“Live” from the "Enchantment of the Seas" July 19-26,2013 Back-2-Back

Mr. Fun, getting anxious about my sailing leaving on 8/30. Think I look through your thread, as well as your pictures on FB, daily. Looking at the food on the ship, I did not see anywhere that pizza is available? Am I a gluten, or, am I missing it? :rolleyes:

Hey your cruise is next week! Wahoo, lucky you! Know pizza is served late night in the Park Cafe. Had some there a few times. During my cruises, lots of kids in that area of cafe and solarium late night. Can't remember now if I saw Pizza in Windjammer too or not.

Have a great cruise, don't forget to grab a roast beef sandwich or three at the Park Cafe too! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I know it's a stretch, but any chance was he a tall slim young man named Benjamin?

Erika

Think that was him. We talked about my steward I had on the Jewel in April that moved there from the Monarch. Funny how instantly he knew who he was and was talking about him leaving the Jewel at some point and returning to Enchantment.

Wanted to add my thanks. We seem to be following you around this year. We did the Jewel repositioning cruise in May and board the Enchantment of the Seas on Friday. Really enjoyed both of your live reports and can't wait to be sailing away later this week.

Glad you made it back to the ship that one day, from Fat Tuesday's. Appreciated the photos on the way back though - I didn't realize there was a Dunkin Donuts there in Nassau! I am a DD addict! Did I understand correctly - you had TWO conch salads? LOL!

Anyway, nice review, again.:)

We're on the EN in Dec. This will be our 2nd visit to Nassau. Last time, we walked to Queen's Stairs and toured the fort. This time we want to go to Atlantis. Questions: What is the best way to get there, and what are the charges to get into the resort? All we want to do is walk around and see it! Help! Any suggestions, please!

We're on the EN in Dec. This will be our 2nd visit to Nassau. Last time, we walked to Queen's Stairs and toured the fort. This time we want to go to Atlantis. Questions: What is the best way to get there, and what are the charges to get into the resort? All we want to do is walk around and see it! Help! Any suggestions, please!

I'd take the boat over which is $ 4 each way pp. After you get off the boat its not much of a walk. You can walk thru the Marina village area and right inside Atlantis. You can see quite a bit of the inside without paying. If you go after 6pm you generally can get a view of the aquariums for free. Of course if its raining that day you'll want to take a taxi and the cost is about the same, just a little bit less walking.

Have fun and a great cruise!

I'd take the boat over which is $ 4 each way pp. After you get off the boat its not much of a walk. You can walk thru the Marina village area and right inside Atlantis. You can see quite a bit of the inside without paying. If you go after 6pm you generally can get a view of the aquariums for free. Of course if its raining that day you'll want to take a taxi and the cost is about the same, just a little bit less walking.

Sounds like a plan! That's what we will do.

Thanks so much, and I love reading your reviews!

Do you know what time is the latest you can take the boat over.. We were thinking of going over around 5 or so

Do you know what time is the latest you can take the boat over.. We were thinking of going over around 5 or so

Think it was around 6-7 if my memory serves me right. I was looking for a picture of the sign but I guess I didn't snap one. Though my gut keeps telling me 630. If your going to stay over on Paradise Island late you'll want to only take the boat over one way. Then take a taxi back. Taxis are all over the place in front of Atlantis and cost about the same. Be prepared to be packed in with both the water taxi and regular taxi.

Have a great cruise and time in Nassau!

Well I have certainly enjoyed every minute of your review and all the follow-up as well. Thanks so much. I was wondering if you could advise me on the tendering to Coco Cay. I am concerned as to the debarkation there from the tender. Have a bad knee and would not be able to take a high step up or down. What is your thought on this?

Thanks

Well I have certainly enjoyed every minute of your review and all the follow-up as well. Thanks so much. I was wondering if you could advise me on the tendering to Coco Cay. I am concerned as to the debarkation there from the tender. Have a bad knee and would not be able to take a high step up or down. What is your thought on this?

Thanks

There is a ramp from the ship to the tender. There are usually a couple guys on each side of the ramp helping people on to the tender. If they see you may needing a little assistance they will help you.

Once on the tender there are about six steps with a railing to the lower level where everyone sits. There is an upper level too, but you wont want to sit there.The steps appear to be normal size steps to the lower level so you should be ok. Hold onto the rail of course.

You should be alright. Just take it nice and slow and enjoy the island.

Enjoy your cruise and Coco Cay. It's beautiful.

Thank you for sharing you Cruise. It was really wonderful. We just booked a 4 day in October and we are so looking forward to it.

I just have a quick question for you. I think I read that you had a Starbucks coffee. Is there a Starbucks on the Enchantment? I know they are on the Oasis & Allure but never thought there would be one on the Enchantment. Being a Starbucks snob I'm hoping I read correctly and I'll be able to get my morning Starbucks on the Enchantment.

Thanks again for sharing your vacation with us!

Thank you for sharing you Cruise. It was really wonderful. We just booked a 4 day in October and we are so looking forward to it.

I just have a quick question for you. I think I read that you had a Starbucks coffee. Is there a Starbucks on the Enchantment? I know they are on the Oasis & Allure but never thought there would be one on the Enchantment. Being a Starbucks snob I'm hoping I read correctly and I'll be able to get my morning Starbucks on the Enchantment.

Thanks again for sharing your vacation with us!

Enchantment may serve Starbucks coffee, but the only ships with a real Starbucks are Oasis and Allure.

What do they have at Cafe Latte-Tudes near the centrium on deck 6? Anyone have a menu? Or a pic of one?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thought I had a picture of it, but couldn't find one. They have many of the similar things as a real Starbucks. Think of it as going to the Marriott and in a lot of the Marriott lobbies they have a Starbucks there that state "We are proud to serve Starbucks." You can get a variety of specialty coffees, frozen coffee drinks and the like. On this cruise I had a a couple latte and Frappuccino's. Behind the counter looked to have a variety of flavors. Both equally as good. :)

Have a great cruise!

Do you happen to remember if there were any TV's at Fat Tuesday? We are on Enchantment again in November and need to find somewhere to watch football while having a few drinks.

There were not any TV's at Fat Tuesdays the day I was there but it was there soft grand opening day. They were still working out kinks and stuff so I would not be surprised if they have them now or in the future. But I could be wrong. :-) It's a nice relaxing spot though.

There were not any TV's at Fat Tuesdays the day I was there but it was there soft grand opening day. They were still working out kinks and stuff so I would not be surprised if they have them now or in the future. But I could be wrong. :-) It's a nice relaxing spot though.

Thanks. Nice and relaxing sounds like a great alternative to Senior Frogs. We can always DVR the games!

Thanks. Nice and relaxing sounds like a great alternative to Senior Frogs. We can always DVR the games!

Go Dawgs!!