Does anyone like the Niew Amsterdam?

Seniorsailors

I understand that Holland America has dumped its loyal Mariners in favor of fresh cruisers, limited wine allowed onboard, increased the number and cost of specialty restaurants as the MDR meals have apparently decayed in quality, and perhaps have cut staffing. But I also understand that you cruise with a ship, not a line. I hear nothing positive about the Niew Amsterdam. The Noordam, also Holland America, is amazing. So why isn't the newest Niew Amsterdam a favored cruise ship? :confused:

I understand that Holland America has dumped its loyal Mariners in favor of fresh cruisers, limited wine allowed onboard, increased the number and cost of specialty restaurants as the MDR meals have apparently decayed in quality, and perhaps have cut staffing. But I also understand that you cruise with a ship, not a line. I hear nothing positive about the Niew Amsterdam. The Noordam, also Holland America, is amazing. So why isn't the newest Niew Amsterdam a favored cruise ship? :confused:

We have sailed a total of 6 weeks on Nieuw Amsterdam and none of the things you mention were an issue for us. We had great cruises on this ship and would book again.

I cruised the NA last year and thought it was a nice ship. To be honest, I really didn't see anything special about it, but neverless, it was nice. It was my first HAL cruise, so I can't comment on the Mariner perks.

Ref the MDR, unfortunately, it was probably the worst MDR experience I had on any cruise. The Anytime Dining was a mess and service was terrible. At the time, it seemed to be a cruise line wide complaint, so hopefully they have worked out the issues by now.

Archived