Royal.....inside cabins

oratheeexplorer

Hi There

There are not a lot of insides, as you go down hallways there are

not loads of insides opposite outsides like other ships,

you get two types sideways or normal ones.

the insides appeared to be built in little groups.

yours Shogun

Hi There

There are not a lot of insides, as you go down hallways there are

not loads of insides opposite outsides like other ships,

you get two types sideways or normal ones.

the insides appeared to be built in little groups.

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun, that's what I noticed too....I wonder if the ones that are sideways have more room in them....maybe someone would know the answer to that question.....just looking and dreaming of someday cruising on the Royal.....we have had balcony rooms on our 3 cruises we have been on....but the prices for balconies on the Royal right now are outrageous.....maybe in a few years they will go down....hah!

Take care,

Laura

I had always wanted to try one of those side ways rooms. They always looked bigger. But I'm not sure how I like the door right next to the bed. I kinda like the way you walked into a hallway (closet area).

But then again if I ever had too much to drink I could open the door and fall into bed! :)

I have a IA GTY on the 5 day Royal (and the following 7 day). It will be fun to see what I end up with!

Hi All

The sideways seemed much bigger than a standard inside but it is just that it makes very good use of space we have one booked for our next cruise on the Royal

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Laura, here are some photos of the "sideways" insides on the Royal that I snagged from Dave's thread. I've booked one for my T/A next year.

PAM, Does that mean you are doing a TA on the Regal?

The perpendicular insides are 166 sq ft (which is actually slightly larger than the standard insides on the Grand Class ships). The parallel insides are 175 sq ft. 9 sq ft is a lot of space in an inside cabin, however, we don't like the door so close to the beds. There is also less privacy when dressing in the bed area.

We are also booked in Gaurranteed Insides on our upcoming Royal Princess cruises. We've gotten one assignment- in a perpendicular cabin. We may have the opportunity to try both cabin configurations.

We had a regular inside on Coral, which was actually quite spacious compared to other ships we've been on.

Some CC friends had a perpendicular inside which is listed as having more SF, but they said the layout wasn't as good.

Laura, here are some photos of the "sideways" insides on the Royal that I snagged from Dave's thread. I've booked one for my T/A next year.

[ATTACH]282085[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]282086[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]282087[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the photo's, just changed my cabin to a "sideways" one.

I like it much better.

Joanne

I originally booked the sideways inside for the upcoming TA on the royal but had to switch to a larger balcony when my Mom decided to come. I was really looking forward to the different lay out.

I am also booked on the 2014 TA and if my friend decides not to join me, I'll be looking for an inside sideways cabin. :)

Hi,

We were on the maiden voyage of the Royal Princess (June 16-23) and had one of the "sideways" inside cabins (R330). The cabin was fairly spacious and had plenty of storage space. Also, we liked the location of this cabin. Of course, the arrangement of the cabin is different--the door is near the beds and the bathroom and closet are on the side of the cabin. However, this did not bother us. We recommend these cabins.

Chuck

Archived