Favorite "inside" cabin ??

travellink

I stayed in 1100 a cat 9 cabin on the Eclipse, it was my first inside after always choosing a balcony and it was great, I would book an inside again :D the cabin was much wider than a balcony cabin and very peaceful. It felt very roomy

Edited by DebbieMacG

Oops, sorry, that's an oxymoron for me. I am such a water lover, that to not be on a veranda, I would go kind of nuts - to be so near the water, and yet so far. Those moments on the veranda VERY early in the morning as we approach our port - my husband is still asleep, I go out on the veranda and watch the approach, often seeing the port employees and the ship's personnel working together to tie up the ship - I really love that stuff. Plus at night, we always leave our balcony door open, just enough, to be able to hear the sound of the surf - really lulls us to sleep, so peaceful and good for the soul, at least for us. I also love the moments on the veranda late at night - after dinner and the show, sitting on the veranda watching the stars, often pulling out the star guide on our iPad to see which constellations we are looking at - love the privacy. And then there's the morning coffee on our veranda before a shore excursion - while one of us is getting dressed the other can sit outside sipping coffee, etc - it's just so fabulous, for us, an integral part of the cruise experience, so much so, that we have said that if we couldn't get a veranda, then we would not cruise. If we plan enough in advance, the price is often not that much more, all things considered.

The vast majority of our cruises have been inside cabins. We enjoy the darkness for easy sleeping, reduced wind noise, and the lower cost allows us to cruise more! Balconies are an unnecessary luxury for us.

Our favorite insides are on the M-class, 2108 or thereabouts. Have sailed in that area on multiple ships. To us it's the perfect location... minimal ship movement and being on the bottom deck makes it always easy to get an elevator!

We have only been on the Infinity, but cabin 8073 worked fine for us. We are usually Hal inside cabins cruisers and were concerned whether the size (sq. footage) would be okay and it was. We would do it again if the right cruise comes along.

Oops, sorry, that's an oxymoron for me. I am such a water lover, that to not be on a veranda, I would go kind of nuts - to be so near the water, and yet so far. Those moments on the veranda VERY early in the morning as we approach our port - my husband is still asleep, I go out on the veranda and watch the approach, often seeing the port employees and the ship's personnel working together to tie up the ship - I really love that stuff. Plus at night, we always leave our balcony door open, just enough, to be able to hear the sound of the surf - really lulls us to sleep, so peaceful and good for the soul, at least for us. I also love the moments on the veranda late at night - after dinner and the show, sitting on the veranda watching the stars, often pulling out the star guide on our iPad to see which constellations we are looking at - love the privacy. And then there's the morning coffee on our veranda before a shore excursion - while one of us is getting dressed the other can sit outside sipping coffee, etc - it's just so fabulous, for us, an integral part of the cruise experience, so much so, that we have said that if we couldn't get a veranda, then we would not cruise. If we plan enough in advance, the price is often not that much more, all things considered.

I don't mean to be rude just puzzled. The OP is asking why people like inside cabins your post is all about why you like a balcony and why you would never try an inside. That's not what was asked :confused:

We had "new" inside cabin on Deck 11 on Summit soon after her refurbishment in 2012 when they added Aqua cabins, some of which are on Deck 11. There are only a few inside cabins there and the location is great--there are outside stairs that lead directly to buffet restaurant (sorry, the name escapes me!). We are booked in the same cabin [1143] for B2B cruises late Oct/early Nov 2013, along with two other couples who also re-booked the same cabins they had in 2012.

I've had both balconies and insides. We almost always book an inside. We spend such little time in our cabin that its usually not worth paying the extra for the balcony. With an inside, I get a better nights sleep due to the room being so dark.

On the Summit we booked an inside cabin that is sideways. I don't recall the exact cabin number but if you look at a deck plan cabin 2174 would be an example of one. These cabins are more spacious because of the layout.

We usually book the cheapest inside cabin available unless its in an undesirable area on the ship. We prefer to be midship, on a lower deck and near the stairs if possible.

• 4 months later...

I was wondering what people who choose inside cabins consider the main reasons they choose them over others and I found my answers. This was a great read. Thanks.

I would think that pulling into port is like opening a gift every day you do so. You don't know what you will see until you come out on deck. Nice!

The most recent inside cabin I have been in was 3160 on REFLECTION.

That was a year ago and I really liked the location. It is starboard,

near the Passport Bar, deck 3. Good size cabin and for 3 nights it was

just fine:)

Next month I am going on Century on a b2b...the first leg is only 3

nights and I have an inside for that one too...9118. The 2nd leg is

8 nights and I am moving to a balcony for that one;)

The short one will be just fine...it was much less $$$ for 3 nights to

just do an inside...and luckly for me, the balcony is only 4 cabins

away:D so the move should be easy peasy:D

I like any inside cabin on Deck 3 on an M-Class that's in the "bow" half of the ship. We always request a cabin here. I don't know why, but each time we've stayed there, it's been quiet and "out of the way," and felt kind of exclusive. No one seems to cut through this area to get to something else. Yet...it's located really conveniently to Guest Services, Excursions, and the main dining room.

We like interior cabins because we like to spend our money on land, rather than our on-board accommodations.

Much is written on the boards about one's favorite balcony ,etc, cabin, but what is your favorite inside cabin and why (besides cost)? Cabin # and ship's name please!

There is far too much to do, and far too many people to meet, on a half billion dollar cruise ship sailing the oceans and visiting exotic locations. The only time I spend in my cabin is to sleep and shower, so I only book an inside. If you are flexible with your schedule/travel plans, you can get an inside cabin on Celebrity for $35 to $55 per night.

On both S Class AND M Class, my preferred location is deck three forward, starboard side. The rooms are incredibly efficient as well as comfortable, beds are arranged port/stbd.

I have done three 15 night cruises in that location, (3038 on Infinity, 3156 on Solstice, and 3086 on Constellation) there is VERY little traffic in the passageway, and there is almost NO noise. :)

(Not to mention it puts the Martini Bar and/or the Passport Bar VERY close in terms of both space and time! :D)

Deck three makes for fast and easy embark/debark, and is halfway between the forward and midship stairs/elevators allowing you to be anywhere on the ship in 2-3 minutes. It also provides two completely independent escape routes in case of emergencies.

Also did two 15 nighters on "higher deck" insides and both were exceptionally quiet. (1070 on Reflection and 9332 on Silhouette.) The rooms feel MUCH larger but the extra space is not used very efficiently. Beds are arranged fore&aft.

The Reflection room was great in that I could be in the gym in 60 seconds.

Edited by teecee60

Great thread. Our daughter is thinking of joining us on our Around the UK cruise and we need to look at a cabin for her.

When she was in college, she cruised with us and we shared a cabin. Got a CC because it was a bit larger. She told me she'd not come back to the cabin when we wanted it to ourselves, and that was nice. What she'd forgot to mention was she'd be sleeping in til Noon or later every day. Ha!

So when she said she may join us, I volunteered to pay the difference if she went to a single. She's looking at Insides on the Infinity. There are some on deck 2 and 3 open , and since a number of posters have said they liked them, will go with those.

Thanks!

Fully understand going w Insides. We'd do it on port-extensive cruises, but I'd spent way too much time in "staterooms" on Navy ships and all are Inside, so I need that horizon to look out at!

Den

Edited by Denny01

Great thread. Our daughter is thinking of joining us on our Around the UK cruise and we need to look at a cabin for her.

When she was in college, she cruised with us and we shared a cabin. Got a CC because it was a bit larger. She told me she'd not come back to the cabin when we wanted it to ourselves, and that was nice. What she'd forgot to mention was she'd be sleeping in til Noon or later every day. Ha!

So when she said she may join us, I volunteered to pay the difference if she went to a single. She's looking at Insides on the Infinity. There are some on deck 2 and 3 open , and since a number of posters have said they liked them, will go with those.

Thanks!

Fully understand going w Insides. We'd do it on port-extensive cruises, but I'd spent way too much time in "staterooms" on Navy ships and all are Inside, so I need that horizon to look out at!

Den

Denny, look at the "new insides" on Deck 3. The are starboard

and go from 3112-3144. I know folks who have stayed in them

and give that area a big thumbs up:)

Denny, look at the "new insides" on Deck 3. The are starboard

and go from 3112-3144. I know folks who have stayed in them

and give that area a big thumbs up:)

Lois,

The cabins you mention are all ocean view cabins. Isn't the OP talking about inside cabins? :confused:

Lois,

The cabins you mention are all ocean view cabins. Isn't the OP talking about inside cabins? :confused:

Hi Beth.:).........omg:eek:...am so sorry.....I thought Denny was

asking about oceanviews......I got that wrong too:rolleyes:......

I will now go back to the corner......:o

Edited by Lois R

LOL! :D (You can come out of the corner now!) :)

Those are nice cabins. I'll make sure I dont mention them to my daughter!

Lois, you've booked singles, how does it work? Do we end up basically pay for the SR by paying double? Any options beyond that?

Den

Those are nice cabins. I'll make sure I dont mention them to my daughter!

Lois, you've booked singles, how does it work? Do we end up basically pay for the SR by paying double? Any options beyond that?

Den

Den, you pay twice the normal fare and only 1 set of port charges and taxes. Only exception to that is sailings that sometimes appear on the Tuesday deals for a reduced single supplement. They don't seem to do a lot of that unless they're REALLY anxious to get rid of the cabins.