What do you do first once on board?

jetstorm

If there's another thread about the same topic I couldn't find it using the search option so please forgive me if this is a repeat topic. I was just curious what others think of as "must do first" once they board the ship. I know many will say head to the buffet or dining room or check out their cabin but I'm sure some of you have other ideas many of us would love to know about so please share your favorites.

If there's another thread about the same topic I couldn't find it using the search option so please forgive me if this is a repeat topic. I was just curious what others think of as "must do first" once they board the ship. I know many will say head to the buffet or dining room or check out their cabin but I'm sure some of you have other ideas many of us would love to know about so please share your favorites.

On Princess, for us, it is head straight to "The Sanctuary" and block book each day for the duration of the Cruise (there is a discount that makes it attractive). Potential Sunbed availability problems solved! - Arrive when you wish and your reserved Sunbed awaits you! - Space and more space [no sardine tin impressions]- Great juices and a wonderful afternoon tea (English Style) - Gowns and Towels etc. - One is truly looked after by discreet but attentive staff.

Yes, there are several threads dealing with this. My first thing, after dropping my carry-ons on the bed, is to call the DINE line to book a seat at the Chef's Table.

On Princess, for us, it is head straight to "The Sanctuary" and block book each day for the duration of the Cruise (there is a discount that makes it attractive). Potential Sunbed availability problems solved! - Arrive when you wish and your reserved Sunbed awaits you! - Space and more space [no sardine tin impressions]- Great juices and a wonderful afternoon tea (English Style) - Gowns and Towels etc. - One is truly looked after by discreet but attentive staff.

Can you reserve this before you sail and perhaps pay in advance, or does it have to be done once you are onboard?

We have not sailed the Caribbean Princess in a number of years and I don't think they had the Sanctuary at that time.

Sounds wonderful ! Thanks!

Can you reserve the Sanctuary prior to sailing?

It sounds wonderful! We have not sailed on Princess since this was added.

Can you reserve the Sanctuary prior to sailing?

It sounds wonderful! We have not sailed on Princess since this was added.

Reserve specialty dining and as soon as luggage arrives, unpack. Once I have everything in place I feel like I am on vacation. Yes, I know that is weird.

Can you reserve this before you sail and perhaps pay in advance, or does it have to be done once you are onboard?

We have not sailed the Caribbean Princess in a number of years and I don't think they had the Sanctuary at that time.

Sounds wonderful ! Thanks!

4 weeks ago (Royal) we had to book live on board. It is a true Sanctuary!

For those who have not booked in advance and wish to book day by day, have to Q every morning [Q starts approx. 06.00], for any spare beds.

You will meet some very nice people in the S ;-)

Happy to help!

Sorry - Forgot to indicate the discounted price - USD 20.00 per person, per day, for the duration of Cruise - OMHO best value for money on Princess.

My first cruise, which is also the only cruise I have been on so far, the first thing I did was have a drink, enjoyed the scenery and checked out the main deck. I then had another drink and another. Man was I shocked when I found out about the Muster Drill and it was a mandatory attendance.(Never knew about the Muster Drill prior) Now I know to wait to start "enjoying" the cruise until after that. :D

Along with dropping carry-ons in cabin and putting valuables in safe, we will in future call for specialty restaurant reservations on formal nights. (I want to stop struggling to pack and carry formal clothes and an otherwise useless pair of size 12 black shoes -- not needed for the specialty restaurants.) Then go to the library as soon as it opens to search through the limited selection before everything of interest is gone.

John

Reserve specialty dining and as soon as luggage arrives, unpack. Once I have everything in place I feel like I am on vacation. Yes, I know that is weird.

No not weird at all,I also can't relax and enjoy the cruise until I've called to book Sabatinis and unpacked all my stuff

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

As soon as we step on board, we grab the house phone and call dining to get dinner reservations and get our names put in for the Chef's Table.

Then, off to the room, drop off our carry on luggage, touch everything in the room and check out the view!

Drinks next!

If the luggage is in the room, and "sometimes" part of it is, we will put it away first. If something which we generally carry in our carry on luggage needs to be put in the safe, we will do it then also. We will then head for something to eat. We may come back and see if the rest of the luggage is there, and if so, put it away also.

Archived