Random thoughts from the O penthouse

cruz chic

[quote name='CowPrincess']Lorekauf, please continue posting on your thread about your experiences on the O-dam. Do you get special treatment for disembarkation too?

And I so totally want to hear more about Sitka -- one of my two favorite ports. (Loreto is the other one :) )

You are really making me ache to return to Alaska, even though in all likelihood I'll be in an NN :D[/QUOTE]

I got to pick my window to leave. I'm going to trying to store my bag at the pier and maybe go to the market to burn up time. I've got rom service coming for the 7 to 7:30 time so I can savour this.

[quote name='lorekauf']I had a lovely end to my day. Just packing up the last of my things. I ate in Canaletto tonight. I had the seafood soup and Canaletto salad. Both were excellent. I had the pork for the main which was ok but not spectacular. I used to love the cod but it's no more.

After this Victoriann (not spelled correctly) and her DH squired me around Victoria. I enjoyed meeting them both and appreciated it. I had a great time.
I've checking in for my flight and decide I needed to upgrade to first class for $149 for the super long 1.5 hour flight. It doesn't leave until 6:25 so I'll be ready for it. I hope everyone is going to visit me in the poor house.[/quote]

Thank you for the reports of your cruise.

Do you recall what desserts were available in the Canaletto?

[quote name='erewhon']Thank you for the reports of your cruise.

Do you recall what desserts were available in the Canaletto?[/QUOTE]

Thx for the reminder. I meant to say. They had tiramisu, lemonchello, somoe cocoa thing that I had and gelato. Mine was almost like a layers of biscuits with choc in btw. Good night everyone. My internet time is up.

[quote name='lorekauf']Thx for the reminder. I meant to say. They had tiramisu, lemonchello, somoe cocoa thing that I had and gelato. Mine was almost like a layers of biscuits with choc in btw. Good night everyone. My internet time is up.[/quote]

Thank you for your reply.

[quote name='lorekauf']I had a lovely end to my day. Just packing up the last of my things. I ate in Canaletto tonight. I had the seafood soup and Canaletto salad. Both were excellent. I had the pork for the main which was ok but not spectacular. I used to love the cod but it's no more.

After this Victoriann (not spelled correctly) and her DH squired me around Victoria. I enjoyed meeting them both and appreciated it. I had a great time.
I've checking in for my flight and decide I needed to upgrade to first class for $149 for the super long 1.5 hour flight. It doesn't leave until 6:25 so I'll be ready for it. I hope everyone is going to visit me in the poor house.[/QUOTE]

What the heck Lorene, you might as well end the cruise with more first class treatment:D Great reports. Thank you for taking the time to share with us and safe travels home:D

[quote name='lorekauf'] I hope everyone is going to visit me in the poor house.[/quote]

Hey, I'll be in the room (or cell) next to you in there :D :eek: :D Just ordered all new "fixings" for all the bedrooms, as we start our prep to sell this place.

Have a great trip home, and enjoy the first class flight!

[quote name='CowPrincess']Hey, I'll be in the room (or cell) next to you in there :D :eek: :D Just ordered all new "fixings" for all the bedrooms, as we start our prep to sell this place.

Have a great trip home, and enjoy the first class flight![/QUOTE]

Does that mean you are moving to cowtown:D? I'm downtown burning up time. I've got my luggage stored at the pier so I'll go back later on to pick it up then head to the airport. I've been awake since 4:45 am today:rolleyes:. I can never sleep in for some reason. It was a much better idea to do this than a shorex because I could stay in comfort for a while longer. Going to have some lunch at one of my faves PF Changs. I know I should eat something local but it's so yummy and we don't have them at home.

[quote name='lorekauf']Does that mean you are moving to cowtown:D? I'm downtown burning up time. I've got my luggage stored at the pier so I'll go back later on to pick it up then head to the airport. I've been awake since 4:45 am today:rolleyes:. I can never sleep in for some reason. It was a much better idea to do this than a shorex because I could stay in comfort for a while longer. Going to have some lunch at one of my faves PF Changs. I know I should eat something local but it's so yummy and we don't have them at home.[/QUOTE]

PF Chang's is our ultimate fave. Let us know u got home safe will you?

So my executive class upgrade got me into the united lounge. They have cookies, cheese, juice, coffee and booze too. Think I've drank enough. I'm in the Neptune lounge again. Clearly I'm not used to the "good" life :D. I have wifi too.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Lorekauf - I enjoyed you taking us along in the PH. I wanted to know how your knee is doing. Did the PH make it better? I'm asking because DH is still recovering from his total knee replacement and if the PH will help him along with his rehab, maybe I should book a cruise? :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Linda&Vern'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Lorekauf - I enjoyed you taking us along in the PH. I wanted to know how your knee is doing. Did the PH make it better? I'm asking because DH is still recovering from his total knee replacement and if the PH will help him along with his rehab, maybe I should book a cruise? :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I am not the OP , but I know the PH would help me with any rehab issues :) . I rhink a cruise would be a fine idea!

[quote name='lorekauf']So my executive class upgrade got me into the united lounge. They have cookies, cheese, juice, coffee and booze too. Think I've drank enough. I'm in the Neptune lounge again. Clearly I'm not used to the "good" life :D. I have wifi too.[/QUOTE]

I love the United Lounge's shortbread cookies!! Glad you are having a nice ending to your lovely cruise.

[quote name='Linda&Vern'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Lorekauf - I enjoyed you taking us along in the PH. I wanted to know how your knee is doing. Did the PH make it better? I'm asking because DH is still recovering from his total knee replacement and if the PH will help him along with his rehab, maybe I should book a cruise? :D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I think you need to book that cruise.

Being in the penthouse did help I'm sure:D. I'm getting used to doing stairs again so that's good. It's really not that much better than it was pre surgery. It should be interesting to see what's it's like after that shot of hyaloronic acid tomorrow.

[quote name='brazilgirl']I love the United Lounge's shortbread cookies!! Glad you are having a nice ending to your lovely cruise.[/QUOTE]

I had some cookies because I still can get my pants zipped up after the cruise. I thought after dinner last night I might have to sit with them open:D. By the way I tried the bacon this morning but it wasn't crisp:eek:.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]You're on United??? :eek: Or just using the United lounge? :confused: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Considering what they put you through earlier this year, you should eat and drink them dry. Don't leave a crumb or a drop! They owe you! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='lorekauf']I had some cookies because I still can get my pants zipped up after the cruise. I thought after dinner last night I might have to sit with them open:D. By the way I tried the bacon this morning but it wasn't crisp:eek:.[/QUOTE]

It is always good to get off a cruise and still be able to zip ! :)
Glad u got some bacon , any way it is made ( no such thing as bad bacon !)
Btw , do you remember what time the Pinnacle Grill closes breakfast service?
Safe arrival home!

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]You're on United??? :eek: Or just using the United lounge? :confused: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Considering what they put you through earlier this year, you should eat and drink them dry. Don't leave a crumb or a drop! They owe you! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

No just in the lounge. I'm on air Canada. I'm out in the cheap seats now with the great unwashed :D;) because my flight is getting close.

[quote name='brazilgirl']It is always good to get off a cruise and still be able to zip ! :)
Glad u got some bacon , any way it is made ( no such thing as bad bacon !)
Btw , do you remember what time the Pinnacle Grill closes breakfast service?
Safe arrival home![/QUOTE]

It seemed to vary btw 9 and 9:30

Archived