Is "Pick Your Perk" coming back? (Returning Aug 30th)

Richiebaseball

There are also restrictions as to what rate program you have booked. I don't totally understand the codes, but there seem to be lots of rate tyoes specifically excluded from the PYP offer. Seems like mostly "full-price" rate offers are included. Even senior and resident state special rates are excluded.

Here's the language with relevant part bolded (by me):

My understanding is that Fivestar rate is "Full price". I think of it as similar to hotel "rack" rate or MSRP for products, but maybe my understanding isn't 100% accurate. Anyway, your travel agent will be able to clarify what price program you have booked under and whether it makes sense for you to change to this new offer.

Good luck!

Based on my experience with the previous 123 Promo it is not really MSPR price. It is the price that you see on the Celebrity website when you do a "booking" without any special pricing like senior, military, or resident. The price changes with demand and for our November 1 TA it changed frequently. I was able to get several price reductions, an upgrade, and then a downgrade as the conditions changed. I could not take advantage of the special senior and military rates. I also could not take advantage of some excellent suite GTY offers. I feel I am paying a really great price with a drink package.

Based on my experience with the previous 123 Promo it is not really MSPR price. It is the price that you see on the Celebrity website when you do a "booking" without any special pricing like senior, military, or resident. The price changes with demand and for our November 1 TA it changed frequently. I was able to get several price reductions, an upgrade, and then a downgrade as the conditions changed. I could not take advantage of the special senior and military rates. I also could not take advantage of some excellent suite GTY offers. I feel I am paying a really great price with a drink package.

Thanks for the info :)

Enjoy your TA!

Jane

That's exactly our experience. The price was never lower than when we booked with the drink package and has never dropped. It's now $500 per person higher and no drink package being offered, we're pretty happy :)

When I booked my March cruise on the Silhouette, I was able to take advantage of the most recent Pick your Perk promo and received the beverage package. My sister recently decided to join us and booked on another promo and received $200 OBC. If they rebook to receive the Pick your Perk promo, I know that they would lose the OBC and get the prevailing rate (which is the same as of today) but would they be able to have the same cabin? Any info would be appreciated!

When I booked my March cruise on the Silhouette, I was able to take advantage of the most recent Pick your Perk promo and received the beverage package. My sister recently decided to join us and booked on another promo and received $200 OBC. If they rebook to receive the Pick your Perk promo, I know that they would lose the OBC and get the prevailing rate (which is the same as of today) but would they be able to have the same cabin? Any info would be appreciated!

Yes.

You wont see a price code on the guest invoice unfortunately. I've not noticed a way that people can see their code aside from asking their agent or celebrity. (but admittedly haven't looked that hard for it) :-)

If you look on your Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy (from Celebrity), under General Information there is a heading: Promo Restrictions

That is where you will see the rate you are paying. It will say something like "Loyalty Rates", "Fivestar", etc. Not necessarily a code.

If you look on your Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy (from Celebrity), under General Information there is a heading: Promo Restrictions

That is where you will see the rate you are paying. It will say something like "Loyalty Rates", "Fivestar", etc. Not necessarily a code.

Will this code be listed if booked via the TA?

Thanks,

If I am online and looking at my confirmation directly on the Celebrity website, is there anyplace that will tell me if I am on a promo? Thanks!

Will this code be listed if booked via the TA?

Thanks,

Yes - what Cruise Junky said. Any reputable TA will be more than happy to email you the Celebrity Booking Confirmation - which should list everything. In fact, it should be "automatic".

My invoice (final payment due this week) says: Promo restrictions - none. Fivestar rate. I did get the previous Pick your Perk (drink package which I upgraded to premium), and I did get a price drop at some point in the last couple of months. I am assuming my stockholders benefit will not be combinable, but I intend to ask anyway. So, is fivestar the rate that anyone can get at any time (I book directly with X on-line, usually).

Yes - what Cruise Junky said. Any reputable TA will be more than happy to email you the Celebrity Booking Confirmation - which should list everything. In fact, it should be "automatic".

My Cruise Agent always sends us the official "Booking Confirmation --Guest Copy" whenever we book or make changes to our reservations. In case it is helpful, I will paste in the wording from that document.

Our current confirmation for the 11 Alaska Northbound Cruise Tour with the Suite gratuities & Classic Bev promo from Aug. 12th. It lists the following codes and amounts. (Note that we are traveling with a small group, and the free Grats and Classic Bev package are for the 7 night cruise portion in a suite):

ADV2-$200 ONBRDCR 0.00

CE07-GRP GRATUITY 108.50 (For both guests 1 & 2)

SOJ1-123GO GRATS -108.50 (For both guests 1 & 2)

SLB5-SAVINGS -308.00 (For both guests 1 & 2)

SLB6-WAVE BEV PKG 308.00 (For both guests 1 & 2)

They are for OBC, Suite gratuities & Classic Bev Package. We booked with an old Celebrity "Passage" that we have been unable to apply to many other cruises -- plus we made an extra deposit, in addition to the original $100 passage deposit

Under "Promo Restrictions" it says N/A with "11 NT Post Alaska Cruisetour #4A" listed underneath.

I know that we are booked under a TR price program, per my agent, but don't see it indicated on this confirmation. (I believe that TR is the code they use for CruiseTours.)

Our rate is fairly high and hasn't changed since the 2014 Alaska Itineraries were released, but we are happy with the over-all deal.

Here's something interesting:

The cost & credit listed for Classic Bev package promo shows as $308 PP, but it costs $354.20 PP to add to reservation separately. Doesn't matter to me, since it's nets out to $0. Looks like they don't account for the 15% gratuity usually added when purchasing package as an add-on. We know that servers are given gratuity per drink served, and we know that gratuity is supposed to be included in the Bev promo. I guess Celebrity assumes the cost of drink promo grats on a drink by drink basis. The fine print says, .

Server gratuities are included (amount based on gratuity guidelines).
so I guess this should not be a concern.

Jane

Mine says: Not Applicable

Fivestar

Have no idea what any of that means.

Actually, the upcoming promo is Pick your Perk, which includes choices such as a drink package, and other options. As we already have a thread on this, Im merging it. Thanks !

Andy,

Just checked my Celebrity reservation for next August. Originally I booked on board and received a discount on the deposit and a shipboard credit.

My reservation states 5 star. My TA upgraded me to a cheaper fare through the arrangement with Celebrity which technically gave me a 2 cat upgrade rate. She also sent me a new resevation. She advised me if the 123 beverage package i is offered and I take it, which I plan on, the rate for I originally paid to celebrity was about $120 more pp and I would have to pay it for the 2 category upgrade. I also will loose the "free" dinner and the bottle of wine from the TA.

Is this correct?

Andy,

Just checked my Celebrity reservation for next August. Originally I booked on board and received a discount on the deposit and a shipboard credit.

My reservation states 5 star. My TA upgraded me to a cheaper fare through the arrangement with Celebrity and sent me a new resevation. She advised me if the 123 beverage package is offered and I take it, which I plan on, the rate for the upgrade would go back to 5 star. It will cost another 120 pp for the fare which she original reduced due to the 2 category upgrade. I also will loose the "free" dinner and the bottle of wine from the TA.

Is this correct?

Hi Cruiseaholic,

We've heard numerous reports of members being required to pay the current rate, and forfeit any past promos associated with the booking, in order to upgrade to the current promotion. So, it's entirely possible that's why you are experiencing the 120 pp cost. As for what the TA is providing, I suspect the reduced rate is affecting their commission, so that may be why they wish to remove the comp dinner and wine.

I hope this is helpful !

Hi Cruiseaholic,

We've heard numerous reports of members being required to pay the current rate, and forfeit any past promos associated with the booking, in order to upgrade to the current promotion. So, it's entirely possible that's why you are experiencing the 120 pp cost. As for what the TA is providing, I suspect the reduced rate is affecting their commission, so that may be why they wish to remove the comp dinner and wine.

I hope this is helpful !

Hi Andy,

Maybe that is so-

Thanks for your prompt reply.

My limited understanding is that you would lose any previously scheduled perk. For example, we will undoubtedly lose our $100 OBC. (I wonder what happens if you are using reward points from your Celebrity credit card?) At any rate, that shouldn't stop the TA from leaving a bottle of wine in your cabin for you, should it?

The promo starts August 30, so my understanding is nothing can be applied until then.

My limited understanding is that you would lose any previously scheduled perk. For example, we will undoubtedly lose our $100 OBC. (I wonder what happens if you are using reward points from your Celebrity credit card?) At any rate, that shouldn't stop the TA from leaving a bottle of wine in your cabin for you, should it?

The promo starts August 30, so my understanding is nothing can be applied until then.

I'm wondering the same thing since I'm using Marriott destination points plus $$$ for a third person in room! Guess we'll see in Friday!

Hi Packercruising,

My guess is, credit card reward benefits could be retained, as it's not $$$ provided directly by Celebrity. I'd also think that if a TA offers a perk, that should be ok as well. As always, I'd certainly suggest asking your TA for confirmation.

I hope this helps !

Cruise must be booked Aug. 30 - Oct. 06, 2013 ( "Offer Period") and must be a Europe, Caribbean, Alaska, Bermuda, Pacific Coastal 4-night or longer cruises that departs Nov. 2013 - Dec. 2014

Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, price program, including, but not limited to, Exciting Deals, Category specials, Category guarantee rates, CHX, reduced air, Interline, Senior, Travelzoo, resident, travel agent, and employee rates, or discounted rates.

Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings which staterooms are named and fully deposited during the Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are "Qualifying Bookings."

Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $10 per person, per day plus $1.50 beverage gratuity per person, per day by contacting Celebrity Cruises.

Onboard Credit is per stateroom and amount is based on the number of cruise nights: 4-5 nights $100; 6-9 nights $200; 10 nights or more $300

Hi Packercruising,

My guess is, credit card reward benefits could be retained, as it's not $$$ provided directly by Celebrity. I'd also think that if a TA offers a perk, that should be ok as well. As always, I'd certainly suggest asking your TA for confirmation.

I hope this helps !

Oh, it doesn't matter to me, we aren't using those cards for this cruise! :D It just crossed my mind while posting. :cool:

Archived