Is "Pick Your Perk" coming back? (Returning Aug 30th)

Richiebaseball

:)

Are folks already getting this new offer from the TA even though its not 8/30 yet?

Also looking forward to August 30th. After reading lots of threads we all know some people get new promotions added to their pre-existing reservations as long as there has not been a price increase. Others are told they must give -up their older perks tied to the pre-existing reservation such as OBC etc. from Celebrity to get the new promotion. All things being equal, price codes, no price increase or no special rates for Senior or Regional discount, everyone still comes up with different deals. Would appreciate you sharing what perk you got on August 30 and did you have to give up any pre-existing perks you already had from Celebrity or your TA, Thanks :)

Here is an answer I got back from a travel agent regarding Transatlantic cruises

" Celebrity head office confirmed,due to low price of transatlantics,they do not qualify for the 4 perks package starting Friday"

:(

That's what I thought. But I'm only paying $1,300 Cdn. for a 1A, I can hardly expect them to pitch in a drink package too, but it sure would be nice :)

That's what I thought. But I'm only paying $1,300 Cdn. for a 1A, I can hardly expect them to pitch in a drink package too, but it sure would be nice :)

I book the Equinox for the fall TA last March on the 123

1 b, $1149 CDN, $75 obc with drink package

It will be nice :D

Wish they would do it again

Mark

Mark

I know, we booked our Hawaii cruise under the first 123 and it hasn't been offered since, I would LOVE it to come back for the TAs but I'm not holding out much hope at this point. Fairly confident we'll get it for our 2015 spring Caribbean Cruise.

"Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, price program, including, but not limited to, Exciting Deals, Category specials, Category guarantee rates, CHX, reduced air, Interline, Senior, Travelzoo, resident, travel agent, and employee rates, or discounted rates."

Would the 25% FCC that we expect due to the Millennium cancellations be considered a non-combinable item? Would be great if it could also be used. I may even consider using it next year before I lose it.

Here is an answer I got back from a travel agent regarding Transatlantic cruises

" Celebrity head office confirmed,due to low price of transatlantics,they do not qualify for the 4 perks package starting Friday"

:(

Mark, when is your next TA? (Edited to add...oops, I should have read the whole thread before posting :)).

We are booked on the April 16th Reflection TA, but the prices are not low. I'm booked in an AquaClass cabin now, no perks, but if the prices don't come down significantly, we won't be going.

Mark, when is your next TA? (Edited to add...oops, I should have read the whole thread before posting :)).

We are booked on the April 16th Reflection TA, but the prices are not low. I'm booked in an AquaClass cabin now, no perks, but if the prices don't come down significantly, we won't be going.

Elena, in view of our discussions on the other thread and just out of interest I had a look at your Reflection ta pricing for April '14 (I'm thinking of doing the one on her in October 2014) and my observation is that there is quite a premium for AQ over say CC. It seems to happen sometimes and perhaps it will drop. There are quite a few A1s to sell still. Otherwise bearing in mind it's 16 nights with a very nice itinerary, including a number of European stops I don't think the other categories are too badly priced. I think it's just that you've hit on a ta itinerary that is not a typical rock bottom fare for AQ. The Reflection TA in October is cheaper, but only 15 nights and includes Caribbean stops at the end. Having said all that, who knows what the prices will be like after final payment;) Hope they drop for you before then.

Phil

Elena, in view of our discussions on the other thread and just out of interest I had a look at your Reflection ta pricing for April '14 (I'm thinking of doing the one on her in October 2014) and my observation is that there is quite a premium for AQ over say CC. It seems to happen sometimes and perhaps it will drop. There are quite a few A1s to sell still. Otherwise bearing in mind it's 16 nights with a very nice itinerary, including a number of European stops I don't think the other categories are too badly priced. I think it's just that you've hit on a ta itinerary that is not a typical rock bottom fare for AQ. The Reflection TA in October is cheaper, but only 15 nights and includes Caribbean stops at the end. Having said all that, who knows what the prices will be like after final payment;) Hope they drop for you before then.

Phil

Thanks for the kind sentiments, Phil:

We are big fans of AquaClass, and particularly for a TA, but $350 per person over the cost of a C2 is way too much, and I just don't believe they will be able to sustain that pricing. It's just annoying that we have to do this little dance. I will hold the cabin until final payment, but I won't pay this kind of money for a TA, even for one with such a great itinerary. I know they will be bringing the price down, and I just hope it's before final payment.

I've always booked early to get the cabin we want, and this is the first time I've ever booked a cruise that I felt was priced way too high at the outset. Usually I book it, and if I get a price drop, I'm grateful, but I am comfortable with the price I book at, and have never cancelled a cruise over cost issues. I think this time, however, that their pricing is out of line, and as it is a Transatlantic, they are not offering anything to offset it. The question is, when will they lower the price?

We're spending a week in Mallorca after the cruise, and if I'm wrong, and the pricing holds, then we'll just change our outbound flight and spend a couple of weeks in Mallorca instead of taking the cruise.

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. It's always nice to hear from you. :)

Mark

We also booked last year on board for two silhouette cruises got cc plus drink packages, reduced deposit and obc for about $2500 per couple! Our Bermuda cruse will cost about 3700 for Cc per couple next year without a drink package!

When (if) we get the package for Bermuda, it will cost more for same cabin.

We just booked our cruise 3.5 weeks ago at the prevailing rate because DH simply wanted to book a cruise before I gave the official 'no'. We didn't get any perks....so I'm hoping the rate stays the same and we can get the Pick your Perk because we certainly didn't book with any perks initially.

we are looking at the Silhouette next April

I think we will wait until after finial payment is due and see if there any $650 balcony for sale

Check out the Facebook/Twitter promotion that is good until August 31, 2013. It is for a $100 OBC and is "combinable with one other offer." I am a cruise tomorrow "picking" the drink package and planning to take advantage of this as well. I will let you know if it works out, although I have called Celebrity and they assure me that I will be able to take advantage of both. But you know how that goes, different answers on different days for different people!:cool:

I am from Europe and I was looking around on the website of our TA today and I noticed that as from tomorrow on they also offer free beverage packages! It's the classic beverage package. :-) :-) :-)

So to all the European guests, check with your TA for this promotion ;-)

I am from Europe and I was looking around on the website of our TA today and I noticed that as from tomorrow on they also offer free beverage packages! It's the classic beverage package. :-) :-) :-)

So to all the European guests, check with your TA for this promotion ;-)

Which country are you from? UK?

Check out the Facebook/Twitter promotion that is good until August 31, 2013. It is for a $100 OBC and is "combinable with one other offer." I am a cruise tomorrow "picking" the drink package and planning to take advantage of this as well. I will let you know if it works out, although I have called Celebrity and they assure me that I will be able to take advantage of both. But you know how that goes, different answers on different days for different people!:cool:

I just got both; thanks for posting about the FB offer!!

I called today - and you can definitely KEEP the 100 and have pick your perk! I'm a happy girl this morning!

Archived