Is "Pick Your Perk" coming back? (Returning Aug 30th)

Richiebaseball

It will depend on the prevailing rate for your cabin when the offer goes into effect. I would do a mock booking right on Fri., 8/30 to see whether the new rate, including Classic Bev package, is less than your current rate plus paying for the perk.

Good Luck! Let us know how it works out.

Jane

PS I just "Mock" added Classic drink package to my 7 night upcoming cruise. Tot (w/ the 15% gratuities they added) comes to $50.60 per person, per day

It will depend on the prevailing rate for your cabin when the offer goes into effect. I would do a mock booking right on Fri., 8/30 to see whether the new rate, including Classic Bev package, is less than your current rate plus paying for the perk.

Good Luck! Let us know how it works out.

Jane

My TA will do on Friday. She did call Celebrity yesterday and told me that the upgrades that I was getting wouldn't be combinable. But we are still way ahead. Will get specifics on Friday and let all know.

Guess I will be calling on Friday and having it added to our EQ cruise for next June. We will choose the beverage package and upgrade to Premium.

Dont forget it's not just "added" on....you will need to be paying the prevailing rate, and will lose any other perks provided by Celebrity. (unless you had an future cruise booked onboard that stated the obc was combinable with 1 other offer which is apparently now the new rule when booking a specific sailing on board).

Your TA should have access to this in cruisingpower (their booking engine) under promotions.

Jane,

You seen to have a lot of great information. Based on your experience, if my DH and I upgrade close to the cruise as we sometimes do to for example a suite guarantee, will they "take away" the drink package? Typically the cost is more for the upgrade. Just a question.

Thanks,

Wendy

Dont forget it's not just "added" on....you will need to be paying the prevailing rate, and will lose any other perks provided by Celebrity. (unless you had an future cruise booked onboard that stated the obc was combinable with 1 other offer which is apparently now the new rule when booking a specific sailing on board).

This raises an interesting (to me) question:

I understand that the new Reserved & Open Passage offers clearly include language that they are combinable with 1 other promotional consumer offer.

What if the "one other offer" in effect at time of booking contains language specifically excluding combination with any other offer, promotion, etc???

This seems to be the case per the below language in the new Pick Your Perk promotion:

Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, price program, including, but not limited to, Exciting Deals, Category specials, Category guarantee rates, CHX, reduced air, Interline, Senior, Travelzoo, resident, travel agent, and employee rates, or discounted rates.

Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings which staterooms are named and fully deposited during the Offer Period.

Bookings that meet all of these requirements are “Qualifying Bookings.” Qualifying Bookings may choose any one of these options: Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities, Onboard Credit, or Celebrity’s ChoiceAir cruise savings (if guest purchases air travel through Celebrity’s ChoiceAir). Limit of one Offer per stateroom.

I hope there is clear corporate communication with both ship and shore-side booking employees that this combo is allowed. Unfortunately, I anticipate that there will be lots of incorrect information given.

I forsee future offers including something in the fine print about combinabiltiy with a Passage booking or certificate.

...as if the fine print section isn't long and confusing enough...:eek:

Jane

The last two times that we used this promotion we were lucky that the price had not increased. We currently have no other perks on this booking.

Jane,

You seen to have a lot of great information. Based on your experience, if my DH and I upgrade close to the cruise as we sometimes do to for example a suite guarantee, will they "take away" the drink package? Typically the cost is more for the upgrade. Just a question.

Thanks,

Wendy

Yes; that it my understanding. There is also something I remember reading in the fine print specifically excluding "guarantee" rate offers, but I can't put my hands on it right now (on an iPad). Will try to edit and paste in at the bottom of this post, if I find it in time.

Your rate is tied into the promotion available at the time of booking (or re-booking).

I'm not a travel agent or any kind of expert. I've found the easiest way to think of this is as a "package deal". You can't just keep one part of the "package" (EG Classic Beverages) and change your cabin rate. This seems fair and logical to me, from a business standpoint.

Jane

Here is an excerpt from the PYP fine print that excludes Guarantee rates:

]Offer cannot be combined with[/b] any other offer, promotion, price program, including, but not limited to, Exciting Deals, Category specials, Category guarantee rates, CHX, reduced air, Interline, Senior, Travelzoo, resident, travel agent, and employee rates, or discounted rates.

Yes; that it my understanding. There is also something I remember reading in the fine print specifically excluding "guarantee" rate offers, but I can't put my hands on it right now (on an iPad). Will try to edit and paste in at the bottom of this post, if I find it in time.

Your rate is tied into the promotion available at the time of booking (or re-booking).

I'm not a travel agent or any kind of expert. I've found the easiest way to think of this is as a "package deal". You can't just keep one part of the "package" (EG Classic Beverages) and change your cabin rate. This seems fair and logical to me, from a business standpoint.

Choosing to take advantage of changing your room rate to anything

Since I handpicked- what I believe to be the best C1 cabin on the ship- I will sit on my hands and not upgrade to a suite guarantee. The drink package is more valuable then the walk in closet and extra room- IMO Thanks again for your help!

The last two times that we used this promotion we were lucky that the price had not increased. We currently have no other perks on this booking.

There are also restrictions as to what rate program you have booked. I don't totally understand the codes, but there seem to be lots of rate tyoes specifically excluded from the PYP offer. Seems like mostly "full-price" rate offers are included. Even senior and resident state special rates are excluded.

Here's the language with relevant part bolded (by me):

Offer applies to ocean view and higher staterooms, and Fivestar, Group X, and cruisetour price program rates (price programs that begin with FST, TR, and GRPX).

Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, price program, including, but not limited to, Exciting Deals, Category specials, Category guarantee rates, CHX, reduced air, Interline, Senior, Travelzoo, resident, travel agent, and employee rates, or discounted rates.

My understanding is that Fivestar rate is "Full price". I think of it as similar to hotel "rack" rate or MSRP for products, but maybe my understanding isn't 100% accurate. Anyway, your travel agent will be able to clarify what price program you have booked under and whether it makes sense for you to change to this new offer.

Good luck!

This raises an interesting (to me) question:

I understand that the new Reserved & Open Passage offers clearly include language that they are combinable with 1 other promotional consumer offer.

What if the "one other offer" in effect at time of booking contains language specifically excluding combination with any other offer, promotion, etc???

This seems to be the case per the below language in the new Pick Your Perk promotion:

I hope there is clear corporate communication with both ship and shore-side booking employees that this combo is allowed. Unfortunately, I anticipate that there will be lots of incorrect information given.

I forsee future offers including something in the fine print about combinabiltiy with a Passage booking or certificate.

...as if the fine print section isn't long and confusing enough...:eek:

Jane

Good question. I've yet to deal with the scenario to know, but presume it'll come up sooner or later :-) It'll likely be a mess to decipher, as it is now.

Talked with my TA today; she said September 1 for Pick your Perk

Sept. 1 was what was originally mentioned from what I've read on this board, but the official Celebrity flyer came out with Aug 30th date. See below flyer excerpt:

Cruise must be booked Aug. 30 - Oct. 06, 2013 ( “Offer Period”)

Jane

PS Not sure if offer is available before 9/1/13 if booking online or directly with Celebrity, but it seems travel agent should have it available starting 8/30.

Talked with my TA today; she said September 1 for Pick your Perk

Then be sure to call her on 8/30 and tell her it starts then LOL.

The original date was 9/1, but it was changed. It's on the promotion as 8/30. That's why the fine print states this "

To qualify for the Pick Your Perk Offer ("Offer"), the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked Aug. 30 - Oct. 06, 2013 ( "

Sept. 1 was what was originally mentioned from what I've read on this board, but the official Celebrity flyer came out with Aug 30th date. See below flyer excerpt:

Jane

PS Not sure if offer is available before 9/1/13 if booking online or directly with Celebrity, but it seems travel agent should have it available starting 8/30.

Yes we definitely have access to this starting 8/30. Not sure if it's different for TAs vs general population, i wasn't under that impression but travel agents have access on 8/30.

Good question. I've yet to deal with the scenario to know, but presume it'll come up sooner or later :-) It'll likely be a mess to decipher, as it is now.

I'm betting on SOONER...plus we'll need to keep track of at least 3 different sets of [Open}"Passage" rules, depending on when the certificates were issued.

I feel great empathy for my Cruise Agent friends!

Jane

I just gave my TA a heads up on this. However, we booked a month ago for a specific (hump) cabin for next August and I'm wondering if I would lose it if I have to rebook for the promotion.

You shouldn't lose your cabin, but you may have to pay the current price for it if it has increased. Make sure you are clear with whoever that you are speaking to that you don't want to lose your cabin.

Just went to book a Feb 2014 cruise and my TA said let's wait til Friday...123 Go promotion is coming back! He said it will offer either gratuities, drinks, or OBC.

Yay! :)

Actually, the upcoming promo is Pick your Perk, which includes choices such as a drink package, and other options. As we already have a thread on this, Im merging it. Thanks !

Grpx is a group price code only available if your TP booked you in a group. Tr is a cruise tour price code. Fstar is a basic price code. They are price codes just like SE for senior rates or RE for resident rates. Your price codes that start w/ grpx and fst are the most combinable;)

Is CRBK a code?? If so does anyone know what it is?

Perhaps when Friday comes along, someone could please post - on a separate thread - what your experience was with booking this Pick your Perk?

We plan to book while onboard the Century in a little more than a week. I would love to have a bit more knowledge before going onboard.

Also, if someone is onboard next week and planning to book, please try to post your experience from the ship. :)

Is CRBK a code?? If so does anyone know what it is?

I've not noticed it but that doesn't mean it's not one. It's definitely not one that is combinable with this promotion, however, if it is one.

You wont see a price code on the guest invoice unfortunately. I've not noticed a way that people can see their code aside from asking their agent or celebrity. (but admittedly haven't looked that hard for it) :-)

Archived