Is "Pick Your Perk" coming back? (Returning Aug 30th)

Richiebaseball

Is there any UK or Australian cruisers who have booked with a TA (prior to pick your perk) and were able to apply the offer? I called our TA and she said there was no way around it, even if we were to cancel and rebook. We don't normally receive any perks in AUS so I booked a few days ago (now the perk has become available to Australian's).

The terms and conditions are very strict, our TA said if we were cruising any other line we would have no problem applying the promo. "Any booking made prior to the 30 August 2013, which is cancelled on or after 22 August 2013 and then re booked during the sale period for the same ship and sail date even if with an alternate agent or booking method will be considered a cancel and re book and therefore not eligible for the offer."

Any help or suggestions on what we could do would be great :). Thank you

Have a question

With the drink package... you get the classic

If you upgrade to the premium do you wait till you are on board or while booking the cruise?

Do you pay Tax? :confused:

Saying you have OBC can you apply the drink upgrade once on board?

Which is better???

There is no tax on the package. If you wait until you get on board to upgrade' date=' then yes, you can pay the additional 11.50 per day and use your OBC towards it. Also, if you wait until you board your partner does not have to upgrade if they do not want to. If you decide to upgrade before you embark, then Celebrity will make both of you upgrade.[/font']

Is there any UK or Australian cruisers who have booked with a TA (prior to pick your perk) and were able to apply the offer? I called our TA and she said there was no way around it, even if we were to cancel and rebook. We don't normally receive any perks in AUS so I booked a few days ago (now the perk has become available to Australian's).

The terms and conditions are very strict, our TA said if we were cruising any other line we would have no problem applying the promo. "Any booking made prior to the 30 August 2013, which is cancelled on or after 22 August 2013 and then re booked during the sale period for the same ship and sail date even if with an alternate agent or booking method will be considered a cancel and re book and therefore not eligible for the offer."

Any help or suggestions on what we could do would be great :). Thank you

Hi, We're having the same problem - it's just not fair!!! We have 3 B2B's booked and although I think only the last one in Alaska would qualify for the Pick your Perk promo, our TA (pretty useless anyway!!) said exactly the same as you stated.

Thinking of ringing Celebrity direct but they probably will just say to contact our TA...

Feeling quite p....ed off as we just missed out when it was offered earlier (had no idea we would be cruising at that time), then went ahead and booked and now they're offering it again and no way of getting any deals. Really can't understand why they wouldn't even offer a discounted drinks package at least! And, to add insult to injury, Celeb just sent us an email to "book your beverage package today"!!

With so many Alaskan cruises to choose from, have a good mind to cancel and go with Princess who have such better loyalty rewards!

Can only hope they might offer something to those of us who've already booked as an incentive to stay on.

Cheers!

We booked last weekend during Facebook campaign. Just got email from our TA so we also got PYP and Facebook promo 100$ OBC. Our TA is also giving us OBC so it didn't prevent getting the Facebook promo.

Classic promo package is also showing already on the reservation on Celebrity website so have to say everything went really well.

We booked last weekend during Facebook campaign. Just got email from our TA so we also got PYP and Facebook promo 100$ OBC. Our TA is also giving us OBC so it didn't prevent getting the Facebook promo.

Classic promo package is also showing already on the reservation on Celebrity website so have to say everything went really well.

Where should the PYP, I took the beverage package)--but I can't find it on my reservation on the website.

I love Celebrity, these promos keep saving me money!! We booked our Nov 2014 B2B on the Summit when we were on the Eclipse this past April. Made a somewhat unusual decision for us and book an A1 (we aren't in our room much and don't really care to try Blu - we like the main dining room). So, this promo comes out, and ends up we can keep our OBC from Celebrity and our reduced deposit, but we loose the special pricing on the A1 so it would move our total price for 2 weeks from 4000 to 4400. Decided that wasn't worth it, downgraded to a 2C (less then $3400 total for two weeks), so we are saving $600 on the room from the original pricing, keep our OBC from Celebrity, a slight reduction in our OBC from our TA, keep our $200 only deposit, and free drink package!! YEAH!

Common on Pick your Perk for March of 2015!! :)

Where should the PYP, I took the beverage package)--but I can't find it on my reservation on the website.

Go to manage your reservation on Celebrity website and on the right you will My Cruise Extras. It says in there: "Beverage Package Wave Promo - Classic Package"

Our TA did the update and now someone from Celebrity said that Facebook promo isn't applicable with PYP and took it away. So now our TA has to call them again next week for getting the Facebook promo back to us. Ridiculous.

I think some of the rejections are about the window of booking. Was the FaceBook offer just for cruises originally booked between Aug. 15th and 31st? So reservations made ahead of time might not've qualified for the FaceBook credit to be added.

Not sure, though.

Last Friday I contacted my travel agent (Costco Travel) to apply the "Pick Your Perk" and Facebook on-board credits to my existing reservation.

The agent was unfamiliar with either of the promotions and seemed confused about how to do it. Ultimately she decided to send the request to "quality control" for further review and processing. A week later, quality control has still not had a chance to look at it.

I'm not sure if I simply got stuck with a clueless agent, or if this kind of behavior is typical of Costco Travel.

Last Friday I contacted my travel agent (Costco Travel) to apply the "Pick Your Perk" and Facebook on-board credits to my existing reservation.

The agent was unfamiliar with either of the promotions and seemed confused about how to do it. Ultimately she decided to send the request to "quality control" for further review and processing. A week later, quality control has still not had a chance to look at it.

I'm not sure if I simply got stuck with a clueless agent, or if this kind of behavior is typical of Costco Travel.

Rather than "sending" your request someplace -- and who has ever heard of "quality control"? -- why didn't she just pick up the phone? Seems weird.

The PYP doesn't expire until Oct. 6th, but the FB thing was due to expire on Saturday so time was perhaps of the essence for that one!

Go to manage your reservation on Celebrity website and on the right you will My Cruise Extras. It says in there: "Beverage Package Wave Promo - Classic Package"

Our TA did the update and now someone from Celebrity said that Facebook promo isn't applicable with PYP and took it away. So now our TA has to call them again next week for getting the Facebook promo back to us. Ridiculous.

Thanks! That's what I figured but its not there yet. I was going to call but for some reason I can't fine a phone number for them anywhere on their website (well except for Captain's club which I'm not)....I know I've seen one there before!! Driving me crazy.

I think some of the rejections are about the window of booking. Was the FaceBook offer just for cruises originally booked between Aug. 15th and 31st? So reservations made ahead of time might not've qualified for the FaceBook credit to be added.

Not sure, though.

Yes it was and we made booking 31st August. Based on that we would be eligible - but seems that there was just wrong Celebrity person talking with our TA. Can't understand how these can depend on the person - policies should be clear for all customer care agents.

Yes it was and we made booking 31st August. Based on that we would be eligible - but seems that there was just wrong Celebrity person talking with our TA. Can't understand how these can depend on the person - policies should be clear for all customer care agents.

Evidently it's not easy for all their call center agents to keep up with new info.

Your TA no doubt knows to try to explain it to another person, and if that doesn't work, to ask for a supervisor. Good luck with it!

Evidently it's not easy for all their call center agents to keep up with new info.

Your TA no doubt knows to try to explain it to another person, and if that doesn't work, to ask for a supervisor. Good luck with it!

I have also encountered problems with Celebrity Advertising. First with an advertisement offering free parking- but it really wasn't offered, then yesterday with a discount off of dinner packages.

I think a few problems exist with Celebrity, Very poorly written advertisements, and lack of communication and training for staff members. Call different reps and you get different answers. Very disturbing.

The new guard at Celebrity should address both issues quickly.

I think a few problems exist with Celebrity, Very poorly written advertisements, and lack of communication and training for staff members. Call different reps and you get different answers. Very disturbing..

Not just Celebrity... All cruise lines have misleading and deceptive advertising. :cool:

We were hoping for package but not offered for transatlantic in November. Darn.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Not available for 2014 Canada/New England cruises either.:( TA tried -- but not much luck. I had noticed that it said the Pacific coast and not the Atlantic side -- but was hoping that they were included. Oh well - maybe next time.

I'm debating between the free gratuities and the drink package. Would both people in the room have to take the drink package? I don't like beer and wine and usually get cocktails and frozen drinks. Should I upgrade to the premium drink package?

Thanks for the help!

I asked about this and was told the perk has to be the same for everyone booked in the cabin.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I asked about this and was told the perk has to be the same for everyone booked in the cabin.

That is correct. But the package also included specialty coffee which can cost over $5 per drink, plus soda, specialty tea and bottled water. Might still be worth it

If you do decide on the premium package wait till you are on board. You can get it just for yourself. Or you can wait a few days and see if you need the premium package. I upgraded to premium and loved it:D

Would love to have the drink package on my February cruises.:D Sure enjoyed it on the Reflection this year.

We too were on the Reflection this year in Feb. and recently booked the Eclipse for next Feb. with Premium Beverage Package + free gratuities. Very hard to pass up deals like that.

Archived