Is "Pick Your Perk" coming back? (Returning Aug 30th)

Richiebaseball

I'm debating between the free gratuities and the drink package. Would both people in the room have to take the drink package? I don't like beer and wine and usually get cocktails and frozen drinks. Should I upgrade to the premium drink package?

!

Under the perk package, yes! You can not choose two perks.

To upgrade to the premium package, I would suggest ordering the Classic package and then once on board you can upgrade your own, other person doesn't have to upgrade. It will cost $11.50

Under the perk package' date=' yes! You can not choose two perks.

To upgrade to the premium package, I would suggest ordering the Classic package and then once on board you can upgrade your own, other person doesn't have to upgrade. It will cost $11.50[/quote']

Just to clarify, $11.50 pp per day.

Hi all,

Which one would you choose for a 7-night cruise?

1. Choiceair: Save $400* for 6- to 9-night sailings

2. Classic Beverage package for 2: Valued at $616

3. Free Gratuity for 2: Valued at $168 (for Verandah cabin)

4. OBC: $200

Although Class beverage package has the highest value but as an Elite, I can get drinks at Michael's Lounge so I am not considering this offer.

Choiceair is can save me $400 but does everyone in the cabin has to purchase Choiceair to qualify? I priced out my r/t airfare and it is about $350 pp. I'd like to use my airline miles for most of the people in the reservation. I have asked this question to Celebrity but the first person said everyone will have to purchase choiceair to qualify but when I actually booked and asked the same question again I was told that only 1 person needs to purchase Choiceair to qualify. Can anyone verify this? Also, if airfare is $350, will I still save $400 on the cruise based on the offer?

I will not take the free gratuity so it's either Choiceair or OBC.

Any advice is appreciated!

Hi all,

Which one would you choose for a 7-night cruise?

1. Choiceair: Save $400* for 6- to 9-night sailings

2. Classic Beverage package for 2: Valued at $616

3. Free Gratuity for 2: Valued at $168 (for Verandah cabin)

4. OBC: $200

Also, if airfare is $350, will I still save $400 on the cruise based on the offer?

I will not take the free gratuity so it's either Choiceair or OBC.

Any advice is appreciated!

You need to read the asterisk...no way they'd give 1 person 400 for choice air in this scenario esp when the flight is 350...it's usually based on some formula.

You need to read the asterisk...no way they'd give 1 person 400 for choice air in this scenario esp when the flight is 350...it's usually based on some formula.

* Prices are per person, cruise only, for stateroom category 08 and based on double occupancy. Government taxes and fees are additional. To qualify for the Pick Your Perk Offer ("Offer"), the following requirements must be satisfied.

Celebrity's ChoiceAir cruise fare savings amount is limited to one per stateroom, and based on the number of cruise nights: 4-5 nights $200; 6-9 nights $400; 10 nights or more $600. Celebrityâs ChoiceAir flights must booked by Oct. 06, 2013. To redeem Celebrity's ChoiceAir offer, contact your travel agent or Celebrity by Oct. 06, 2013. After ChoiceAir flights are booked, savings will be applied to the cruise fare if cruise fare has not yet been paid in full or will be credited to your method of payment if cruise fare has been paid in full. Credit not redeemable for cash and is non-transferable. Cancellation of air will result in removal of savings. For full terms and conditions of Celebrity's ChoiceAir and Lowest Airfare Guarantee programs, visit ChoiceAir.

What is all what is said.

Just heard from our TA. She couldn't get the Facebook promo to us. Celebrity claims that Facebook promo isn't combinible with PYP.

Really? I booked direct with Celebrity and when I called to ask about this, they added the Facebook promo along with the PYP. The girl I spoke with had to check with a supervisor, but the Facebook promo clearly says in the fine print that it can be combined with one other offer.

Really? I booked direct with Celebrity and when I called to ask about this, they added the Facebook promo along with the PYP. The girl I spoke with had to check with a supervisor, but the Facebook promo clearly says in the fine print that it can be combined with one other offer.

Yes. Well cruise is in October 2014 so I am pretty sure there will come better campaigns so then just have to play re-booking and cancelling our current reservation.

Decided to give Celebrity a call about PYP and Facebook promo. Their agent read the campaign text and agreed that those are combinible.

It is so bittersweet that she couldn't add it to us, since we have booked through travel agent.

I think it is really bizarre from customer point of view. Travel agent makes an error or doesn't handle thing for you -> and then Celebrity raises hands up and does nothing. I think the customer would be the most important thing and Celebrity should handle it. Are they doing their business for travel agents or for customers?

Last Friday I contacted my travel agent (Costco Travel) to apply the "Pick Your Perk" and Facebook on-board credits to my existing reservation.

The agent was unfamiliar with either of the promotions and seemed confused about how to do it. Ultimately she decided to send the request to "quality control" for further review and processing. A week later, quality control has still not had a chance to look at it.

I'm not sure if I simply got stuck with a clueless agent, or if this kind of behavior is typical of Costco Travel.

It took 2 weeks and four phone calls to my travel agent, but I finally got both the Pick Your Perk and Facebook promotions applied to my existing reservation.

With a large travel agency like Costco Travel, I think you really need to stay on top of them or things tend to languish due to the large volume of requests they receive.

It took 2 weeks and four phone calls to my travel agent, but I finally got both the Pick Your Perk and Facebook promotions applied to my existing reservation.

With a large travel agency like Costco Travel, I think you really need to stay on top of them or things tend to languish due to the large volume of requests they receive.

What were the facebook credits?

Does the PYP only apply to balcony cabins? Also, does it apply to 5 night sailings in the Caribbean (wasn't sure if the minimum was 7 nights)? Thanks :).
OV and up...yes to 5 night in the Caribbean. The only cruises not covered, I believe are transatlantic, transpacific and repositioning cruises. I will be corrected if I am wrong, as is the course on these boards. ;)

Archived