on the ferry. Had him on the trip back. Pretty sure on past trips too.

null_zpsdccd0615.jpg

null_zps25b43d57.jpg

Always think I'll see Trolls when I get off the ferry here under the bridge.

null_zps5acdc36a.jpg

Only went to Paradise Island to walk around Marina Village. I love that place, can only dream one day one of these yachts will be mine. :-) I love being by water.

null_zps39a6308c.jpg

After Marina Village back to the main land, I didn't even walk into Atlantis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

Then made my way toward Junk Beach

null_zps8d6d412d.jpg

, a bit more busy than when I was here a few days ago.

null_zps4995c21c.jpg

Went to the grand opening of Fat Tuesdays.

null_zps9e378636.jpg

null_zps10503485.jpg

null_zps8443f0cb.jpg

null_zps60c205bb.jpg

Fat Tuesdays Menu. Nassau. Grand "Soft" Opening Day.

null_zpsf9e94acf.jpg

null_zpsc63ba84f.jpg

null_zpsfc132bec.jpg

I ordered for the first round a Miami vice in the refillable that can be taken to ant Fat Tuesdays and be refilled for $9.00

null_zpsec798dbc.jpg

Then ordered the Conch Salad which was delicious.

null_zps9ccac075.jpg

The views are beautiful from here. It's possible I'm buzzed before 230pm.

From where I'm sitting.

null_zps609433b7.jpg

Right by the "New" Fat Tuesdays you can rent well the below describes it better than I can. Think I may do this if I cruise here in November.

null_zps9e4d0454.jpg

null_zpsb1b931b2.jpg

null_zpse6f9d761.jpg

null_zpsc0bf0d19.jpg

This not offered by any ship and is for about 1-2 adults and one child under 12 or so. Looks so cool. About $ 150 for all 2 adults and one kid on boat. Actual water time is 2.5 hours. That's pretty good.

Just curious if anyone knows the answer to this about the 3 Day Enchantment cruise.....if weather conditions are poor and it is necessary to cancel Coco Cay (it happens somewhat often) what would be the most likely itinerary - another day in Nassau, an unscheduled day in Freeport or an "at sea" day?

Just curious if anyone knows the answer to this about the 3 Day Enchantment cruise.....if weather conditions are poor and it is necessary to cancel Coco Cay (it happens somewhat often) what would be the most likely itinerary - another day in Nassau, an unscheduled day in Freeport or an "at sea" day?

As far as I know a day at sea.

Both times it has happened to me (Oct '11 and Oct '12 both on Monarch) it became a sea day.

Enchantment of the Seas as best I could do pics by request, no I'm not on the ship as I post this, I'm at Fat Tuesdays. I may or may not be buzzed. For the record I've spent no time here. Just whilst I've been sleeping ive spent time in the gym. I'm a very bad man.

null_zps8fb1f34c.jpg

null_zps1c06f31a.jpg

Please don't tell my GF? but she cruises next month on a cruise on Princess to Alaska and i know for sure the will not be a priority. :-)

null_zps7e8bf29a.jpg

null_zps3946ebe3.jpg

null_zps54789cb7.jpg

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

I'm really enjoying your review. We will be on board in November. Can you tell me the price of the bag of beer. Have fun!

Was like 45. With the tip. Refills won't be the same since you have the cool bag. That's with 6 beers.

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

Really enjoying your review.

I will be there end of February and since I do not want to rent a cabana on CocoCay , is there enough lounge chairs for everybody and are there umbrellas. Do we have to rent these or are they for everyone.

Thanks.

Tons! Of chairs. Pretty sure umbrellas are a fee. Palm trees work well though. Worked well for me.

i have really enjoyed your live review, even followed on facebook,

we are joining the 4 day cruise from 9th september & are so exicited now that we have discovered this thread.

thank you so much, we really appreciate the effort you have put in

gary & michele , manchester uk

I've ordered breakfast room service, it should be delivered here shortly. You can order real scrambled eggs or boxed eggs. Know I saw a thread on here recently on the subject of eggs. The more I think of it I think it was on the Carnival board. Oh well. :-)

Breakfast room service menu

null_zpsccc61c8f.jpg

null_zps8cc167fc.jpg

Love the breakfast menu for room service, thing I hate though is that each time I order, I need to hand-write in peanut butter. Some times we'll get it and others I need to run up to WJ Some days its nice on toast with butter.

Enjoying the "live" thread!

I always joked that I would go to another ships picturing take crew if they were leaving the ship the same time as us. Today I did that. Hot my picture taking where that lady is in this picture behind the wheel. My picture will now be on the Carnival Fascination. I've got very few to none on the Enchantment.

In a related story, Carnival Cruise Lines has reported an apparent man overboard off the Fascination somewhere in the vicinity of Nassau, Bahamas. They have a photograph of the man, but, are unable to locate him anywhere on the ship. The ship will continue to circle the area until the man is found. :)

Good Day Sea Goers!

Where has the time gone? Cannot believe its Thursday already. Wednesday was a great day in Nassau. Being at Fat Tuesdays "Soft" Opening was fun and I may or may not have had a drink or four under my belt. I don't remember walking back to the ship, but what I do have is a picture trail back to the ship. At least all aboard was at 11:30pm. I was on the ship well before that.

When I briefly scanned for questions I think I saw one asking about Fat Tuesdays menu, what I posted is their menu, snack type. Conch Salad is very good, before I left I actually ate a second one. I had a nice conversation with one of the owners and they a nice group of people. Later on the will have their "Official" Big Grand Opening. I had a great time though and that's all that matters. I ate in the Windjammer again last night and had a fairly night in.

Today as we slowly make our way back to Port Canaveral.

null_zps66f52c79.jpg

null_zps8df5ded0.jpg

null_zpse97f7af3.jpg

Enjoying a nice Starbucks Latte from this spot on deck 5 as I enter my post into CC.

null_zps93398665.jpg

The Haines magic show didn't appear to be on this cruise unless I missed. Such a shame was hoping to watch it a second time.

Today's another day of doing a whole lot of nothing.

Till a later time "Live" from the Enchantment of the Seas...