Is "Pick Your Perk" coming back? (Returning Aug 30th)

Richiebaseball

We're booked through a TA for the Silhouette Thanksgiving cruise next November (14). DH called the TA this afternoon and was waiting in a queue with them for ~15 minutes, then ended up on hold from the rep for ~30 minutes while the rep worked with Celebrity to get us rebooked. Yes, rebooked. The rep said that the Celebrity rep had to basically cancel and reinstate our booking to add the perk (Classic beverage package - we'll upgrade on the ship if we decide we want to), but that other than that, nothing about our booking has changed. He also said that our updated invoice won't be available for 10 days (Friday the 13th, he said - fun!) and we can request a new copy then.

Considering we got an OBC from the TA but our price was the same as cruiseline price, I figure we're getting a pretty good deal. It's Thanksgiving, so I doubt it's going to go down in price - if it does, we'll see if we can upgrade our room (we're in a C3 now - but I'll be happy anywhere on the ship) or just not worry about it. I'm looking forward to trying Celebrity - and so thankful for CC to clue me in to this perk so we can get a break on drinks for our first Celebrity cruise!

We're booked through a TA for the Silhouette Thanksgiving cruise next November (14). DH called the TA this afternoon and was waiting in a queue with them for ~15 minutes, then ended up on hold from the rep for ~30 minutes while the rep worked with Celebrity to get us rebooked. Yes, rebooked. The rep said that the Celebrity rep had to basically cancel and reinstate our booking to add the perk (Classic beverage package - we'll upgrade on the ship if we decide we want to), but that other than that, nothing about our booking has changed. He also said that our updated invoice won't be available for 10 days (Friday the 13th, he said - fun!) and we can request a new copy then.

Considering we got an OBC from the TA but our price was the same as cruiseline price, I figure we're getting a pretty good deal. It's Thanksgiving, so I doubt it's going to go down in price - if it does, we'll see if we can upgrade our room (we're in a C3 now - but I'll be happy anywhere on the ship) or just not worry about it. I'm looking forward to trying Celebrity - and so thankful for CC to clue me in to this perk so we can get a break on drinks for our first Celebrity cruise!

Interesting. Wonder why the 10 days, my new invoice is already in my inbox.

Interesting. Wonder why the 10 days, my new invoice is already in my inbox.

No idea. We received a new one with it as a "pending request" but the TA rep indicated it wouldn't be finalized for 10 days.

Funny thing - we could tell he was on hold with Celebrity as well, so it's not just the customer lines that are busy!

What is an open ended one?

One where you didn't specify a specific sailing date/ship yet. You dont get the same on board perks for doing that one in particular over the other option of booking a future specified cruise. I forget the terminology they use, open passages and future cruise credit maybe? I only used that service once so far but now that they are saying they will be allowing you to combine 1 other promo with an on board booking - i think i'll be back in business with doing that!

One where you didn't specify a specific sailing date/ship yet. You dont get the same on board perks for doing that one in particular over the other option of booking a future specified cruise. I forget the terminology they use, open passages and future cruise credit maybe? I only used that service once so far but now that they are saying they will be allowing you to combine 1 other promo with an on board booking - i think i'll be back in business with doing that!

I'll be on the Equinox in a couple of weeks and have a cruise I am very interested in 2014 if I purchase the future cruise certificate and book on board am I entitled to the extra perks? Can i transfer this to my TA within 60 days? I'm new to Celebrity and would like to know the advantages of booking onboard and with the Future cruise certificate.

Thank you for your replies

Not everything is loaded in the system, I had to change my room, due to loosing an upgrade offer, but my beverage package info will come next week also. My reservation shows my new cabin right now.

I'll be on the Equinox in a couple of weeks and have a cruise I am very interested in 2014 if I purchase the future cruise certificate and book on board am I entitled to the extra perks? Can i transfer this to my TA within 60 days? I'm new to Celebrity and would like to know the advantages of booking onboard and with the Future cruise certificate.

Thank you for your replies

Make sure the cruise you are interested in qualifies for the perks. If it is then you should be entitled to the promo and the on board perks.

When you book on board it will be booked to the travel agent that you booked your trip that you are on with. If you don't want that to happen you need to let your on board sales consultant know.

You can transfer it to any travel agent in 60 days.

You can find the details of the Current program at this thread;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1903077

Look at the attached file on the first post.

Wow, I just spent almost 45 minutes on hold and the reps keep saying that they cannot do the Facebook Promo and the Pick Your Perk. Maybe I should try an email instead?

Here's the link to the FB offer; in the fine print at the bottom it specifically says it's combinable with one other offer. I got this OBC and Pick your Perk today by calling Celebrity.

I hate to suggest you call back -- I guess it depends how much of your time the OBC is worth. Good luck!!

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?cid=sm_int_fb_sclmdb_1308_spcl_post_na_9168&pagename=social_media_offer&allowMobile=y

It worked for us!!! Woohoo. The Facebook code SPT4 was honored by celebrity even though we booked our cruise very early. I was surprised because if you read the fine print it states you must book between aug 15-31 to get the additional credit. You can also combine it with one other offer. We booked our trip through Costco. Costco gave us an on board credit. Then today I added the pick your perk. Then I saw this post about the Facebook/ twitter offer. Called Costco back. Waited on hold for about 15 minutes and the Costco travel agent said that they would honor the additional promo. THANK YOU Cruise Critic Members and Celebrity Cruise Line for heads up and additional $$$$!

Here's the link to the FB offer; in the fine print at the bottom it specifically says it's combinable with one other offer. I got this OBC and Pick your Perk today by calling Celebrity.

I hate to suggest you call back -- I guess it depends how much of your time the OBC is worth. Good luck!!

http://www.celebritycruises.com/genericHtmlTemplate.do?cid=sm_int_fb_sclmdb_1308_spcl_post_na_9168&pagename=social_media_offer&allowMobile=y

I'll call back tomorrow....total today spent on the phone with Celebrity was about 1 hour 20 minutes. I got the Pick Your Perk added (cruise went up 50pp). I'm just really bummed about the Facebook offer. We've been through 4 reps in 2 phone calls and not one of them will add the Facebook promo. Any ideas on what I should say? Should I try emailing customer service instead? Each time, they tell me they cannot combine the offers. They are saying it is because of the Pick Your Perk - that one cannot be combined with anything else. Meh....I am discouraged because we've never received onboard credit before. I know it is just $100....but, it would still be nice. Why do we seem the odd birds out when it comes to getting this, lol.... We just booked a couple of weeks ago....sheesh.

I'll call back tomorrow....total today spent on the phone with Celebrity was about 1 hour 20 minutes. I got the Pick Your Perk added (cruise went up 50pp). I'm just really bummed about the Facebook offer. We've been through 4 reps in 2 phone calls and not one of them will add the Facebook promo. Any ideas on what I should say? Should I try emailing customer service instead? Each time, they tell me they cannot combine the offers. They are saying it is because of the Pick Your Perk - that one cannot be combined with anything else...

The fine print in the Pick Your Perk offer says it's NOT combinable with any other offer or promo, so maybe some of the Celebrity reps are going with that. (The FB offer does say that IT is combinable with another offer.) One thing we know from CC is that there's a ton of inconsistent answers given when you call Celebrity.

Would anyone mind posting the Captain's Club phone number...thankyou:)

This is what I have for them, I hope it's current (and, if not, I hope someone will update the info):

1-800-760-0654

Monday through Friday: 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM ET

Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET

Thank you to those who brought the Facebook OBC to my attention! Read the posts and called my travel agent with little time to spare (they are closed tomorrow). She originally doubted it could be combined with Pick your Perk but I told her it could. She emailed me back with an updated confirmation with the prepaid gratuity (our choice) & facebook OBC.

I would have missed the facebook offer if not for CC posters! Thank you again.

Wow, I just spent almost 45 minutes on hold and the reps keep saying that they cannot do the Facebook Promo and the Pick Your Perk. Maybe I should try an email instead?

Weird, they definitely can do it, at least that's what they told me LOL. That one and the NJ/NY one were both combinable with 1 other offer, so i kept one and added on pick your perk.

It worked for us!!! Woohoo. The Facebook code SPT4 was honored by celebrity even though we booked our cruise very early. I was surprised because if you read the fine print it states you must book between aug 15-31 to get the additional credit. You can also combine it with one other offer. THANK YOU Cruise Critic Members and Celebrity Cruise Line for heads up and additional $$$$!

:(

Offer is only good for Alaska, Bermuda and Eurpean sailings only.

I'm booking a Caribbean :( Sigh!!! sniffle sniffle

What a great perk. Wish I was able to get it.

Have a question about

Perk 2 — Free Classic Beverage Packages

Receive
for two, including wine and spirits,
valued at $88*
per day, with beverage gratuities covered by us

What happens if one person in the cabin would like to get the premium package. How does that work?

Are you allowed to *upgrade* free beverage package for an additional cost?

Have a question about

Perk 2 — Free Classic Beverage Packages

Receive
for two' date=' including wine and spirits,[b'] valued at $88*
[/b]
per day, with beverage gratuities covered by us

What happens if one person in the cabin would like to get the premium package. How does that work?

Yes you can I did. It cost $10 per person per day plus an additional $1,50 pppd in tips. I believe both have to do it

All you need to do is just wait until you get on board and if you wish to upgrade' date=' then both or only one of you can. If you do it beforehand, then both of you will have to. Also, if one of you does it right away, the other can upgrade at anytime during the cruise with up to three days left and the upgrade charge will be prorated. Either way, it's 11.50 per day including gratuity.[/font']

The fine print in the Pick Your Perk offer says it's NOT combinable with any other offer or promo, so maybe some of the Celebrity reps are going with that. (The FB offer does say that IT is combinable with another offer.) One thing we know from CC is that there's a ton of inconsistent answers given when you call Celebrity.

Exactly. My issue is that Celebrity seems to be honoring it….just not with the reps that I get. Going to try again later and see what happens.

This is what I have for them, I hope it's current (and, if not, I hope someone will update the info):

1-800-760-0654

Monday through Friday: 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM ET

Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET

Turtles06 - do you think I"d have better luck contacting Celebrity through this number? Thanks.

Archived