Is "Pick Your Perk" coming back? (Returning Aug 30th)

Richiebaseball

This is what I have for them, I hope it's current (and, if not, I hope someone will update the info):

1-800-760-0654

Monday through Friday: 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM ET

Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET

Yes, this is the current phone number. Certainly easy enough to find! Just need to log into Captain's Club and click on "contact us" - all contact info contained there. As screwed up as the Celebrity website can be, they DO have useful information there. :D

All you need to do is just wait until you get on board and if you wish to upgrade, then both or only one of you can. If you do it beforehand, then both of you will have to. Also, if one of you does it right away, the other can upgrade at anytime during the cruise with up to three days left and the upgrade charge will be prorated. Either way, it's 11.50 per day including gratuity.

Thank you for the info.

So glad I asked. ;):)

I am sure this has been asked and answered before, but I am nervous as this is my first time booking with a travel agent.

If I booked yesterday and selected my "perk" with the travel agent over the phone is it ok that it is not showing up on my reservation on celebritycruises.com?

Thank you!

I am sure this has been asked and answered before, but I am nervous as this is my first time booking with a travel agent.

If I booked yesterday and selected my "perk" with the travel agent over the phone is it ok that it is not showing up on my reservation on celebritycruises.com?

Thank you!

Yes, it's fine. I booked back in January and it never showed up. What is important is its on the Celebrity's invoice that your TA should send to you.

We spoke with our TA yesterday who was checking on the perk for a September 2014 cruise, and found that our classic beverage package hadn't been added by Celebrity for our January booking. :eek: She's working with Celebrity to get the first restored and we'll just hope for the best for the second. Must admit, I'm just glad we're able to do two cruises next year (we're celebrating making it through a very rough 2013) and won't sweat it if we can't get the other, though it would be very sweet indeed.

We spoke with our TA yesterday who was checking on the perk for a September 2014 cruise, and found that our classic beverage package hadn't been added by Celebrity for our January booking. :eek: She's working with Celebrity to get the first restored and we'll just hope for the best for the second. Must admit, I'm just glad we're able to do two cruises next year (we're celebrating making it through a very rough 2013) and won't sweat it if we can't get the other, though it would be very sweet indeed.

was it ever on your Celebrity invoice?

Our travel agent was able to get us both the Pick Your Perk promo as well as the FB OBC. It is definitely doable so anyone having problems should keep trying. The FB promo is only $100 but that'll pay for a specialty restaurant which we think would be a great treat! Good luck everyone!

Just wanted to give a report that DH called the Captains Club number…no problem adding the FB promotion along with the Pick Your Perk. He said everything took 10 minutes! Thanks everyone for reporting your experiences and for sharing calling the Captain's Club information.

What is FB promotion?

It's a $100 OBC applied to your sailing, in addition to one other promo. FB, short for Facebook

Cathy

It is only good through today 8/31 and also only good for sailings to Bermuda, Alaska or Europe. So those of us that enjoy sailing the Caribbean are locked out. :(

This is what I have for them, I hope it's current (and, if not, I hope someone will update the info):

1-800-760-0654

Monday through Friday: 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM ET

Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET

Thankyou!

It's been a good weekend for us; I just got that $100 OBC for our already booked Solstice Alaskan cruise next June, and I got $200 OBC (as well as $75 OBC from our travel agent) for the Silhouette cruise that we just booked yesterday. :)

All of this is because of the great peeps on Cruise Critic who share....thankyou!

Kathy

Just wanted to give a report that DH called the Captains Club number…no problem adding the FB promotion along with the Pick Your Perk. He said everything took 10 minutes! Thanks everyone for reporting your experiences and for sharing calling the Captain's Club information.

Yay -- happy for your success! :)

Just off the phone with celebrity (regular number). We've been booked for months and were able o take advantage of a $300pp price drop, added the pick your perk (chose drink package) plus the FB OBC promo.

I'd say you're having a fantastic day, then! Isn't it a rush? Congrats!

Check out the Facebook/Twitter promotion that is good until August 31, 2013. It is for a $100 OBC and is "combinable with one other offer." I am a cruise tomorrow "picking" the drink package and planning to take advantage of this as well. I will let you know if it works out, although I have called Celebrity and they assure me that I will be able to take advantage of both. But you know how that goes, different answers on different days for different people!:cool:

Reporting back... I am dealing with a popular online TA, C--C--, in booking a 7-day Bermuda cruise on the Summit next June. The perks for a veranda room (we have 8181, Yea!) are, from Celebrity, the Classic Drink package using Pick your Perk. From the TA, we are getting: upgrade to Premium drink pkg for me and DH, free gratuities for 2, and free soda packages for 3 kids in cabin.

BUT, we were told we could not take advantage of FB $100 OBC offer because the perks from the online TA are somehow connected to Celebrity such that the perks from the online TA ARE another perk in Celebrity's eyes. Thus, since the FB OBC is combinable with only one other offer, we cannot get it.

What do you all think? Should I push it by calling Captains Club (would they even talk to me)? I am happy with the perks we have, but I hate to leave money on the table if not necessary.

Just made booking for October 2014 and chose Classic drinks package. TA said it can take 2 - 4 weeks for Celebrity to add it to the reservation.

I also told TA about the Facebook promo - will be interesting to see what happens with it.

This is my first time posting, but I'm so glad I read this board today. We are booked on our first Celebrity cruise on the Solstice to Alaska next Aug. Even though we booked the end of July, I was able to get the drink package & the FB promotion. Our cruise also dropped in price by $20. Our friends who booked with a TA got the same thing just a few minutes after us. Very happy for the advice on these boards or I never would have known that these promotions applied to cruises already booked.

What do you all think? Should I push it by calling Captains Club (would they even talk to me)? I am happy with the perks we have, but I hate to leave money on the table if not necessary.

Besides the free classic package from X, your TA is giving you a package of perks worth just over 400.00.....be thankful, smile and let it be.

Reporting back... I am dealing with a popular online TA, C--C--, in booking a 7-day Bermuda cruise on the Summit next June. The perks for a veranda room (we have 8181, Yea!) are, from Celebrity, the Classic Drink package using Pick your Perk. From the TA, we are getting: upgrade to Premium drink pkg for me and DH, free gratuities for 2, and free soda packages for 3 kids in cabin.

BUT, we were told we could not take advantage of FB $100 OBC offer because the perks from the online TA are somehow connected to Celebrity such that the perks from the online TA ARE another perk in Celebrity's eyes. Thus, since the FB OBC is combinable with only one other offer, we cannot get it.

Anything you receive from your TA has nothing to do with anything you receive from Celebrity. They are separate entities. As for calling Captain's Club rep, they will only tell you to call your TA. Once you are registered with a TA and book your cruise through them, Celebrity will only tell you everything needs to be handled through your TA.

Archived