Bringing Unlimited Wine Policy Officially Change Yesterday

LAFFNVEGAS

That's the problem. Usually I'm sitting at a larger table and the wine is tucked away somewhere where I can't see it. I had another person at the table pour me some and they couldn't have cared less but it wasn't that apparent. If I get out of my chair I think that would be more noticable. They just don't seem to care. I know people say it hasn't happened to them but what reason would I have for lying? About the only thing left is getting up on the table and screaming for the guy:D.

I doubt anyone's challenging you veracity. My question is whether this is an exceptional occurrence or do you experience it frequently? I've experienced just the opposite where servers are over-zealous in refilling glasses to the point where it seems like they are trying to "push" wine sales.

I think in traditional they get to know the crowd quick because it doesn't change. In open its new everyday so it likely throws them off.

This is very likely true. We had open dining and had no problem getting our wine, however, we seemed to go every day for dinner around the same time and ended up with the same wine steward in the same section, so that may be why. Maybe fixed dining is better, and open gets them confused with people coming and going at different times at different tables.

How is it coming along?

Hey there,

Only started on it two nights ago, i just got back from 2 weeks of traveling for work and just had gotten my laptop back from best buy...Its crazy crazy wedding & event season. So I've really only been playing with it for a couple hours. Its pretty simple so i can prob email something tonight or tomorrow when i get home. Ive been hanging from my ankles and my little cell phone just wont do when i have breaks lol. Need a keyboard. Its just pretty much that list that we were talking about with only one paragraph explaining that NCL and PCL have the same policy we are asking for. I will need some help with a compelling ending. All my inspiration is being spent on my three events this week. Lol. I feel brain dead.

Edited by surfergirle

Did you expect him to say that HAL had egg on their face, and Seattle was terribly embarrassed? :confused:

The fact is that cruisers reported returning to the ship to find the new policy enforced. A sign announcing the new policy was posted at the ship's gangway, and a photo of that was posted for the world (at least that part of the world reading CC) to see.

When the original new policy was found and posted, there was no date of January 31, 2014 in it. That date appeared later.

Perpetuated on CC? Certainly. A fallacy? No.

No way. I have an email from the ships coordinator stating otherwise. I can post it here is need be, it was pushed back later to reflect that date.

I have this proof in writing if anyone wants it. It was definitely not started here on CC.

Edited by surfergirle

Did you expect him to say that HAL had egg on their face, and Seattle was terribly embarrassed? :confused:

The fact is that cruisers reported returning to the ship to find the new policy enforced. A sign announcing the new policy was posted at the ship's gangway, and a photo of that was posted for the world (at least that part of the world reading CC) to see.

When the original new policy was found and posted, there was no date of January 31, 2014 in it. That date appeared later.

Perpetuated on CC? Certainly. A fallacy? No.

You know that I did all of that. This was at the Q and A session at the end of the cruise. Most of the people there were the 4 stars. I got invited because of organizing the Meet and Greet. Most of the people had a lot to say about the wine policy. I did not know there was a photo of the rules posted. Wish I knew that before our trip. I was just going by what Kirk said. IMHO, after meeting him, I believe he is someone who isn't going to get things mixed up. The hotel manager was so mad....he really intimidated me!! I did let him know that he was going to lose passengers to other lines because what HAL offers is really no different than on other lines, other than the liberal wine policy. Also, the cruise director and shore excursion manager played dumb about the policy change. Really...that was the main focus of the meeting. There were a few comments about the quality and selection of the food, but no one really gave that person any support.

Again, wish I knew about the photo, so I had a leg to stand on.

According to the hotel manager on Prinsendam as of a few days ago, that was a fallacy perpetuated by us at CC. He was extremely annoyed. He was quite adamant that the information he received from Seattle was always Jan. of 14.

It might have been meant for Jan 14th Linda - but the 'know before you go' was changed the day that Lisa originally started this thread. This was not perpetuated by cc. HAL screwed up. period. Appreciate you representing us at the question and answer period. Glad to hear that others were concerned too at the meeting. Maybe the message will get through? (yeah, right:rolleyes:)

Hey there everyone, i see today that someone has started one, should i finish mine so we have two or should we just have one?

Im willing! Just went a month without a keyboard lol.

Please any input thanks!

It couldn't hurt could it?? The more they have to read the better:)

It might have been meant for Jan 14th Linda - but the 'know before you go' was changed the day that Lisa originally started this thread. This was not perpetuated by cc. HAL screwed up. period. Appreciate you representing us at the question and answer period. Glad to hear that others were concerned too at the meeting. Maybe the message will get through? (yeah, right:rolleyes:)

Also Taxmantoo posted this on the other thread in Post Number 11..

Quote" Originally Posted by KirkNC viewpost.gif

Our cruise started on the 14th, I would not swear the sign was up at the beginning but it was definitely up after a few days. I did not pay much attention to it until after I had brought a bottle onboard in Monaco in my backpack which they allowed without question. Then the next day I read the sign more closely and realized I should not have been allowed to do that.

We were on the same cruise. When we came onboard on the 14th, we brought on 10 bottles in our carry-ons. We were stopped by a wine steward and told we could only bring on one each. I argued until he called a supervisor and we were then allowed on with our bottles and no further delay. The staff had obviously been made aware of the new policy but not the date or the wine steward at boarding was just confused. UNQuote

Agree with Ruth & you Kazu....The Prinsendam Hotel Mgr may have denied any confusion & have known the correct date but other people obviously did not know the correct date...This is what taxmantoo said in post no. 11 of the other thread back in July: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...7#post39332417

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirkNC viewpost.gif

Our cruise started on the 14th, I would not swear the sign was up at the beginning but it was definitely up after a few days. I did not pay much attention to it until after I had brought a bottle onboard in Monaco in my backpack which they allowed without question. Then the next day I read the sign more closely and realized I should not have been allowed to do that.

We were on the same cruise. When we came onboard on the 14th, we brought on 10 bottles in our carry-ons. We were stopped by a wine steward and told we could only bring on one each. I argued until he called a supervisor and we were then allowed on with our bottles and no further delay. The staff had obviously been made aware of the new policy but not the date or the wine steward at boarding was just confused. UNQUOTE

Agree HAL screwed up Royally & no matter what Hotel Mgrs, stewards etc deny, their new policy was not clear when they issued it.. Betty

Edited by serendipity1499

I doubt anyone's challenging you veracity. My question is whether this is an exceptional occurrence or do you experience it frequently? I've experienced just the opposite where servers are over-zealous in refilling glasses to the point where it seems like they are trying to "push" wine sales.

I wish they would push. Pretty much every cruise I've had since I've switched to open has been like this. When I cruise on Princess, I never have a problem and the waiters do the serving. Frankly, I just don't get why they are so slow. The last one was "busy" making oragami animals and taking pictures:rolleyes:.

The last one was "busy" making oragami animals and taking pictures:rolleyes:.

I wish they would eliminate the animal towels instead of some of the other benefits that are really meaningful. After one or two cruises, I believe guests have seen enough animal towels to last a lifetime. At least, allow each cabin the choice of whether they want the towels or not. But I guess this is a subject for another thread.

Agree HAL screwed up Royally & no matter what Hotel Mgrs, stewards etc deny, their new policy was not clear when they issued it.. Betty

Oh, I think their new policy was very clear when they issued it. It was changed to a same policy that was also clear, but with one change: the implementation date was pushed back.

The official line might be that HAL "forgot" to mention the January implementation date, but I don't believe that for one second. They aren't that stupid. :rolleyes:

If you care about the actual policy going into effect in 2014, please sign the petition. Add all your thoughts, suggestions, vents and rants in the blog or in the comment section.

I think that might be more effective (if it's effective at all:o)

The petition is at:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save-hal-reputation/

Dear HAL

Please reconsider and allow us to bring a bottle of wine on board in foreign ports

We have 98 days booked in 2014 on the Rotterdam and Maasdam and tons of

foreign ports to visit.

Buying a couple bottles of local wines are a very big part of our cruise experience.

Could you please allow us the same freedom to bring wine onboard as your new rule allows

in the embarkation port???

Dear HAL

Please reconsider and allow us to bring a bottle of wine on board in foreign ports

We have 98 days booked in 2014 on the Rotterdam and Maasdam and tons of

foreign ports to visit.

Buying a couple bottles of local wines are a very big part of our cruise experience.

Could you please allow us the same freedom to bring wine onboard as your new rule allows

in the embarkation port???

Have you actually sent this to HAL? Putting it on here is not enough on its own. Who knows what HAL gets to see from Cruise Critic. Now if you posted the same on their Facebook page they do see that.

Mumsy.

Have you actually sent this to HAL? Putting it on here is not enough on its own. Who knows what HAL gets to see from Cruise Critic. Now if you posted the same on their Facebook page they do see that.

Mumsy.

I did send it to HAL via snail mail ( a longer version)

I have no idea how to use facdbook

Edited by earljr

Perhaps they were staying in the Penthouse and entertaining a number of their friends! We all know what happens when you assume:o

Yes, people pipe in with a list of excuses........

I was in the penthouse on my last cruise. For the first time in almost 300 days with Hal I brought one bottle of wine on. Is it a prerequisite to bring lots of wine on when you are in the ph. Maybe they were in an inside room and drank like fish. You know what happens when you assume .......

Edited by lorekauf

IMO giving parties is not "personal consumption", and therefore not allowed with wine brought aboard.

So let me get this straight...you're not allowed to entertain in your room (whatever room it may be), with a wine of your choice of which HAL does not carry???? Seriously people.........

Wake,

Lets make a bet. I bet that for every snarky comment you make, you can not make a helpful informative and courteous one? I would be so shocked for you to be helpful, that if you did, i would buy you a bottle of mumm or nicolas feuillatte to be delivered to your stateroom upon embarkation on your next hal cruise. Im a very serious gal and rarely joke. So im serious. Wana have a go?

This used to be a great informative place for cruising info.

Now the first page has 8 wine threads 2 wine petitions, a guy that was denied a can of beer and wants a street named after him,

And chocolates that aren't up to snuff.

If the sight could get back to being useful

I'll buy you a CASE of wine.

Yes I know I can skip over these threads but they're completely dominating and smothering the boards.