Debark Seperately?

We live near the port so on an upcoming cruise I would like to debark prior to the wife and drive straight to work while the wife sleeps in and takes a cab home. Has anyone ever done this? I am afraid it may cause custom issues/concerns resulting in some kind of unwanted fiasco.

We live near the port so on an upcoming cruise I would like to debark prior to the wife and drive straight to work while the wife sleeps in and takes a cab home. Has anyone ever done this? I am afraid it may cause custom issues/concerns resulting in some kind of unwanted fiasco.

This should make no difference at all.

Not an issue as long as you and your wife each complete a customs form. You can get a second customs form Guest Services. You can't do one customs form as a family/married couples since you will not be going through customs with you wife. You will each have to declare sperately and the exemption amount with than be person and not combine total as if you were completing a form as married.

Not an issue as long as you and your wife each complete a customs form. You can get a second customs form Guest Services. You can't do one customs form as a family/married couples since you will not be going through customs with you wife. You will each have to declare sperately and the exemption amount with than be person and not combine total as if you were completing a form as married.

I agree with xxoo. If you do perchance utilize all or most of your customs allowance, divvy up the stuff so that you declare and carry off an appropriate amount. Do not leave all or most of it for your wife or vice versa.

I figured the seperate custom forms would be needed. Just curious if you have or anyone else has actually done this scenerio before?

I figured the seperate custom forms would be needed. Just curious if you have or anyone else has actually done this scenerio before?

Suggest that you contact US Customs directly since you have a concern.

Should you choose to debark separately, the important thing is to complete separate forms and make certain that what each one claims on his/hers customs form is packed in that person's suitcase . Claiming something on your Customs form that's packed in your wife's suit case is what's going to be the problem should you be selected for inspection.

There is no such thing as "sleeping in" on the last morning. They'll want you out of the cabin by 8am, and off the ship around 10!

Said the person who consistantly has proven time and time again to be a wealth of mis-information.

There is no such thing as "sleeping in" on the last morning. They'll want you out of the cabin by 8am, and off the ship around 10!

Who even mentioned sleeping in????? :confused:

To the OP, if you do as recommended in this post you should be ok. I am guessing you will do self assist disembark early and let your wife go in a later disembark group. If you are still unsure just check with CBP if it is not a problem to do so.

Who even mentioned sleeping in????? :confused:

The OP!!

ummmmmmmmm...the OP? :rolleyes:

To the OP-- What a sucky way to end a vacation.:D

True but the alternative is not going at all..... and of course I will never get to 100 cruises without some inconveniece along the way.icon10.gif

Archived