Holland America to Introduce a New Promotion Called Explore4

LAFFNVEGAS

Sorry, I don't know how to post as a "quote" ....

When you see something you want to quote, take a look at the lower right hand part of the box the post is in. (go ahead, look now. I'll wait.).

See the three icons? The one on the left is a blue oval with the word "quote" in it. Click on that and a reply box with the entire post in it will appear. Edit out what is not pertinent, being careful not to disturb the brackets and coding, then post what you want below the last set of brackets.

Mary, perhaps call the Mariner Society 1-800-547-9139 and mention this to them. Perhaps they would be willing to offer something for your next sailing, and extend the OBC also....... they may throw in a bottle of wine/Pinnacle Grill dinner as compensation for the previous oversight. Also check they have your email address properly spelled.

Never hurts to try.

Thanks I plan to. I have had company and they leave tomorrow. I will be calling Hal as soon as I drop my friend off. She is also traveling with me. But she has never been on Hal but has been on carnvale. I will let you all know.

Mary

WHAT A JOKE! Just spoke to HAL again (29th July) and have been told that they (HAL Aust) don't know anything about this offer and that it may only apply to US residents. Excuse me but are we all not sailing on the same ship. Last week HAL also advised me that the early advantage fares were due out 2 weeks ago yet as of today still haven't seen them and the guy I spoke to today doesn't know anything about them either. They also advised us today that we were given early advantage fares when we booked our cruise which was 2 DAYS AFTER DATES WERE RELEASED so I have trouble believing this too. Very very disappointed with HAL at the moment. We expected a lot better.

Amazing! Just signed back into HAL website and guess what Explore 4 comes up on the main page so I rang HAL again and spoke to a lovely lady who knew about it and altered our booking to include the offer on our booking. Speak to the right person and things can happen. We're happy again.

Amazing! Just signed back into HAL website and guess what Explore 4 comes up on the main page so I rang HAL again and spoke to a lovely lady who knew about it and altered our booking to include the offer on our booking. Speak to the right person and things can happen. We're happy again.

Markemel - What offer did you get. I logged on to Holland America and it is still showing the old promotion. However I had already rung them this morning and got the promotion added to my South Pacific cruise. When I got the confirmation though it was for $300 OBC only + 1 Pinnacle Meal and the reduced depost, 3rd 4th guest thingee which I don't need.

I rang them back and asked them about the $100 per day per cabin signature drink package and was told that was for UK and US cruisers only and that Australian cruisers were only getting the $300. This combined with the new wine policy has meant I am not a very happy vegemite today. $300 does not go very far to compensate you for not being able to bring more than 2 bottles of wine on board.

would someone kindly post if they can what the explore4 package entails but more importantly which cruises it applies to, if possible that is.

We are on the TA in April for 26 days.

Thank you and ciao,

Nereo.

would someone kindly post if they can what the explore4 package entails but more importantly which cruises it applies to, if possible that is.

We are on the TA in April for 26 days.

Thank you and ciao,

Nereo.

Lisa gives the details in post #1 and there is a pdf attachment listing all the cruises in post #36

Edited by kazu

Thanks to all for the help with "quote". I probably would have found it eventually but I only had about 2 hours sleep the night before and I was a little punchy.

Now to a question. We booked a cruise the day before (yes, the day before) we got the Rexplore4 brochure. I've emailed our online TA and asked to have it added to our cruise which is on the list. Have any of you who've had it added been charged anything additional? Our cruise is more than a year away so there are plenty of cabins if it needs to be cancelled and rebooked but I don't want to have to pay extra, especially since I feel HAL will revise its new "revised" wine policy.

TIA

Thanks to all for the help with "quote". I probably would have found it eventually but I only had about 2 hours sleep the night before and I was a little punchy.

Now to a question. We booked a cruise the day before (yes, the day before) we got the Rexplore4 brochure. I've emailed our online TA and asked to have it added to our cruise which is on the list. Have any of you who've had it added been charged anything additional? Our cruise is more than a year away so there are plenty of cabins if it needs to be cancelled and rebooked but I don't want to have to pay extra, especially since I feel HAL will revise its new "revised" wine policy.

TIA

There should be no additional charges and you do not need to cancel and re-book. HAL just adds the promo to your existing reservation. We had no problems adding it to our 2014 Alaska cruise, but we booked directly with HAL and not a TA.

TIA

Hello Tia,

No extra pay here either, they just added it to our original booking.

Kind regards,

Gina

Hi

I just called Hal and was told I was not to get the prom offer because I had a lower fare, I booked when it was announced. I am paying full fare no sale or OBC. I was told since the fare has gone up I would not allowed to get this so called extraordinary offers. This just might send me to Celebrity My bother sailed on Hal to Panama canal last jan and Celebrity last May. He told me Celebrity was so much better. I go on Amsterdam but with all that is going on I might jump to Celebrity. I wish I could find a good TA. The woman handling these offers said it would not be fare to give me the offer since I am paying a lower fare. I bit my tonuge and ok OK. But am Not happy camper.

Mary

Hi

I just called Hal and was told I was not to get the prom offer because I had a lower fare' date=' I booked when it was announced. I am paying full fare no sale or OBC. I was told since the fare has gone up I would not allowed to get this so called extraordinary offers. This just might send me to Celebrity My bother sailed on Hal to Panama canal last jan and Celebrity last May. He told me Celebrity was so much better. I go on Amsterdam but with all that is going on I might jump to Celebrity. I wish I could find a good TA. The woman handling these offers said it would not be fare to give me the offer since I am paying a lower fare. I bit my tonuge and ok OK. But am Not happy camper.

Mary[/quote']

Mary, keep calling, and be firm.....not all these agents are on the "same page" so to speak and to put it nicely.... I actually knew more about the Explore4 program than one of the agents, and I could feel the ice wall go up when I questioned her information ...... then I get the agents who "make it up as they go along" and I just end the conversation, and call again....sometimes I call Mariner Society number also...

Good luck to you if you pursue the matter.....

Edited by CJcruzer

Thanks so much for the heads-up, Lisa. My TA in the UK had heard nothing of this promotion but made the call to HAL, and we have now had the benefits added to our existing Noordam cruise in February 2014 without on-cost or penalty. If you don't ask, you don't get - so I'm glad I did!!

Thanks so much for the heads-up, Lisa. My TA in the UK had heard nothing of this promotion but made the call to HAL, and we have now had the benefits added to our existing Noordam cruise in February 2014 without on-cost or penalty. If you don't ask, you don't get - so I'm glad I did!!

I'm glad to see someone in the UK has got the promotion. My TA has tried twice today to get it added to our existing booking. Firstly they told her it doesn't apply to UK customers (just the rest of the world it appears!), then they said our cruise is not included in the promo. Well it's listed on the master list at post 36 but they've taken it off of their website in the UK.

Can one of your good folk outside of UK confirm whether they can still see our cruise listed please? (Volendam 7 day inside passage from Vancouver departing 25 June 2014). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Our TA, bless her, is still persisting. :)

7-DAY ROUNDTRIP VANCOUVER

Show Mapmag_white.gif

CRUISE DETAILS

More Savings: Explore4: Enjoy a FREE Signature Beverage Package, FREE specialty restaurant dinner, FREE or reduced cruise fares for 3rd/4th guests and 50% reduced deposit! (learn more) Interior * Ocean-view * Vista Suite * (Verandah Suite) Neptune Suite * (Deluxe Verandah Suite) from US$899 *

per person for

MM category stateroom

from US$1,099 *

per person for

H obstructed view

from US$1,899 *

per person for

BB category stateroom

from US$2,699 *

per person for

SB category stateroom

[

Edited by Windsailer

7-DAY ROUNDTRIP VANCOUVER

Show Mapmag_white.gif

CRUISE DETAILS

More Savings: Explore4: Enjoy a FREE Signature Beverage Package, FREE specialty restaurant dinner, FREE or reduced cruise fares for 3rd/4th guests and 50% reduced deposit! (learn more) Interior * Ocean-view * Vista Suite * (Verandah Suite) Neptune Suite * (Deluxe Verandah Suite) from US$899 *

per person for

MM category stateroom

from US$1,099 *

per person for

H obstructed view

from US$1,899 *

per person for

BB category stateroom

from US$2,699 *

per person for

SB category stateroom

[

That H pricing of 1099 pp is over 300 pp more than this year. Interesting!

I have just gone right off HAL. We were supposedly HAL cheerleaders(!!). We are 4 star and book our cruises early. Despite ticking the box we have never received offers from HAL including the last letter and also seem to score low on board not being invited to cocktail parties or mariners' receptions. And no we do not at present have a cruise booked.

Despite all that we were thinking of Alaska next year on Amsterdam because we really enjoy HAL but had not yet booked awaiting some medical treatment. Having just seen above the US prices for Volendam I think we will pass. We book oceanviews and note that the obstructed view in US is on conversion £680 on the British site it is £968. Thanks but no thanks HAL we will move to someone else.

I do hope someone from HAL reads these boards and comes to realise how much they are damaging their image.

Edited by mancunian

I am happy to say, for now anyway, that we are in no way bothered or upset over the new policy. We are in the planning stages of two more cruises or one lengthy one in 2014. Our vote is for Hal. My drink is the good old stuff called Canadian Club. So far the price for a bottle in the cabin is as good as what we have to pay for it in Canada.

Edited by boards

Hi

I called Hal again and was told I had to pay for the higher rate to get this program. I was very nice. I asked for a supervisor and was told the same thing. I left with me saying this will be my last Hal cruise.

Wait till they fill up the Pinnacle Grill 4th and 5th Mariner's will not be able to make a resevation. How are they going to accommodate over 2,000 passengers wanting to eat there. I love wine with my dinner,but seeing this I just ask for a beer. HAl wants to take advantage of me with cheap wine. I can get wonderful wine at Whole foods for $4.00. But I am not goinf to lug it on a ship. I love the Amsterdam and I really love the crew and this is what brings me back to Hal. But I just started back to cruising and love Hal. But last few days is making me look else where. My last 2 cruises I did as a solo. I might be doing this one as My friends hubby

might be joining us. With the cutting of staff makes me very sad. I am sure other cruises have problems also. But at moment I feel sad. I only have 44 days on Hal. I feel sad for those who are feeling the same thing. I

It will be interesting to see what happens to te World Cruises.

Carnavel ruin Holland American maybe the company wants all her ships to be all the same her party time ships that sell a lot of drinks and people stay up all night drinking than the 60 + plus Pax

HAl are you reading these posts

Mary

Hi

I am still upset. I spent the last 4 years trying to convince my friend to come on a cruise to Alaska with me. I told her about the wonderful service and evrything I enjoyed. If she was not going with me I think my next call to Seattle would be to cancel. I have been looking for month's to take another cruise oh Hal. But I going to look else where. I hate to be nickle and dimed and I also feel its wrong to offer a program to some and not to others. They have my deposit as well as others who booked as soon as this cruise came out so who is making out

Mary

Markemel - What offer did you get. I logged on to Holland America and it is still showing the old promotion. However I had already rung them this morning and got the promotion added to my South Pacific cruise. When I got the confirmation though it was for $300 OBC only + 1 Pinnacle Meal and the reduced depost, 3rd 4th guest thingee which I don't need.

I rang them back and asked them about the $100 per day per cabin signature drink package and was told that was for UK and US cruisers only and that Australian cruisers were only getting the $300. This combined with the new wine policy has meant I am not a very happy vegemite today. $300 does not go very far to compensate you for not being able to bring more than 2 bottles of wine on board.

Unfortunately we only got the $150 pp OBC as we have a verandah booked. Last night we sent an email to HAL head office in the US asking why we Aussies only get $300 compared to the amazing offer US residents are getting. Cost of the cruise we are on in the US is around the same price as we are paying so I have no idea why we are treated differently. It's funny too that HAL no longer allow Aussies to book cruises through US sites (we did back in 2011 but were not allowed with next years cruise). The other thing is that we have not had any early advantage fares released in Australia for 2014 cruises. Last year we received them in late June and there were some great deals. It's going to be interesting to see IF HAL reply to our email and what their answer is.

Hi

I am still upset. I spent the last 4 years trying to convince my friend to come on a cruise to Alaska with me. I told her about the wonderful service and evrything I enjoyed. If she was not going with me I think my next call to Seattle would be to cancel. I have been looking for month's to take another cruise oh Hal. But I going to look else where. I hate to be nickle and dimed and I also feel its wrong to offer a program to some and not to others. They have my deposit as well as others who booked as soon as this cruise came out so who is making out

Mary

I don't blame you for being upset Mary. The same thing has happened on our roll call.

There are some inconsistencies that do not appear to be fair.

Of course, we don't know the dynamics behind it all (better price, etc.) but, it certainly can leave a bad taste in one's mouth.

Explore4 package

I read the offer on the website. The Caribbean cruises receive a $50.00 beverage card versus a "signature beverage card". I don't understand the difference. (Click on terms and conditions for the explanation). It just says the card may be used to purchase $50 worth of beverages where the signature card specifically lists alcholoic drinks. Does beverage card mean soda only? Oh darn!!!

Edited by thepoint
Remove quote