Allure questions re shows.

This is for anyone who's been on the Allure.

I'm wondering just how important is is to book the shows ahead of time? Do I really need to book all of these, if I want to see them? Can you just show up, and still get in most of the time?

Does booking them ahead get you a specific seat or does it just get you in the door?

And while I know about the musical Chicago and the Ice Games, (assuming the Ice Games is like an Ice Capades) But I'm wondering what these other shows are like: "OceanArea", "Blue Planet" and "Headliner Show" ?

Anything you can tell me would be helpful.

Oh, also the Comedy shows, they have two or three showings a night. I'm wondering if those are all the same show, or different each night. Do these book up too?

I'm wondering just how important is is to book the shows ahead of time? Do I really need to book all of these, if I want to see them? Can you just show up, and still get in most of the time?

Does booking them ahead get you a specific seat or does it just get you in the door?

And while I know about the musical Chicago and the Ice Games, (assuming the Ice Games is like an Ice Capades) But I'm wondering what these other shows are like: "OceanArea", "Blue Planet" and "Headliner Show" ?

Oh, also the Comedy shows, they have two or three showings a night. I'm wondering if those are all the same show, or different each night. Do these book up too?

Booking shows just gets you in the door, no specific seat reservations.

Important to book the comedy shows because they are a very small venue. Only one show needs to be booked, they are all the same two comedians.

Booking a show reservation in advance is a good idea especially for a show you are really interested in. In my opinion the OceanAria Show is excellent. I thought it was the best show on the ship. As Bob mentioned the comedy club is a small venue and fills up fast.

The way I look at it is book the shows you think you want to attend, then if your plans change once onboard switch if you can or go stand by. If things all work out you are good, nothing extra to do.

As for the comedy show, and actually any show onboard, each time is the same, you book one time and you are good. The comedy show is one to book early if at all possible as it fills quickly and is usually the most difficult to get in standby.

relax, i have done this cruise twice in the last two months and the experience I have had is to book the shows you absolutely do not want to miss ahead of time and the rest, if you get there 1/2 hour ahead of time you most likely will get a seat. That is how it was last week anyhow, just chill and have a great vacation!

We were on a fully booked Allure cruise last year and I somehow forgot to book the shows and when I checked a few days before the trip, only a few inconvenient show times were available.

We then arrived at the port just before Security opened at 10:30 and were on board just after 11, I went to Studio 9 right away (the staff there didn't even know that passengers were boarding yet) and got free choice of show times, including for the comedy show.

So I think if you can make it to the port early, it doesn't really matter if you reserve the show times online, as they keep space available for all shows for people to book on board. But of course, once boarding starts, those might be gone pretty fast as well.

You can also google the shows if you want to get a look at what there are.. Totally agree that the aqua show is by far the very best!!

Everyone has their own opinion. We loved Blue Planet the best. All were great, I wouldn't miss any. Even did repeats on all when we sailed Allure twice.

Booking shows just gets you in the door, no specific seat reservations.

Important to book the comedy shows because they are a very small venue. Only one show needs to be booked, they are all the same two comedians.

To add to Bob's statement, I've seen a few people get into the comedy show by just showing up, thought it is usually a very small number and if there are two of you, don't plan on sitting together if you do get in. If you are a large group, or want a seat some what close or center I reservations help. The aqua theater show is also a smaller venue so if you want good seats, dry seats, or comfortable seats definitely reserve. Especially if the shows earlier in the week get canceled.

we were on the Oasis two years ago and even though I felt like I was over planning by booking all the shows...I'm glad I did. A little aggravation ahead of time saved me a lot of aggravation standing in the stand by line(and the lines start forming early) and the whole time your thinking of no what if I'm wasting my precious time standing here for 1/2 an hour only to have them let the person in front of me have the last seat. If you book ahead though I would still get to the venue at least halh hour or 20 minutes early to get a choice of seats...the difference is you get right in after they scan your sea pass card (your advance reservations will be downloaded to it.)

We just got off of Allure. We booked last minute, so the only show we were able to reserve online before the cruise was Chicago. When we got on the ship we were able to get reservations for the other shows. But we did not see a show where the walk-ins were not accommodated. We saw the comedy show on the second day because we had reservations for later in the cruise but we had some free time and were walking by when the show was about to start and just walked in. The venue was about half full. For the last couple of days, we had a lot of shows planned and they were not even checking reservations. We walked into Ice Games, Blue Planet, and Headliners and they did not care if we had reservations. This was at the end. So my conclusion was that we really did not need reservations for any of the shows, but I felt better knowing that we had them. If you do get reservations, and have times that you are not crazy about, I would definitely show up 20 minutes before the show you want to get into and chances are you will get in.

Does the reservations show up on the interactive TV or do you have to memorised what you have reserved on which day at which time?

On Oasis and Allure the interactive TV can be used to show your personal calendar of events. You can also print out your schedule from Royal's web site before the cruise.

To wait until you board to reserve shows will put you in lines most of the time. That's why it's best to reserve ahead of time online.

You can usually get in shows (except for the comedy, without reservations, but you'll definitely be in the "cheap" seats.

IMHO I would book the shows as early as possible. It will be one less thing you have to do once you get on the ship. As many have already said, the comedy show is a small venue but they do have an open show (no res needed) on the last night of sailing in the theater. It is a PG rated version of the show in the comedy club. IMO if you only see one show, don't miss OceanAria. It is fantastic!

You don't NEED to book them. What they do is open up the theatre to those without bookings 15 minutes before the show starts. If you have booked, you need to claim your seat before then. A booking doesn't confirm a particular seat, those are first come first served. If you are really keen for a particular seat, eg front row, you probably should book and aim to get there at least 30 mins before. I have never not been able to get into a show when I haven't reserved. I think the main advantage of booking is if you particularly want a good seat, because then you can get in early and get it. Also, there is no disadvantage to booking, you don't get penalized for not turning up. I would book for everything, and then just see whether you feel like going on the night.

The exception is the Comedy show. You are lucky if you can get a seat for that Without a reservation. They do have the same system, but the venue is very small. Usually by the time all the people with reservations have got in, there's only a few seats left. The comedy shows are approximately the same, if it is the same comedian (sometimes there are two different ones) but they do vary a little from show to show because they tend to interact with the audience.

Oceanaria, IIRC, is a cirque du soleil type show and blue planet is a "songs and spectacle" show with the main singer plus dancers plus some neat special effects. If I'm absolutely honest, I wasn't madly keen on it, I thought it was a bit over sentimental, but I would definitely recommend seeing it at least once.

ABSOLUTELY pre-book ALL the shows on-line prior to leaving.. Do it as soon as it's available.. I believe 90 days before. ALL the shows were fantastic...it saves you waiting in line when you board the ship... I would book the Aqua show on the 3 night or 4th, when you are further SOUTH and it would be warmer sitting outside at the outdoor Aqua Theater. The comedy shows are different each night. Best entertainment on any ship we have ever been on..and we have done over 30 cruises on many different cruise lines. If you change your mind, you can always go on the cabin TV and change your reservation...easier than going to the box office and standing in line.. And you can go as a standby to any show,in case you want to see a second show in one night. If you have a reservation for a show, and don't show up 15 min. or a half hour (I forget which one) ahead of time, they start letting stand-bys in who will take your seat 15 min. before showtime. So be on time!

Archived