OMG my first Celebrity cruise - I might get withdrawal symptoms from RCI

We did our first Celebrity cruise on Century last October. We had a wonderful time, although there were some things we missed about Royal. I certainly will cruise on either line, it all depends on the price & itinerary.

You will have a great time!:D

Sherri:)

We did our first Celebrity cruise on Century last October. We had a wonderful time, although there were some things we missed about Royal. I certainly will cruise on either line, it all depends on the price & itinerary.

You will have a great time!:D

Thanks Sherri.

We're on Celebrity Infinity in September.

I think I'm going to miss the Promenade, Windjammer layout and maybe the feel of an RCI ship.

Ha ha ha !!

They are different. BUT! Celebrity is truly a fine line, you will enjoy the upscale service, the attention to detail and the beauty of the ship!

Just noticed your note about adding a cruise as December is too far off.

That's what we did - lol. Added this 12 night Celebrity one ($799 per person including tax/fees) as November on Navigator is too far off :-)

Thanks Sherri.

We're on Celebrity Infinity in September.

I think I'm going to miss the Promenade, Windjammer layout and maybe the feel of an RCI ship.

Ha ha ha !!

I really missed the WJ, the buffet on Century had a very awkward layout, it felt more like a cafeteria. And I really missed the breads & pastries on Royal, just about any I tried on Century were pretty tasteless & not worth the calories. However, the pizza made up for it!:D

Take the approach that this is your very first cruise with NO EXPECTATIONS!!!

This is how we handled our cruise this past May, our first away from RCCL. We have over 20 RCCL and was looking for something different and went on a Carnival cruise.

Summary, we had a GREAT time and glad we went. Were there things we missed, ABSOLUTELY. Would we cruise Carnival again, no but would not know this had we never went.

You will have a good time as long as you don't start comparing as soon as you get on the ship.

Tim

I'm nervous now that I've booked a Celebrity cruise in case I don't like it as much as my RCI ones.

I like the big ships and this one is just a 2000 pax ship :-(

Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me :-)

I'll let you know. This will be my third Celebrity. I'm also on the Infinity in ten days. This itinerary just looked easier than sailing all the way from Copenhagen on Royal.

At least the prices on your wine cruise are really good. I'm still hoping for a price drop on the AC but only 10 days away its not looking promising.

I'm really looking forward to my Celebrity cruise, but I've cruised on enough different lines that I've learned to look forward to and appreciate the differences. We cruise enough that I like the change sometimes...it keeps cruising fresh, even if we're on an itinerary we've done many times.

You do need to keep an open mind. My second cruise was my first RCI, and I compared everything to Princess, which was all I knew. You'll never forget your first love, but new experiences can be fun!

We have enjoyed Celebrity very much. Though since switching to RCI I have not had a lot of desire to go back. We just really enjoy Voyager and Freedom class ships. But you will have a great time on Celebrity. It is the cruise line that got us hooked on cruising. Get all you can out of the cruise. RCI will be there when you are ready to go back.

We have enjoyed Celebrity very much. Though since switching to RCI I have not had a lot of desire to go back. We just really enjoy Voyager and Freedom class ships. But you will have a great time on Celebrity. It is the cruise line that got us hooked on cruising. Get all you can out of the cruise. RCI will be there when you are ready to go back.

Amen! Celebrity is my favorite cruise line but the reality is that I have sailed RCCL more times due to itinerary. I think Celebrity offers a great product. It will be interesting to see how I feel after Equinox in Sept.

We also booked our first Celebrity Cruise for October. Being D+ on RCI we will enjoy the Elite perks plus when we booked they had the 123 Go Promotion so we got the Classic Bev package.

We have been on 5 different lines so this will be another new and hopefully exciting comparison. We are booked for the Quantum so there is not a shred of doubt that we will continue to chip away at the requirements for Pinnacle. Probably never get there but what the heck! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Celebrity is my favorite line although I have not been on anything smaller than the Millenium. You don't get the WOW of the bigger RC ships but there are so many nice extras. Nothing says "welcome to your cruise" like a glass of champagne as you step on the ship. Cold towels around the pool and as you are boarding are a nice touch. We cruise RC more often since Celebrity isn't in the Caribbean in the summer and that is the only time I can cruise. Drink package is better on Celebrity (includes bottled water and fresh juice as well as alcohol) Love them both but they are different.

You appear to have enough cruises on RC to be Diamond, so you may find that the Elite benes on X will spoil you.

You don't even need to get up to get your munchies in the evening lounge - the waiters bring them around!

Also, don't miss the E breakfast with smoothies, bloodies, and mimosas.

I am a diamond level member on RC and have been on different size ships on RC- Our last 4 cruises on RC including Oasis,FreedomX2 and Liberty. We did the Celebrity Summit- southern car. sail last fall and also was worried due to size and date of ship. This was my first Celebrity cruise. We booked it due to itenary only . At first- on the boat- we were ugg- did we make a mistake. But- we really had a wonderful cruise. we booked aqua class. food was excellent, buffet not as good as WJ due to weird glass windows. But very nice pasta bar and salad bar. Live music was excellent- all over the ship. Our ports were wonderful. The elite benefits are very nice. I really liked the pool area too. So- I would book Celebrity in a second. If I was doing eastern/western car. I would book a new big boat. If you want the southern ports- book for those ports. I still love RC and cant wait to do the Oasis again in November. :D

We die-hard Royal fans are going on he Summit next week! I'm sure it will be a lovely cruise, but we do have some small concerns about the buffet area and entertainment

Dear Donna- I was on the Summit last Nov. and had the same concerns. I am not a show person so they all kind of blend to me. I loved the live music/entertainment on the ship. I am 40 ish so I liked the music. The buffet was weird. Their was this glass over hang that you wanted to remove. But the food was good. Salads were great and pasta bar. The scambled eggs were awful. But omlets were good. Hard to get drinks( water/tea) from drink stations. Just kind of weird that they would not fix by now. But did not put a damper on cruise. I did the southern car. cruise and there was never any lines. You cant compare it to the RC mega ships- but My husband and I had a very nice cruise and romantic time!! Have a great cruise.

MARK!!!! I see it's a wine immersion cruise! Heck if I were going to be immersed in wine you could put me on the Carnival Triumph and I'd be happy!!

But I have to say, Celebrity is my favorite line. I haven't been on the Summit since '08 but it was fantastic then; now that it's been Solsticized I bet it's even better.

Oh wait wait wait. What I meant to say:

Summit isn't that great so let's see if you can "gift" me a September wine immersion cruise. That way you don't have to go because it's only so so. YEAH that's what I meant to say. :D

We are taking our first Celebrity cruise in March on the Eclipse. It offers ports that would have us take a couple of different Royal cruises to see and this is for 14 nights. Our second celebrity cruise is next September on the Summit to NE/Canada, again offering ports that would have us fly to Quebec City and back if we sailed on Royal. We live in Virginia so we can take the train up to Bayonne-as we have done often for the Explorer. Jet Blue flies us non stop to FLL so it is also convenient for both ships. We are extremely loyal to Royal but Celebrity is going to be our new adventure. We are a little nervous trying something unfamiliar but we need to try something new!

Royal was my first love. And then I met Celebrity. :) Mind you, it was the Solstice. I love them both - D+ with Royal - but X is me. I love having a more upscale feel with fewer kids and no smoking. My kids are adults now, and I like having a more adult atmosphere. And I still party! The best DJs I've ever had have been on X - they don't play that endless rap stuff - they mix it up and play to the audience.

Haha, I have the opposite problem. My first cruise was on the Celebrity Infinity and I loved it. We booked our next upcoming one on the Explorer of the Seas because it was such a good price, and at first I was a little worried too. Mostly about the food, that it wouldn't be as good as it was on Celebrity (and what wouldn't I give to eat in Qsine again). But I've been on these boards for a while now and it seems like people have plenty of good things to say about Explorer too.

That immersive wine cruise sounds so awesome. I was looking at that one for quite a while too, but airfare plus the cruise cost would have been too much this year. The RCI one was more affordable. Maybe next year, I hope.

Haha, I have the opposite problem. My first cruise was on the Celebrity Infinity and I loved it. We booked our next upcoming one on the Explorer of the Seas because it was such a good price, and at first I was a little worried too. Mostly about the food, that it wouldn't be as good as it was on Celebrity (and what wouldn't I give to eat in Qsine again). But I've been on these boards for a while now and it seems like people have plenty of good things to say about Explorer too.That immersive wine cruise sounds so awesome. I was looking at that one for quite a while too, but airfare plus the cruise cost would have been too much this year. The RCI one was more affordable. Maybe next year, I hope.

Explorer is the first cruise that we did with RCI. Back then I just had to book one of those HUGE megaships that I kept reading about. It was awesome and we haven't booked anything but RCI since.

I'm nervous now that I've booked a Celebrity cruise in case I don't like it as much as my RCI ones.

I like the big ships and this one is just a 2000 pax ship :-(

Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me :-)

Celebrity offers an excellent product. ;) Do not board the ship and start comparing. Just enjoy your cruise!

Archived