How long to get luggage?

corpkid

Our Marina cruise starts with an overnight in Stockholm, and our indicated embarkation time is 1pm. We will checking out of our hotel that morning, and the plan was to have the hotel hold our bags, do some touring, then retrieve our bags and head to the ship around 4pm, aiming to be on board around 5pm. We have a dinner planned that evening at Red Ginger at 7:30pm with others. How long does it take to get your luggage? I figure the initial rush should be over by then, so I'm hoping not more than an hour (giving us enough time to quickly unpack and shower/dress before dinner).

Thanks!

No one can answer this question. Not even FDR. LOL

I have gotten luggage quickly and not quickly. I imagine there are numerous factors that impact the speed of delivery.

Same experience here on other lines/ports. I guess we'll pack our stuff for dinner in our carry aboard bag just to be safe... Just didn't want to wrinkle everything, but our room is near the laundry room so there should be an iron in there, correct?

Same experience here on other lines/ports. I guess we'll pack our stuff for dinner in our carry aboard bag just to be safe... Just didn't want to wrinkle everything, but our room is near the laundry room so there should be an iron in there, correct?

Two irons and two ironing boards.

I have never used them personally but I have observed them being used. LOL

Two irons and two ironing boards.

I have never used them personally but I have observed them being used. LOL

Thanks! I'm kind of a stickler for well pressed clothing. LOL Call it my mild OCD. :) Hopefully being day 1 there won't be much of a wait to grab one of them... Since you seem to have visited the laundry facilities before, how do the machines work? We will do a few loads 1/2 way through since we will be gone a total of 19 days (4 pre- and 4 post-cruise)? Are they pay per use like a laundromat? I assume there is change machine if so? I also assume being a marine vessel, detergent is provided? Spending 2 hours doing laundry is SO worth not having to overpack!

Thanks! I'm kind of a stickler for well pressed clothing. LOL Call it my mild OCD. :) Hopefully being day 1 there won't be much of a wait to grab one of them... Since you seem to have visited the laundry facilities before, how do the machines work? We will do a few loads 1/2 way through since we will be gone a total of 19 days (4 pre- and 4 post-cruise)? Are they pay per use like a laundromat? I assume there is change machine if so? I also assume being a marine vessel, detergent is provided? Spending 2 hours doing laundry is SO worth not having to overpack!

On Marina there is a laundry on practically every floor. You will not have a problem getting a machine. If the one on your floor is fully occupied, just go up or down one flight.

Detergent is supplied.

They are still using tokens on the R ships, If I recall, they use quarters on the O ships like Marina and you can get change at Reception. $2 a load, wash or dry.

On our first O cruise - 12 days 12 ports - I sent the laundry out. Not willing to spend my valuable time doing laundry. On a cruise with many sea days it is not a big deal.

I thought I'd heard that the O ships changed over to tokens as well?

I myself prefer quarters since it's easy for me to bring a roll along with me ...

Mura

150034.jpg

The Laundry Rooms are gorgeous (as such things go).

The machines are pay per use, and one buys the tokens to use them at the Front Desk.

Detergent is provided, but you might want to throw a few drier sheets into your Suitcase (we put them inside of packed shoes, regardless of if we intend to do laundry or not).

150034.jpg

The Laundry Rooms are gorgeous (as such things go).

The machines are pay per use, and one buys the tokens to use them at the Front Desk.

Detergent is provided, but you might want to throw a few drier sheets into your Suitcase (we put them inside of packed shoes, regardless of if we intend to do laundry or not).

THANKS! I'm just as happy to sit there watching my clothes spin around and reading my kindle for a few hours as can be. PLUS - it's a nice courtesy to not leave your stuff in there when the cycle ends. I lived in a very large apartment building in NYC while I was in my early 20's and it had 5 washers/dryers and we learned the rules early if you don't want your stuff crammed into a corner on the floor. LOL And of course(!) we always pack a little ziplock with dryer sheets... :) Thanks again all. Sounds like we have a plan.

The machines have a timer so I just check the time & go off to do other things ..I make sure I take my watch (I never wear one at home)

I go back a few minutes before the load is done repeat the process for the dryer

They do have a TV in the laundry room as well

It really is not a hardship for me to do laundry on a cruise as long as I save weight in my luggage

We usually board after 2pm & usually have the luggage by 5pm ...I am unpacked by Muster Drill ;)

We are in the lower Cat cabins

Lyn

In that photo the blue box on the left is the soap dispenser on the O-class ships. You press the button ONCE and it dispenses liquid into the cup below. You then pour that into your machine's soap dispenser. If you press the button twice it will overflow the cup spilling slippery liquid on the floor. Often there is s small towel on the floor below to catch the drips.

On the R-ships the soap is sent directly into the machine from the dispenser but you must remember to press the button. It can be overlooked

Our Marina cruise starts with an overnight in Stockholm, and our indicated embarkation time is 1pm. We will checking out of our hotel that morning, and the plan was to have the hotel hold our bags, do some touring, then retrieve our bags and head to the ship around 4pm, aiming to be on board around 5pm. We have a dinner planned that evening at Red Ginger at 7:30pm with others. How long does it take to get your luggage? I figure the initial rush should be over by then, so I'm hoping not more than an hour (giving us enough time to quickly unpack and shower/dress before dinner).

Thanks!

If you board that late, you may not need to drop off your luggage at all and can simply take it with you to check-in and directly on to your cabin.

That's what happened for us when we boarded in BsAs at around 5pm.

Thank you all! We did just what many of you have suggested on Azamara (R Class) on our last trip. A drink in hand? Yup. A curtious demeanor in the laundry? Yup.... It isn't that hard to be a "good citizen"

i have had Concierge Cabins and gotten my luggage immediately and had PH and waited until after we sailed. Concierge cabins and above pay for that perk. I ALWAYS pack two extra sets of clothing in the event my luggage is late and/or lost and don't' stress.

On Riviera last Dec there was a change machine in the laundry room. If no change machine you will need to get tokens from reception..$2 per wash $2 per dry.

Watch out for irons, they tend to spill water on your clothes. There is a bucket to catch the overflow detergent.

We don't mind doing laundry on our trips,beats paying excess luggage fees and the facilities on the O ships are nice...if you are into laundry rooms that is.;)

Archived