Guarantee balcony?

We currently have 3 of us in room 7630, balcony. We are adding a 4th person, and can do this for about $200, IF we do a balcony guarantee. Would you do it???

Yes, you will get at least a balcony....or above and it will sleep 4. Location is the only change. Enjoy. :)

Are people generally happy with guarantee rooms? Do you usually get an upgrade? Thanks!

There is no promise of any upgrade but RCI will assign you a balcony. You get what you pay for and generally a little more. You will be on a cruise! Freedom is a large ship so odds are good you will like the result unless the fourth person isn't worth giving up your mid ship location.

Are people generally happy with guarantee rooms? Do you usually get an upgrade? Thanks!

Depends on the ship. For Freedom, I don't think there's a bad balcony. I would not be expecting an upgrade.

I was just worried about an aft balcony that might have soot....also do aft rooms shake and vibrate all the time, or just when the engines are "full speed ahead?"

I believe aft balconies are prime real estate and usually the first to go... No worries

We currently have 3 of us in room 7630, balcony. We are adding a 4th person, and can do this for about $200, IF we do a balcony guarantee. Would you do it???

Can you do a balcony guarantee for 4?

I just read on another thread where the cruiser got a balcony guarantee and than switched the room assignment to another location. I didn't realize this could be done. I would like to hear your experience of doing exchanges.

I just read on another thread where the cruiser got a balcony guarantee and than switched the room assignment to another location. I didn't realize this could be done. I would like to hear your experience of doing exchanges.

As long as the room you want to switch to is in the same category there is no problem (unless you live in the UK where you aren't allowed to switch)

We have switched staterooms, like the others said it has to be in the same category.

Three cabins in our family (group) took the Cat X balcony guarantee for our March 2014 cruise. So far two cabins were assigned (within a week of booking), both E2's on Deck 6 mid shipish to forward. We looked up available cabins and both were switched to center humps on deck 7. :D

My sister booked the same Cat X last week. So far her cabin has not been assigned. As soon as it is and if it's not near all the rest of us on deck 7, we'll get her moved too.

Cathy

How do you get a balcony "x" oceanview w/ more than two people? Do you need to call rccl? Right now I have three people in a D3 ov balcony and there is an "x" available. What's the lowest catagory I could get w/ an "x". Sorry can't remember what the E's are?

Update: welllll, RCI has it all figured out! Since we already have a balcony room assigned for four people, and right now we only have three in the room, they won't let us change to a guarantee balcony. Then we tried getting two cabins, an inside guarantee and a balcony guarantee, and the only thing they would let us do is get an inside guarantee and keep the balcony we have, which would still be too expensive.

Soooo, I guess we squeeze the fourth person into the room we have now. Sigh. Oh well, it was worth a shot!

Archived